Author Topic: Pasadena, CA  (Read 751 times)

in love w/ fs shuvs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
Pasadena, CA
« on: May 24, 2021, 12:41:14 PM »
Just moved to Pasadena i think about 2 weeks ago. The parks look like they're all in Old Town but I'm trynna find something closer to Halstead, Rosemead, Sierra Madre, etc. Where are the local go-to spots? S H A L O M.

arthurspooner

• Rep: 9
Re: Pasadena, CA
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 06:24:35 PM »
Check out Monrovia. That skatepark is real whacky and a lot of fun. Baldwin Park is also quite cool, but a little farther south than you're asking though.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 04:17:01 PM »
I live in a different section of town but this may help anyway:
  • DIY on the bike path near south Pasadena skatepark
  • curbs at all saints church near the police station and library
  • lots of ledges and stairs around cal tech but sort of a medium bust
  • knee high ledges at filmore st train station
  • weird ledge curb thing at goodwill parking lot on fair oaks
  • really nice banks at Los robles and Colorado, sadly they’ve been knobbed but a few cutty trucks are still possible
If you’re willing to skate some “interesting” (ie weird and sorta crappy) spots you will find a lot just pushing around the playhouse/civic center district

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2021, 12:18:42 PM »
theres no skate park in old town. Theres  no park in pasadena. However, south pasadena park is fun. Also if you've seen clips of those curved ledges on IG, schmatty back tailed the whole thing, and ant travis front krooked -  those are at Blair high school.

Youre not to far from Rosemead skatepark. Thats one of the best parks imo.

Enjoy, Pasadena. I lived there for two years until last month. Best city.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2021, 06:02:52 PM »
everytime i've gone to rosemead its been closed. i went last friday and they must have locked that shit like at 8 or something. Some groms told me to go to gibson mariposa but there was just some kids on scooters and it woulda been cramped af. i like my job but damn, pasadena blows for skating so far...

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
  • the moon rules
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2021, 06:07:45 PM »
There’s some knee high ledges at Villa Parke Community Center. It seems like an older spot that was probably pretty popular at one point. Ledges aren’t super chunked out, but they’re a little rounded
The parking lot between McDonald’s and Coffee Bean on Fair Oaks has a bank to wall/ledge that’s been pretty popular lately. It’s harder to skate than it looks
fuck you bama

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2021, 06:13:59 PM »
There’s some knee high ledges at Villa Parke Community Center. It seems like an older spot that was probably pretty popular at one point. Ledges aren’t super chunked out, but they’re a little rounded
The parking lot between McDonald’s and Coffee Bean on Fair Oaks has a bank to wall/ledge that’s been pretty popular lately. It’s harder to skate than it looks

damn thats kinda far, i live around colorado and sierra madre blvd. are there any spots that are accessible by using the metro?

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
  • the moon rules
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2021, 07:05:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

damn thats kinda far, i live around colorado and sierra madre blvd. are there any spots that are accessible by using the metro?
Im not too sure. I live in Echo Park. The Target on Sierra Madre has slappy curbs underground. They were bust free during the lockdown, but not sure what it’s like now that the world has opened back up
fuck you bama

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2021, 08:11:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Im not too sure. I live in Echo Park. The Target on Sierra Madre has slappy curbs underground. They were bust free during the lockdown, but not sure what it’s like now that the world has opened back up

gotcha, thanks for the heads up