Author Topic: All The Streets Are Silent  (Read 3975 times)

OldieButFrenchie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 105
Re: All The Streets Are Silent
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2021, 12:29:32 AM »
Finally, New Yorkers get to talk about themselves!

so I did get to see it and I have to say the sentence above sums it up nicely hahaha.... It did seem a bit aimless and could have benefited from some editing to make it shorter and more to the point IMO.
But I still enjoyed it though and I can't blame New Yorkers for being self-congratulatory really, considering the impact hip hop has had worldwide. I mean, can you guys imagine what your lives would have been like without rap and graffiti? I can't. Crazy to think it all came from this one place before disseminating worldwide.
over here in France people from Marseille are kinda like New Yorkers with that insane hometown pride, except there's no real reason for it. New York's cultural impact is just indeniable, while outside the US noone gives a fuck about Boston or Philly really. (sorry Ricky O)

BALAKOV

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 17
Re: All The Streets Are Silent
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2021, 03:03:40 AM »
I quite liked it, but I don't think it lived up to the really high expectations I had going into it.

Anyone seen Dash Snow's doc 'Moments Like This Never Last'? another one that I'm really looking forward to.