Author Topic: Ditch the wellness outreach sticky  (Read 963 times)

Wheelbyte

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -34
Ditch the wellness outreach sticky
« on: June 03, 2021, 11:14:30 AM »
This thing is fucked up
may as well have a thread for DIY heart transplants

facilitated peer groups IRL are fine
but not in a forum
of skaters

blind leading the fucking blind

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
Re: Ditch the wellness outreach sticky
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 11:23:57 AM »
You should focus.

Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Wheelbyte

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 12:03:07 PM »
you should think about it

Wheelbyte

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2021, 12:19:31 PM »
its obvious you dont care about others well being
and get off on being abusive
I hope one day you learn
how to be a decent human being
Shalom

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2021, 01:32:23 PM »
This thing is fucked up
may as well have a thread for DIY heart transplants

facilitated peer groups IRL are fine
but not in a forum
of skaters

blind leading the fucking blind

Your opinion is valid, but please try not to generalize and don’t insult.
It’s an outreach thread, simply use it or don’t. I do not believe anyone is substituting it for proper professional treatment. I know you have your own history with ASD, so perhaps you could maybe give a peer account on some of your experiences. Or don’t.

Can we get a thread on the DIY heart transplants anyway?

Grind King Rims

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2021, 01:41:28 PM »
OP is coming from a good place, just not in the best way. Personally I find counselling/therapy really awful, but I know that a thread on a skateboarding forum is no substitution, and I would hope that everyone in that thread would know that too. It's just nice to be able to be honest about personal stuff in a pseudo community sometimes. It's like a journal that talks back.

Wheelbyte

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2021, 02:13:18 PM »
well my rep has just dived and I'm not enjoying the company anyway
so hasta la vista

nico_suave

• Rep: 15
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2021, 04:58:19 PM »
OP is coming from a good place, just not in the best way. Personally I find counselling/therapy really awful, but I know that a thread on a skateboarding forum is no substitution, and I would hope that everyone in that thread would know that too. It's just nice to be able to be honest about personal stuff in a pseudo community sometimes. It's like a journal that talks back.

I agree with this, of course its not a substitution, but this is a place where we don't need some disclaimer about to seek professional help, this is a skateboarding forum, etc..

Nobody is going to need emergency medical care and pause to see what a topic on SLAP said.

That thread saved my life honestly, I was in such a dark place and I had nowhere to really go or anyone to speak candidly about it. Its funny, but a post on that particular SLAP thread helped me the most out of anything else going on at the time, also the time people took to read it and hear me made such an impact on me, complete strangers with no judgement. I am forever grateful for that, and thank you all who took the time to share. Thank you I am in a much better place now, and I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for that thread, or on my path of improving myself, so fuck you. The least helpful thing would have been some bellend telling me that I won't be truly helped because we are only skateboarders, somehow incapable of actually being helpful or even have insight on mental health and wellness.

Looking forward to seeing the big red banned logo next to your name, hopefully it happens before you take your red ball so nobody else can enjoy themselves and go home to your place of privilege with real gooder mental health treatment.

What a fucking boner...

mushroom slice

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2021, 06:49:20 PM »
The whole banning people thing on here is actually pretty fucking lame and also pretty new. It’s ok to have different opinions.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2021, 11:01:31 PM »
The whole banning people thing on here is actually pretty fucking lame and also pretty new. It’s ok to have different opinions.
throwing around racial and sexist slurs is not exactly "having different opinions". times change - and that's good.

mushroom slice

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2021, 11:29:01 PM »
Where did the original poster say anything racial or sexist?

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2021, 11:45:43 PM »
i don‘t see the original poster being banned. do you? i was referring to the general point you raised by making a general point. that‘s that.

mushroom slice

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2021, 05:28:02 AM »
i don‘t see the original poster being banned. do you? i was referring to the general point you raised by making a general point. that‘s that.
Expand Quote
[close]

I agree with this, of course its not a substitution, but this is a place where we don't need some disclaimer about to seek professional help, this is a skateboarding forum, etc..

Nobody is going to need emergency medical care and pause to see what a topic on SLAP said.

That thread saved my life honestly, I was in such a dark place and I had nowhere to really go or anyone to speak candidly about it. Its funny, but a post on that particular SLAP thread helped me the most out of anything else going on at the time, also the time people took to read it and hear me made such an impact on me, complete strangers with no judgement. I am forever grateful for that, and thank you all who took the time to share. Thank you I am in a much better place now, and I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for that thread, or on my path of improving myself, so fuck you. The least helpful thing would have been some bellend telling me that I won't be truly helped because we are only skateboarders, somehow incapable of actually being helpful or even have insight on mental health and wellness.

Looking forward to seeing the big red banned logo next to your name, hopefully it happens before you take your red ball so nobody else can enjoy themselves and go home to your place of privilege with real gooder mental health treatment.

What a fucking boner...

Here I made it bold for you.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2552
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2021, 06:19:24 AM »
So...who was banned for having a different opinion (that wasn't sexist, racist, misogynist, etc., or spreading conspiracy theories)? Looking through the ban log and can't see anyone banned for much else, except ban evasions and spam accounts. I'm not sure to which of these reasons you object.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

mushroom slice

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2021, 06:29:21 AM »
How am I suppose to know who was banned for what? I have no access to your ban logs. In this particular thread nico_suave said they can’t wait to see the original poster banned. I replied to that. I stand by my statement. It’s lame to ban people if their opinion is different then yours. In this thread that is what I see.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2021, 06:43:52 AM »
How is that what you see? Nico doesn't have the power to ban anyone and the OP hasn't been banned.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

mushroom slice

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2021, 07:01:48 AM »
I understand that Nico dosnt have the power to ban but their statement was they couldn’t wait to see the original poster banned. I replied to that. Look above. As far as I can see there is no racial or sexist stuff in this thread so bringing that up here makes zero sense. I’ve seen some pretty shitty things said to people on slap but the original post in this thread isn’t one of them.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2552
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2021, 07:18:34 AM »
Like I said, people don't get banned for stuff like this. You can relax. Have a peaceful weekend.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud