Author Topic: Deck collection thinning  (Read 1723 times)

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
Deck collection thinning
« on: June 02, 2021, 02:04:23 AM »
Hey Pals,

Sorry for the long post of photos. Selling 20 or so reissues, tributes, and such from my collection to go towards debts accumulated during my gap in employment during COVID. Damn adulthood. PM me if you are interested in a deck.

All but one are new in shrink or the plastic bag they came in. I wanted to offer them up here at some reasonable prices here before getting pilfered by eBay fees!

All prices are shipped in the USA. First come via PM, first served. Payment through PayPal only.

For any purchases out of the US, just let me know and I'll calculate what real shipping cost would be!

Dear Skating "Icons" $150
Hand Screened tribute to Jason Lee's American Icons deck
8.5x32, 14.125wb

FA AVE Terminator deck $100
Used. The excess epoxy that moodged out started chipping away while I was riding it so I colored the paint chips in with Sharpie.
8.5x31.875, 14.25wb

New Deal Siamese Slick $75
Reissue.
9.375x31.8, 14wb

DOA Grandmaster $65
Flaaaaat concave. Flatline. Dead on Arrival. I see what they are doing with their flat concaves...
8.5x32, 14.5 wb

Freedome Templeton Guest board $155
2020. Hand screened limited release.
8.5x32.125, 14.25wb

Otherness Marc Johnson Slick $110
2017. Limited Black Sheep Skateshop x Marc Johnson/Otherness collab slick deck. Based off of the Real costume slick series from '91, particularly the Rob Sluggo Boyce Viking deck. They actually got Sluggo to send them an OG deck to get the shape right.
9x32, 14wb

Paisley Jeff Tremaine Slick $180
2016. Art by Jeff Tremaine for the Art Fags of Big Brother series. Signed.
8.75x32.5, 14.375wb

Paisley Morrissey Slick $225
2017. Collage art by Dave Carnie. Signed. Includes Carnie's Morrissey Zine.
8.675x32.25, 14.375wb

Strangelove "What If..." Jed Walters $250
Screened. Signed by Marc McKee. If you know you know.

Pocket Pistols "The Ron Chatman Experience" $110
2016. Screened modern shape reissue of Chatman's Hendrix rip.
8.8x32, 14.75wb

Blockhead 30 Year Rick Howard Reissue Modern Shape $95
2015. Modern shape reissue of Howard's rookie pro model from Blockhead
9.125x32, 14.75wb

Black Label Jason Adams Cadillac Punkpoint
SOLD

2014 Pocket Pistols "Dedicated to David Bowie" $125
Screenprint, 2014. From PPS's first round of Pedro Barros Bowie/Jason Lee rip.
9x32.25, 14.875wb

2015 Pocket Pistol "Dedicated to David Bowie" $135
Screenprint, 2015. From PPS's second round of Pedro Barros Bowie/Jason Lee rip, put out as a tribute after Bowie's death with a special top graphic.
8.625x31.75, 14.25wb

19sk80s Bowie "Dedicated to Jason Lee" $170
Screenprint, 2014ish. Haven't seen these pop up much. It's a tribute to Jason Lee, inserted into his own classic tribute to Bowie
9x32, 14.75wb

Lifeblood Tom "Wally" Inouye $150
Tribute to his classic Caster deck. #124/200, signed
8.75x32.25, 16wb

Frankie Hill Eastwood $120
Reissue from Frankie's own Hill Skateboards
9.5x31.625, 15wb

Welcome Chris Miller Animal Kingdom $120
Reissue of his old Planet Earth graphic
9.625x32.125, double drilled 14.5 or 15wb

Fixer "Pig Tank" $65
9.8x32.5, 14.625wb

« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 05:54:51 PM by stets »
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
Re: Deck collection thinning
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 02:24:08 AM »
pm'd!
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

Grant Patronik

• Rep: 16
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 09:28:25 AM »
pm’d

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2021, 04:57:11 AM »
Some rad boards.

I know it might sound trivial, but I would be stoked to see the pics of that Jason Adams deck.

Yes I know it sold too, but collecting pics of decks is a lot cheaper than collecting the physical product.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2021, 05:22:01 AM »
It would be damn near impossible for me not to skate some of these. Primarily the Bowie/Lee, the SoCal blank, the Sean Sheffey, the strangelove Jed Walters (the fact it’s by mark McKee is so sick btw!), and the Ron Chatman experience. I would love to take them all if I had the money. Beautiful collection, my dude!
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2021, 09:19:55 AM »
I really wanted to buy one of those Jed Walters boards to skate but I couldn't do it.
Was going to buy waist 42 Dickies and cut them off... get some Adidas and pressure flip to my heart's delight.
Sorry, 1992 is my favorite.

