Author Topic: FS big spin help  (Read 690 times)

Esmith5488

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
FS big spin help
« on: June 02, 2021, 09:16:32 AM »
Anyone have any tips, I can get them around 360 but I’m pushing them a little to far out or my front foot gets in the way. What are some things I should be doing in general for these

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
Re: FS big spin help
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 10:17:36 AM »
More weight over your front foot when setting up might help if its going too far ahead of you. If front foot gets in the way just jump higher or lift it up more I guess

jimgrude

• Rep: 66
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 12:23:47 AM »
Put your back foot really angled in the heelside pocket of your tail. It's all scoop, or kick, if you will. However, you rally need to push it into the ground as well. You wind up with your shoulders just like a frontside 180, but when you pop, bash the tail down, then kick that tail hella far in front of you like there's a spider on your foot. Your front foot should already be behind you so that it doesn't get in the way. The quicker and more aggressively you do it, the better it works. I can sometimes get them good enough that I'm catching the board fully rotated at hip-height.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2021, 01:26:32 AM »
Put your back foot really angled in the heelside pocket of your tail. It's all scoop, or kick, if you will. However, you rally need to push it into the ground as well. You wind up with your shoulders just like a frontside 180, but when you pop, bash the tail down, then kick that tail hella far in front of you like there's a spider on your foot. Your front foot should already be behind you so that it doesn't get in the way. The quicker and more aggressively you do it, the better it works. I can sometimes get them good enough that I'm catching the board fully rotated at hip-height.

This
listen to cosmic psychos

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2021, 01:44:41 AM »

I'd add that you probably want the tail to get a clean snap off the ground on top of the scoop, and make sure your trucks aren't leaning too far to the heel side, preferably flat trucks or slightly leaning toe side or you won't get the right tension. But yeah you want it to feel really quick and zippy if that makes sense.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2021, 04:10:54 AM »
I try to do a fs heelflip without flicking my ankle. The front foot helps guide it around.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2021, 04:27:06 AM »
Ah dude, thanks. About where do you put your front foot when popping? I’ve been trying both high and low on front foot placement and can’t decide which is working better for me

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2021, 05:56:47 AM »
Pushing the tail into the ground is a great way of putting it, you want it to smack it hard and use the rebound for the pop and then a mental image I think works well for this trick is it feels like a soccer pass from the back foot to the front foot, just with the board and then you catch it and finish the turn. Personally I know I like my front foot covering the front bolts, toes slightly hanging off and in a position that makes it ready to catch the board at the peak of the jump first and foremost. But the pop itself is all in that back foot boost and getting the full rotation all in completing the full 180 with your shoulders. You can also use your hips during the first half of the trick to help push and guide the board around so that it flies straight towards your front foot if that makes sense. Weight distribution, pre pop feels like you're leaning back a bit as you wind up and then you shift your balance over your front foot throughout the trick. You can also try them with a scrape instead of a pop (ollie impossible style) to get vertical ones that wrap around the back foot if that's your thing (basic principle is the same, you're just guiding the board around slightly differently).

jimgrude

• Rep: 66
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2021, 09:26:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Ah dude, thanks. About where do you put your front foot when popping? I’ve been trying both high and low on front foot placement and can’t decide which is working better for me
I put my front foot in a sort of frontside heelflip position, on or right behind the front bolts. It's just kind of a general rule of thumb to compensate for putting your other foot in the pocket, but it probably doesn't really affect the trick much.

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Rep: 58
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2021, 10:31:03 PM »
Learning em off a bump or to the side of a pyramid helped me out a bit...