Author Topic: Where my leftists at?  (Read 4158 times)

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
Where my leftists at?
« on: June 09, 2021, 08:15:20 AM »
Figured we could make a thread to talk about our tendencies, beliefs, current events, movements we support, events in our areas, and direct action.

Iíll kick it off.. Iím an anarcho-syndicalist, and have been for the the last 15 years. Iím a proud IWW member and have been working to organize the drivers and yardhands in my shop, and have gotten a few of the folks I work with to join the union.

Solidarity, yíall.
There is already an app for skaters. Itís called Grindr

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 773
Re: Where my leftists at?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 08:27:46 AM »
cliff notes for the unemployed class please
dont shalom me if you don't know me.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -696
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 09:05:23 AM »
Been voting red most of my life.. having said that, online lefties are the biggest idiots on the planet.

Being born in Soviet Union I fucking cringe every time some American idiot says LM or some other dumb trendy shit.

DaleSr

• Rep: 157
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 09:31:35 AM »
I think it's pretty obvious from the shit i post on here that I'm fairly left wing. Don't really have a fixed group I'm into, haven't read much theory, but i do own and have read my 100 year old copy of Kapital and I'm working my way through What is To Be Done by Lenin. But yeah freelance, you got a comrade in me
Sinner really is making the US look like some sort of bandana republic.

Damn your girl got you kreper kingpins? She's a kreper

Tail Devil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 09:59:13 AM »
If by leftist you mean a non-union office worker who listens to Brooklyn-based podcasts then solidarity y'all.

DaleSr

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2021, 10:00:20 AM »
If by leftist you mean a non-union office worker who listens to Brooklyn-based podcasts then solidarity y'all.

All i wanna be is el chapo

Tail Devil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2021, 10:03:04 AM »

Tail Devil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2021, 10:04:40 AM »
I'm sorry for derailing your thread guys, I promise I'll be good.

DaleSr

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2021, 10:15:32 AM »
I'm sorry for derailing your thread guys, I promise I'll be good.

Nah you're good, shitposting is better than people screaming at each other about whether selling a newspaper will jump start the revolution or whatever insane shit trots believe

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
  • formally the_unknown_soldier
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2021, 10:17:48 AM »
I've identified with left wing politics since I was a teenager and have shifted further to the left if anything.

In my high school government class we took a political alignment test and I was one of like 3 other students who didn't lean right. (and even those two were just in the center of that particular test.) I recall that moment resonating with me for future class discussions about political events.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2021, 10:25:18 AM »
@Grind King Rims you know youíre welcome wherever I post.

@DaleSr first of all, thank you for shitting on trots. Secondly, for most people kapital is like required hahah but if you want something thatís substantially easier to read then anything Lenin ever wrote, I recommend picking up a copy of Now and After: The ABCís of Anarchist Communism by Alexander Berkman. Fantastic read as a primer into anarchism and left communism, but written in plain English, not revolutionary jargon.

Hereís a link for ya

http://theanarchistlibrary.org/library/alexander-berkman-what-is-communist-anarchism

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
    • My Wife
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2021, 10:26:27 AM »
Been voting red most of my life.. having said that, online lefties are the biggest idiots on the planet.

Being born in Soviet Union I fucking cringe every time some American idiot says LM or some other dumb trendy shit.

If you've been voting red most of your life, isn't it unsurprising that you would not be enamored with leftists, online or otherwise? And what is "LM"? "Lives Matter"?
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2021, 10:41:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If you've been voting red most of your life, isn't it unsurprising that you would not be enamored with leftists, online or otherwise? And what is "LM"? "Lives Matter"?

Dude I was so confused by his entire post so just ignored hahah

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 773
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2021, 11:01:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

kobrakai has been posting here for years and still doesnít know that this is a skateboard forum .. he thinks its forum.bodybuilding and still uses words like fag and retard that only meat heads still use .. he thinks all americans are idiots .. heís either on drugs or done too many .. am i missing anything else kobra?
dont shalom me if you don't know me.

