Author Topic: nakel lotties rant  (Read 177780 times)

spanyard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 77
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: nakel lotties rant
« Reply #1050 on: June 09, 2021, 06:32:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I had to look back on the thread to make sure that the vulc vs cupsole argument was indeed in the same thread that developed into Lotties entire genealogy, hot air baloon theories, and f500 commercial real estate firms.
[close]

It’s the thread that keeps on giving.
[close]
Still waiting to hear what Acidply is
[close]

There has to be a page count threshold after which threads tend to devolve into total lunacy. It is clearly before 30
[close]

ACIDPLY is literally nothing. It is just made up market hype to sell boards. As much as I love Quasi I have had too many of their boards with major glue/bonding issues to pick up another one. Maybe it's a PS Stix issue in general I don't know, but I have had them delaminate often,even length wise form nose to tail.
[close]
yeah i've noticed ps stix tends to have some quality control issues. the first ps board i had was amazing and then the rest were terrible and would feel soggy after like one session
[close]

Sorry to derail the thread further, but I just tried a Quasi for the first time, and I snapped the nose clean on a flatground nollie heel on only the third session. I never snap boards, I crack them at worst. I couldn't believe it. I had just gotten off a Baker I skated for damn near a year. Guess I'm of PS Stix.

Semi-related to the thread, I'm glad to see my local in LA has not stirred up any drama.
[close]

I don't know, I think thats possible with any new board. I did the same thing to a brand new FA Sid and Nancy board on flat ground first time I rode it. As far as PS Stix, I don't find they feel soggy though, more like springy. I love them when they don't fall apart.

Not sure if you are insinuating that the Sid and Nancy Gino was a bbs/gen production, cuz I had the same deck and am 99% sure that was a ps stix prior to switching over to bbs shortly after.

ManimalChin

• Rep: 22
« Reply #1051 on: June 09, 2021, 06:35:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Are you talking about Cyrus Bennett?

Also

[close]

no. I had never heard of Cyrus Bennet until I saw the thread about him on here.
[close]
how many times you gonna delete your posts?
[close]

probably leave a few up though next week then delete the rest of them
[close]
beefy lad is nickel confirmed
[close]

lol, I wish. im just a bored guy wasting time in a heat wave

Lol

Must not live in LA cuz it was like 70 tops today

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1052 on: June 09, 2021, 08:10:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Are you talking about Cyrus Bennett?

Also

[close]

no. I had never heard of Cyrus Bennet until I saw the thread about him on here.
[close]
how many times you gonna delete your posts?
[close]

probably leave a few up though next week then delete the rest of them
[close]
beefy lad is nickel confirmed
[close]

lol, I wish. im just a bored guy wasting time in a heat wave

I’m assuming you’re east coast. Dude eastern LI right now is a fucking swamp. Hit 88-90 throughout today and it felt like 100. Went out to my backyard to move some tools and instantly felt like I was melting. Meanwhile my boy’s posting insta stories skating a park in FL wearing a beanie and black shirt what the fuck.

COMMUNITYPACK

• Rep: 51
« Reply #1053 on: June 09, 2021, 08:45:28 PM »
Expand Quote
I understand the archetype. I just am not into that kind of dude anymore. and I think the world has moved on. he's like the high fidelity guy of skateshops. Autumn in NYC was a lot like that.  I (used to) travel all over the place too and have not really been running into that kind of guy anymore. that whole judgmental sourpuss thing is very late gen-x / elder millennial. the younger guys are always pretty positive and "chill" seeming. honestly im actually sort of surprised and refreshed at the newer attitude I encounter in real life because I am more used to the mike Lottie type guy. a lot of my old friend are basically like that and grouching it up online to me and it gets pretty tiresome. then I go to the skate shop and the 20 year old guy is like YO!
[close]
That is weirdly accurate. I am on the very tail end of the "jaded sarcastic hating on everything" being cool skateboarding generation and kind of have that personality if I am being honest.

The younger kids at the park are friendlier than we were at their age and seem genuinely hyped on most things. It's sick, and makes me hopeful for the future!

100% this.

It's sick.

You know who was actively backing a shit load of these super positive kids that are very good at skating and not too cool to talk to anyone?

Mike from Lotties.

