Author Topic: Ever Get Damaged Shit?  (Read 1224 times)

TheCrimsonShroud

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 98
Ever Get Damaged Shit?
« on: May 24, 2021, 11:11:54 AM »
If so, what did you do about it. Just got my first Polar and kinda bummed.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
Re: Ever Get Damaged Shit?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 11:24:32 AM »
Where did you buy it from?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2021, 11:26:01 AM »
Skate Warehouse. I sent an email but I’m not gonna raise a stink over something I’m gonna ride. Just more the principal.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1067
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2021, 11:52:59 AM »
It’s bound to happen, shipping some across the country, the post office, fedex and ups aren’t kind to boxes. Looks like they did add some additional padding. It happens, doesn’t t look too bad.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 12:05:14 PM »
Happens all the time, one shop I ordered from didn't even use a box that would fit a skateboard; instead, they just taped the mini-logo griptape box to the deck itself and shipped it that way.

Another shop I ordered from put the deck in the box with the graphic facing the griptape so that when it arrived it was scratched all over.

Skatewarehouse is pretty good with shipping and returns - at least they bubble wrapped the wheelbase.

twic3

• Rep: 16
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2021, 12:07:20 PM »
I've had it happen when they package the grip tape up against the graphic side and not on top of the deck. Your email will only help them be more diligent about it so it wont happen to anyone else.

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2021, 12:15:48 PM »
Happens all the time, one shop I ordered from didn't even use a box that would fit a skateboard; instead, they just taped the mini-logo griptape box to the deck itself and shipped it that way.

Another shop I ordered from put the deck in the box with the graphic facing the griptape so that when it arrived it was scratched all over.

Skatewarehouse is pretty good with shipping and returns - at least they bubble wrapped the wheelbase.

That’s exactly what happened here. The grip was facing the graphic and they jammed the bag with the hardware/trucks on the topside of the deck.

I’m not gonna return it or anything. I’m not even mad. But I know if I sent a return back like that I’d probably catch some grief.

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2021, 12:19:16 PM »
Like people said before - anything and everything has the potential to get damaged in the mail.  I’m sure skatewarehouse will give you a discount or send you a return label to ship it back.
 Do a few noseslides and you’ll forget all about it.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2021, 12:22:26 PM »
Yeah I got my red Muska board in and it looked like Kerry Getz was hitting a trash can with it. Bummer. Then my buddy got his blue on in and it had a slight indent in the wood in the baseplate area and they sent him another fkin deck for free!! He was going to skate it anyways and did!  >:(

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2021, 02:04:57 PM »
Well, they gave me a $10 credit, so that’s fine by me.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 991
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2021, 02:55:18 PM »
All the time... I send an email to let them know, all have followed up offering returns, some eveN credit.

If it's a wall hanger get them to replace it. Otherwise, skate it but still let them know.

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2021, 03:31:00 PM »
All the time... I send an email to let them know, all have followed up offering returns, some eveN credit.

If it's a wall hanger get them to replace it. Otherwise, skate it but still let them know.

If I was gonna hang it I’d for sure replace it. They even offered. As it stands I’m terrible at collecting shit and not using it, so I’m breaking it in tonight.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2021, 06:47:35 PM »
When I was in college a friend came to visit and previously had trouble flying with his board so he mailed the thing ahead just taping a priority mail label to a complete, no box bag or nothin. It miraculously made it safe and sound.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2021, 07:00:05 PM »
I e had so many pairs of brand new fucked up trucks.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 537
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2021, 08:34:26 PM »
I wouldn’t call it damaged, but I got the photo model from a site that was sans plastic wrap and chipped a little from handling, it’s no big deal for something destined to be destroyed

skateandphotos

• Rep: 11
  • I just wanna ollie everyting
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2021, 05:18:34 AM »
A few years ago I got a foundation board at a zumiez I know I hate zumiez but it was the kotr graphic so I thought why not. went to grip it maybe a week later and noticed it was delaming in three or four different places i could fit a quarter in-between each ply it was crazy. 

skateandphotos

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2021, 05:21:50 AM »
A few years ago I got a foundation board at a zumiez I know I hate zumiez but it was the kotr graphic so I thought why not. went to grip it maybe a week later and noticed it was delaming in three or four different places i could fit a quarter in-between each ply it was crazy.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2021, 06:13:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dafuq
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

skateandphotos

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2021, 08:20:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Dafuq
so glad I took pictures

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2021, 10:16:51 AM »
Regarding to this topic, I remember that recently I ordered a set of Indy's and one sheet of Mob.
For whatever reason whoever out together the package thought it was a good idea to wrap the trucks with the griptape.
Shit looked like a swiss cheese when it arrived.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 542
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2021, 11:14:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Dafuq
[close]
so glad I took pictures

Did you hit up Foundation/Tum Yeto about replacing that shit?

skateandphotos

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2021, 03:18:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
no I just returned it and got a krooked
Dafuq
[close]
so glad I took pictures
[close]

Did you hit up Foundation/Tum Yeto about replacing that shit?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 991
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2021, 04:22:19 PM »
Regarding to this topic, I remember that recently I ordered a set of Indy's and one sheet of Mob.
For whatever reason whoever out together the package thought it was a good idea to wrap the trucks with the griptape.