MorningSesh

• Rep: 29
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2021, 11:11:19 AM »
Iíve had that Alexander Berkman book sitting on my shelf unread for too long. Iíve been burnt out on even paying attention to politics lately. At the same time, I havenít done shit outside of going to a few protests last year.

3D X-Ray Vision

• Rep: 9
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2021, 11:13:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

kobrakai has been posting here for years and still doesnít know that this is a skateboard forum .. he thinks its forum.bodybuilding and still uses words like fag and retard that only meat heads still use .. he thinks all americans are idiots .. heís either on drugs or done too many .. am i missing anything else kobra?
He declined to share his grandma's recipe for Russian pierogis when I was Freight Train and I started the secret family recipe thread in Whatever.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2021, 11:20:30 AM »
I am very left wing. Glad to be here amongst like-minded ppl.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 175
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2021, 11:32:49 AM »
Iím like 85% leftist. In general I think people who share my ideology are too focused on social issues and not pragmatic long term shit.

I agree with most of the major left shit: social safety nets, regulated capitalism, universal healthcare, environmentalism, small business, abortion rights, more space funding, less military funding, police reform, prison reform, etc.

The most ďextremeĒ left view I have is that slave reparations are owed, but hundreds of years of free labor back pay would brick the economy. So I think some form of tax exemption or scholarship for people with predominant slave ancestry is fair. Itís pretty easy to link the legacy of Slavery/Jim crow to poverty in black communities, so miss me with the ďbigotry of low expectationsĒ bullshit.

The most common left thing Iím not in support of is gun control. I agree with the sentiment (and gun culture is corny) but I need to see two things first: Drastic police reform, and a well articulated plan to crack down on the firearms black market; until then itís a no for me dawg.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1997
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2021, 11:41:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

He's not American, so red signifies left wing parties, while blue is usually reserved for conservative or far right parties. America is the only country (that I know of) where these colours are flipped.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2021, 11:42:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Lenin/Marxist

I did not miss the skateboarding part. It's just that UWTB is so low IQ, I fear hanging out there. The level of IQ explains the level of politics in "Whatever", now that I think about it.

Also, the rhetoric/optics tend to be the only thing dumb lefties are interested in.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2021, 11:43:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

He's not American, so red signifies left wing parties. America is the only country (that I know of) where these colours are flipped.

Holy shit... much respect, my dude...

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 175
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2021, 11:44:42 AM »
Also AOC isnít even the most leftist politician, sheís just unusually good looking for someone who chooses to go into public service, so everyone subconsciously obsesses over her on both sides.

DaleSr

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2021, 11:51:19 AM »
Iím like 85% leftist. In general I think people who share my ideology are too focused on social issues and not pragmatic long term shit.

I agree with most of the major left shit: social safety nets, regulated capitalism, universal healthcare, environmentalism, small business, abortion rights, more space funding, less military funding, police reform, prison reform, etc.

The most ďextremeĒ left view I have is that slave reparations are owed, but hundreds of years of free labor back pay would brick the economy. So I think some form of tax exemption or scholarship for people with predominant slave ancestry is fair. Itís pretty easy to link the legacy of Slavery/Jim crow to poverty in black communities, so miss me with the ďbigotry of low expectationsĒ bullshit.

The most common left thing Iím not in support of is gun control. I agree with the sentiment (and gun culture is corny) but I need to see two things first: Drastic police reform, and a well articulated plan to crack down on the firearms black market; until then itís a no for me dawg.

I'm with you on the gun control. In my opinion, if you believe that police are violent and racist, it seems pretty foolish to want them to have a monopoly on the means to violence. Only a lib would say that police are bad but no one else should be able to own a gun

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2021, 11:51:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

He's not American, so red signifies left wing parties, while blue is usually reserved for conservative or far right parties. America is the only country (that I know of) where these colours are flipped.

I noticed that in Britain's politics, interesting it is global. Thanks, Alan.

