Author Topic: Beef Jerky Renegades  (Read 1024 times)

layzieyez

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Beef Jerky Renegades
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2021, 08:16:29 AM »
Just bought the ninja!

Has anyone experimented with the shelf time of their jerky when it is stored at room temp vs. when it is stored refrigerated or in the freezer?
I had to look it up before I got down to making a huge stockpile of meats. I feel like this blog covered it pretty well, but I'd like someone who has done it to comment specifically on mouthfeel.

https://www.canyoufreezethis.com/can-you-freeze-jerky/

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2021, 09:15:45 AM »
Just bought the ninja!

Has anyone experimented with the shelf time of their jerky when it is stored at room temp vs. when it is stored refrigerated or in the freezer?

Nice, let me know how you like it!

I haven't tried freezing yet but I've put some in the fridge for a couple weeks and had some just out on the counter and I haven't found much in differences in mouth feel at all but also it doesn't last too long in my house either so not sure what the overall shelf life really is yet.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2021, 04:53:05 AM »
shit yeah, jerky rules. yet to find a vegan jerky that isn't mush, and most commercial jerky is shit as they use refridgerated compression dehydrators and shitloads of sugar.

Dont fuck around, get an excalibur dehydrator.  Even drying, decent cleaning, reliable as shit.  I ran 10 of them when i started my biz and upgraded to a 2 zone commercial one.  I've since had to go bigger, but still use the classic heat & air dehydrator as it makes for a way better jerky.