What shop? So I know never to order from them :P

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2021, 04:54:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What shop? So I know never to order from them :P
Is down here in Chile, some crap place called Wallride.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2021, 05:19:44 PM »
I ordered a deathwish board from skate warehouse that showed up with the graphic printed upside down (it was a vertical graphic). Not that big of a deal, I was just going to skate it, but I messaged deathwish, just to let them know in case it was a whole batch of boards that got misprinted. They wound up sending me a replacement with it printed properly. Super cool of them. They didn’t need to do that. There was nothing functionally wrong with the board. Those Baker/Deathwish folks are sweethearts. Just wish they’d make the Foy shape a regular production size, the B16 is pretty close though.

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2021, 05:21:25 PM »
Forgot I got some grizzly grip one time that peeled off by hand like an hour after applying it. I should have known better than to buy grizzly. Never made that mistake again.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 850
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2021, 07:17:49 PM »

Skatewarehouse is pretty awesome in terms of customer service. The dudes there actually skate and do care, I know I've told this story here before but I called after hours one time and someone picked up the phone as they were leaving for the day and then stayed behind for like 20 minutes to go out into the warehouse and unpack my order and then repack it with the stain I wanted on a Toy Machine hell monster (yellow or blue), then while we were on the phone and I was putting in my payment details he was able to have a very detailed conversation (specific tricks, lines etc) about Welcome to Hell and some other old Toy Machine videos. He was super cool about the whole thing so I wrote an email to his supervisor, hope he got an afternoon off or something for it.

Everyone knows DLX is awesome too but one that I always like to bring up is Blood Wizard. They sent me the wrong size deck (8.5 instead of 8.25) and when I hit them up asking if I could return it they were like "nah thats our bad, there's another board on the way" and literally the next day it showed up. Not sure if they overnighted it or what but it was probably the fastest shipping I've ever had from Cali. I ended up really liking the 8.5 too.

Most places will make it right if they fuck up, even if it isn't necessarily their fault. If I'm just going to skate it I usually won't complain unless its from zumiez. Zumiez fucking blows but they fuck up so often they'll usually just replace shit without asking too many questions. The one exception was when they were supposed to send me a replacement sheet of m80 (they sent regular mob...twice) and instead I got home and found a huge box containing an 8.25 baker complete (one of the prebuilt dwindle ones). The invoice was in the box and I looked up the name and it was some kid in south carolina so I returned it. They didn't even send a label or anything, they just had the UPS man grab it from the mailroom the next day. I always wonder if that kid got home all excited expecting his brand new complete and got a package with a single sheet of grip instead.

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2021, 12:18:06 PM »

Skatewarehouse is pretty awesome in terms of customer service. The dudes there actually skate and do care, I know I've told this story here before but I called after hours one time and someone picked up the phone as they were leaving for the day and then stayed behind for like 20 minutes to go out into the warehouse and unpack my order and then repack it with the stain I wanted on a Toy Machine hell monster (yellow or blue), then while we were on the phone and I was putting in my payment details he was able to have a very detailed conversation (specific tricks, lines etc) about Welcome to Hell and some other old Toy Machine videos. He was super cool about the whole thing so I wrote an email to his supervisor, hope he got an afternoon off or something for it.

Everyone knows DLX is awesome too but one that I always like to bring up is Blood Wizard. They sent me the wrong size deck (8.5 instead of 8.25) and when I hit them up asking if I could return it they were like "nah thats our bad, there's another board on the way" and literally the next day it showed up. Not sure if they overnighted it or what but it was probably the fastest shipping I've ever had from Cali. I ended up really liking the 8.5 too.

Most places will make it right if they fuck up, even if it isn't necessarily their fault. If I'm just going to skate it I usually won't complain unless its from zumiez. Zumiez fucking blows but they fuck up so often they'll usually just replace shit without asking too many questions. The one exception was when they were supposed to send me a replacement sheet of m80 (they sent regular mob...twice) and instead I got home and found a huge box containing an 8.25 baker complete (one of the prebuilt dwindle ones). The invoice was in the box and I looked up the name and it was some kid in south carolina so I returned it. They didn't even send a label or anything, they just had the UPS man grab it from the mailroom the next day. I always wonder if that kid got home all excited expecting his brand new complete and got a package with a single sheet of grip instead.

SWH gave me a credit, which they definitely didn’t have to. I spent it on trucks LOL. But I’ve talked to one dude on the phone and Tim via email and they’re both super chill. Personable, actual skaters, etc. Had a short convo about how stoked people are on Polar decks these days.

That kid was probably livid. Fuckin Z*miez

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1070
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2021, 01:27:22 PM »
I once got grip that was folded and creased. No other horror stories

Jimmy Two Tits

• Rep: 1
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2021, 07:48:32 PM »
I once got grip that was folded and creased. No other horror stories

Why do people think this is ok? I've surprisingly had this happen multiple time's. I once received a sheet that was folded up 4 times. Ridiculous...
Everything's fluid to you goddamn kids but the blood of christ