Go figure.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1054 on: June 09, 2021, 10:24:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I had to look back on the thread to make sure that the vulc vs cupsole argument was indeed in the same thread that developed into Lotties entire genealogy, hot air baloon theories, and f500 commercial real estate firms.
[close]

It’s the thread that keeps on giving.
[close]
Still waiting to hear what Acidply is
[close]

There has to be a page count threshold after which threads tend to devolve into total lunacy. It is clearly before 30
[close]

ACIDPLY is literally nothing. It is just made up market hype to sell boards. As much as I love Quasi I have had too many of their boards with major glue/bonding issues to pick up another one. Maybe it's a PS Stix issue in general I don't know, but I have had them delaminate often,even length wise form nose to tail.
[close]
yeah i've noticed ps stix tends to have some quality control issues. the first ps board i had was amazing and then the rest were terrible and would feel soggy after like one session
[close]

Sorry to derail the thread further, but I just tried a Quasi for the first time, and I snapped the nose clean on a flatground nollie heel on only the third session. I never snap boards, I crack them at worst. I couldn't believe it. I had just gotten off a Baker I skated for damn near a year. Guess I'm of PS Stix.

Semi-related to the thread, I'm glad to see my local in LA has not stirred up any drama.
[close]

I don't know, I think thats possible with any new board. I did the same thing to a brand new FA Sid and Nancy board on flat ground first time I rode it. As far as PS Stix, I don't find they feel soggy though, more like springy. I love them when they don't fall apart.
[close]

Not sure if you are insinuating that the Sid and Nancy Gino was a bbs/gen production, cuz I had the same deck and am 99% sure that was a ps stix prior to switching over to bbs shortly after.

Oh yeah my bad, may well have been.

Actually looks you are correct just found one on eBay. And at the low low price of 125$ haha

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164707538803?hash=item2659559773:g:YfYAAOSwvClgLDdy
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 10:35:01 PM by KGB »

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1055 on: June 09, 2021, 10:46:23 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CP7MAjxrT9L/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Untitled by , on Flickr
Hilarious thrasher tagged everyone except nickel in the post about the new jolly edit.

companguero

• Rep: 247
  • sesquipedalian
Honoring versacekid420 with the 1000 Reply Bronze Medal Achievement
« Reply #1056 on: June 09, 2021, 11:27:42 PM »
Can we hear a rousing 'Yub Nub' for @versacekid420 who summoned the great ewok for our folly

May I hereby formally bestow the Bronze Achievement upon you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M9K0N5Omzk

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
Re: Honoring versacekid420 with the 1000 Reply Bronze Medal Achievement
« Reply #1057 on: June 09, 2021, 11:33:23 PM »
Can we hear a rousing 'Yub Nub' for @versacekid420 who summoned the great ewok for our folly

May I hereby formally bestow the Bronze Achievement upon you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M9K0N5Omzk

Wha?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
« Reply #1058 on: June 09, 2021, 11:45:03 PM »
he gave it up that he is starting his own board brand, based around the image of being "anti-industry", being 14 with silver pants and getting someone whos old enough to buy you Boones Farm "for the pain", etc. so far its just him and the Fiddler. you heard it here first.

parents and jason dill just dont understand.

free max b
FREE MAX B

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #1059 on: June 10, 2021, 08:40:37 AM »
This is fixin to become the biggest real life skate industry example of “when keeping it real goes wrong” ever.

fs180

• Rep: -267
« Reply #1060 on: June 10, 2021, 09:02:08 AM »
Everyone lost
Nak lost
Lottiest lost
The people talking shit won

Nakel still on adidas and fa dont know what the fuck you are talking about

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #1061 on: June 10, 2021, 09:27:15 AM »
This is fixin to become the biggest real life skate industry example of “when keeping it real goes wrong” ever.

“I DONT LIKE PEOPLE PLAYIN ON MY PHONE”
 - Nakel “Brenda” Smith

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #1062 on: June 10, 2021, 09:27:35 AM »
Everyone lost
Nak lost
Lottiest lost

We still have yet to see what the future holds. If the Nak decks being screened over is true, then it’s only a matter of time before it goes all the way left. Nak is basically pulling a Jereme, adopting a boasty overinflated ego for his rap persona that doesn’t work in skateboarding; dude really thinks that ppl will follow him outside of skateboarding, he should really learn from his predecessors. Have you followed him on social media? No one gets away with race baiting Dick Rizzo, esp on Slap…

At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #1063 on: June 10, 2021, 09:38:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Everyone lost
Nak lost
Lottiest lost

[close]

We still have yet to see what the future holds. If the Nak decks being screened over is true, then it’s only a matter of time before it goes all the way left. Nak is basically pulling a Jereme, adopting a boasty overinflated ego for his rap persona that doesn’t work in skateboarding; dude really thinks that ppl will follow him outside of skateboarding, he should really learn from his predecessors. Have you followed him on social media? No one gets away with race baiting Dick Rizzo, esp on Slap…

His boards are being screened over? Who said that?