But, yeah, I am heavily in favor of the "Black Lives Matter" movement, and don't have a lot of patience for those who fail to see its importance here in America.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2021, 11:52:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
He declined to share his grandma's recipe for Russian pierogis when I was Freight Train and I started the secret family recipe thread in Whatever.

Nu, blyat.. nash recept...ne huja, ne slova ne skazhju...

3D X-Ray Vision

• Rep: 9
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2021, 12:02:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Nu, blyat.. nash recept...ne huja, ne slova ne skazhju...
YOU SHUT YOUR FILTHY COMMIE MOUTH YA GOT DANG RUSSKY BEFORE RONNIE REAGAN HIMSELF COMES BACK FROM THE DEAD TO SCRAMBLE SOME FIGHTER JETS ON A SORTIE TO BOMB THE SHIT OUT OF THE DILAPIDATED TENEMENT BUILDING WHERE YOU LIVE. I SHIT YOU NOT, PINKO, YOU ARE ENTERING A WORLD OF PAIN TALKING THAT JIVE TO A REAL AMURRICAN

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2021, 12:19:13 PM »
I read through the key Russian anarchist philosophers and while their critiques of everyone else are solid, I find them to be too romantic in their beliefs of what society could look like post capitalism.

Bakunin is gnarly and his critiques of Marx were on point. His critiques of capitalism and power are amazing as well. But, fucking hell, his ideas led to some gnarly actions by the чёрное знамя that make for a good action movie but we're probably bad for society.

Kropotkin had a nice idealistic vision an anarcho society. But, it's too idealistic.

Eventually, having gone through a poli sci theory class at uni, I settled on Rawls as putting forward the best way to structure society and the beat rationale to support this system.

Finally, while the far right idiots are annoying/scary, I'm sometimes bummed in the far left dudes who have the right conclusion but got there in the stupidest way. It creates annoying ideological inconsistencies. I know one far left skate dude who is left only on popular topics but looks the other way when all his friends are exploited by a local "businessman." Also, he gets praised for some insanely selfish shit, which drives me bonkers.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"that guy is double parked."
"Who cares? there are people starving to death! besides, how does that affect you? does it lessen the joy of parking?

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2021, 12:34:46 PM »
Yeah, even imagining that kind of society is waay too hard.

I also don't see a viable alternative to current markets, even though they have severe flaws. They are real good at reacting to demands. This goes for labour economics as well, I mean, how would one settle wages?

It is very boring to talk slow, progressive policies but i don't think that a violent revolution and "eat land lords/the rich/1%" shit will ever have a positive, long term.

Oh, yeah, none of this shit may matter though, because unless we do something drastic about the climate, we're all fucked.

MorningSesh

• Rep: 29
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2021, 12:37:06 PM »
I read through the key Russian anarchist philosophers and while their critiques of everyone else are solid, I find them to be too romantic in their beliefs of what society could look like post capitalism.

Bakunin is gnarly and his critiques of Marx were on point. His critiques of capitalism and power are amazing as well. But, fucking hell, his ideas led to some gnarly actions by the чёрное знамя that make for a good action movie but we're probably bad for society.

Kropotkin had a nice idealistic vision an anarcho society. But, it's too idealistic.

Eventually, having gone through a poli sci theory class at uni, I settled on Rawls as putting forward the best way to structure society and the beat rationale to support this system.

Finally, while the far right idiots are annoying/scary, I'm sometimes bummed in the far left dudes who have the right conclusion but got there in the stupidest way. It creates annoying ideological inconsistencies. I know one far left skate dude who is left only on popular topics but looks the other way when all his friends are exploited by a local "businessman." Also, he gets praised for some insanely selfish shit, which drives me bonkers.
Do you mind giving an example?

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2021, 12:45:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Do you mind giving an example?

Tucker Carlson is based now, according to some lefties?

But yeah, neither left, nor right would argue against clean water/better schools, right? However, getting there would not look the same...