I learned that trying to re-live an era does not work. I can't recapture 1992 because I was a care free 16 year old.
Skating at 45 is hard to be care free... I'll be setting up for a trick and start wondering if I paid this bill or that bill. Very care-ful

stets

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2021, 10:13:07 AM »
Some rad boards.

I know it might sound trivial, but I would be stoked to see the pics of that Jason Adams deck.

Yes I know it sold too, but collecting pics of decks is a lot cheaper than collecting the physical product.

@Mbrimson88

Not trivial at all! I've got a cache of images of boards for a virtual collection on my harddrive as well.

Sorry for deleting it, was just tryna make the initial post cleaner after things sold. This board came out like right after Label Kills. My older brother had it in this exact color, but kinda warped. He set it up as his first "cruiser" setup. Found it deadstock on Pennswood's website a few years back when they were doing a warehouse random sale.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 10:43:13 AM by stets »

stets

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2021, 10:20:16 AM »
It would be damn near impossible for me not to skate some of these. Primarily the Bowie/Lee, the SoCal blank, the Sean Sheffey, the strangelove Jed Walters (the fact it’s by mark McKee is so sick btw!), and the Ron Chatman experience. I would love to take them all if I had the money. Beautiful collection, my dude!

Yeah! That's been the struggle. When a lot of these were on the wall it was hard to not take them down and skate them for sure. But I can't financially justify skating/keeping boards with high value at this point.

I'll probably end up skating the blank at least, no interest from anyone here and I doubt it has too much value on eBay.

I really wanted to buy one of those Jed Walters boards to skate but I couldn't do it.
Was going to buy waist 42 Dickies and cut them off... get some Adidas and pressure flip to my heart's delight.
Sorry, 1992 is my favorite.

I learned that trying to re-live an era does not work. I can't recapture 1992 because I was a care free 16 year old.
Skating at 45 is hard to be care free... I'll be setting up for a trick and start wondering if I paid this bill or that bill. Very care-ful

Dude when I first bought it I was thinking the same thing. Love the shape, graphic, story. That era was about 7 years before I started, but I'm a nerd and wanted to do an era-correct complete for fun. Couldn't bring myself to set up such a rare deck unfortunately. Good point, impossible to totally recapture our youth now that the context of life has changed... still fun to look back on though!

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2021, 11:20:16 AM »
I have one egg/ football board with small wheels and I will go out occasionally and slaughter some curbs. It kind of depresses me, because I can't recapture what I wanted out of it. That graphic is perfect for that era also. If I wasn't doing 4 projects on my house at the same time, I would totally buy that lol

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2021, 02:16:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Some rad boards.

[close]

@Mbrimson88

Not trivial at all! I've got a cache of images of boards for a virtual collection on my harddrive as well.

Sorry for deleting it, was just tryna make the initial post cleaner after things sold. This board came out like right after Label Kills. My older brother had it in this exact color, but kinda warped. He set it up as his first "cruiser" setup. Found it deadstock on Pennswood's website a few years back when they were doing a warehouse random sale.

Ha yeah so good!

Don't be sorry - gotta clean up the posts and totally agree with that methodology.

I remember being a bit of a Label nut, but we couldn't get many punk points, so often used to shape noses into points like the one Adams board I did have in that era.  Funny cause I have taken more points down to rounder noses more often than not in the last decade as others are not so keen on a big pointy nose of some boards I have had to sell.

All the weird and wonderful Adams shapes that came out were pretty special and I still have a few too, more used than new though.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Trashcon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2021, 02:42:39 PM »
You're the only other person I've seen who owns that Tribute to Jason Lee board on here.

Fifty8mm

• Rep: 124
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2021, 10:36:52 PM »
I would get that strange love if i was selling my own stuff for carparts  :'(

Good luck with the sale dude.

stets

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2021, 02:12:38 PM »
You're the only other person I've seen who owns that Tribute to Jason Lee board on here.

The 19sk80's one? Pretty random one huh? I didn't know of anyone else, rad to hear you have one. I might have to just keep it, I would definitely be bummed to part with it.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2021, 07:41:59 PM »
mad collection

stets

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2021, 12:09:20 AM »
mad collection

I would get that strange love if i was selling my own stuff for carparts  :'(

Good luck with the sale dude.

Thanks fellas! After I sell these off I'll have to post the boards I absolutely can't part with, currently a few on the wall and a few in a stack.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2021, 04:34:28 PM »
PM'd
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2021, 12:28:09 PM »
Would you send any of these to Australia? If so please let me know
listen to cosmic psychos

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2021, 10:42:09 PM »
I wish i had 100 bucks laying around for thay terminator board.
I already own one but its a production sample to check out how the hologram works before production, its pretty rough and the bottom ply is orange instead of the beautyful black background on the finished product, and yeah the hologram is warping even tho its hangin on the wall.
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>