Red Eyed Swimmer

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1064 on: June 10, 2021, 09:45:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Everyone lost
Nak lost
Lottiest lost

[close]

[close]
I think Dill did during his ted talk

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #1065 on: June 10, 2021, 09:49:15 AM »
Untitled by , on Flickr
Hilarious thrasher tagged everyone except nickel in the post about the new jolly edit.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I didn't see Nak in that Insta preview clip thing. Don't have time for the full edit because I am watching the new Sabotage video for the 7th time.
IG: @flowterspace

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1066 on: June 10, 2021, 10:01:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Untitled by , on Flickr
[close]

Correct me if I am wrong, but I didn't see Nak in that Insta preview clip thing. Don't have time for the full edit because I am watching the new Sabotage video for the 7th time.
He's in the vid and everyone else who was in the vid was in the ig promo. Quite a coincidence to cut him out.

squippy

• Rep: -65
« Reply #1067 on: June 10, 2021, 10:04:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Everyone lost
Nak lost
Lottiest lost

[close]

[close]

fs180

« Reply #1068 on: June 10, 2021, 10:07:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Everyone lost
Nak lost
Lottiest lost

[close]

[close]
[close]

Link?

Also why are you so brotherly defending dick rizzo talking like that if this was nak or eric koston youd call him childish and mentally ill.

Nakel really spazzing right now.
Could be the start of the end of fa as we know it if true. Dont think thyshawn will stay forever so will kb.

donkey

• Rep: -65
  • donk
« Reply #1069 on: June 10, 2021, 10:19:23 AM »
Damn nak seems to be stirring some shit up in the industry; it’s really hard to see that insta post as anything but throwing shade

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #1070 on: June 10, 2021, 10:23:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Everyone lost
Nak lost
Lottiest lost

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

Link?

Also why are you so brotherly defending dick rizzo talking like that if this was nak or eric koston youd call him childish and mentally ill.

Could be the start of the end of fa as we know it if true. Dont think thyshawn will stay forever so will kb.

Lol

Dill was on Ellen earlier. He said it on there.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
« Reply #1071 on: June 10, 2021, 10:27:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Everyone lost
Nak lost
Lottiest lost

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

Link?

Give your arms a rest my man, every post is just reaching as hard as you can.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

fs180

« Reply #1072 on: June 10, 2021, 10:28:28 AM »

fs180

« Reply #1073 on: June 10, 2021, 10:30:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Everyone lost
Nak lost
Lottiest lost

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

Link?

[close]

Reaching? If koston said this it would be already a 50 page long topic about what a dick he has become. But nope. Dick is allowed to be a dick because hes not POP skateboarding hes Core skateboarding  8)

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
« Reply #1074 on: June 10, 2021, 10:30:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Everyone lost
Nak lost
Lottiest lost

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

Link?

[close]

[close]

Reaching? If koston said this it would be already a 50 page long topic about what a dick he has become. But nope. Dick is allowed to be a dick because hes not POP skateboarding hes Core skateboarding  8)

Okay.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #1075 on: June 10, 2021, 10:31:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Everyone lost
Nak lost
Lottiest lost

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

Link?

[close]

Lol

Dill was on Ellen earlier. He said it on there.

Dill was also on Skate Talk Live last night and also mentioned on there that Nakel's boards are being screened over.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #1076 on: June 10, 2021, 10:33:38 AM »

Red Eyed Swimmer

« Reply #1077 on: June 10, 2021, 10:39:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Everyone lost
Nak lost
Lottiest lost

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

Link?

[close]

[close]

when kockston drops a NYC part without flipping his board we'll talk

Red Eyed Swimmer

« Reply #1078 on: June 10, 2021, 10:43:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Untitled by , on Flickr
[close]

he does a noice back 5 and back nose grind down the hubba but then the next two guys proceed to flip into their tricks so lightweight confirmed :-X

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #1079 on: June 10, 2021, 10:44:32 AM »

@RichardBarkley if this isn't your sig by end of day, you're fucking up
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.