Author Topic: When was the last time you cried?  (Read 1548 times)

everythingisgreat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -130
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
When was the last time you cried?
« on: June 09, 2021, 11:16:42 AM »
Or even someone close to you-

What was the reason?

Let it out below.

cilantro

• Rep: 44
  • human bean
Re: When was the last time you cried?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 11:29:42 AM »
Wrong place for this thread. Also when my grandma died a month ago

so HSU me

• Rep: -2
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 11:32:12 AM »
My cousin's wife died of covid in May. She was only 29, and they had just gotten married in February. She really made my cousin happy, and its heartbreaking.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 11:38:40 AM »
When I felt like shit few month ago, no reason exept thinking I am not good enough and I will be a disapointment all my life

Cheers

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 11:45:37 AM »

^ Me when I saw that this thread was posted in UWTB.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2021, 11:56:42 AM »
When I think about these things:
1) My dad died while I was still scum and never saw me succeed at anything (nor saw me get married, get a good job, or have my son)
2) When I delve too far into the past and miss how things used to be in certain aspects
3) When I truly ponder the reality / finality of death (see Watership Down clip below)
4) when I think of the possibility of dying before my son is a grown man/ can take care of himself
5) certain parts of movies that I somehow feel I relate to (or is just done so well) can get me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CeP-K7Tq2Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy6sSp6IY7c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxLaCckJFIQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z0tu7cq6Vc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrAz1YLh8nY
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 12:17:47 PM by ok boomer »

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 82
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2021, 12:02:50 PM »
When this gets moved to "Whatever" I'll talk about it.

flippy lippy

• Rep: -23
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2021, 12:04:54 PM »
I cry thinking about skating all the time, i
I remember there are people out there still looking for meaning and skating reminds me it's all right here

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 108
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2021, 01:05:37 PM »
We used to call darkside slides "crying," so I would say the 90s.

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2021, 01:20:43 PM »
This morning, because I’m trying to make the transition from skate rat to corporate whore. I’m into my 3rd week as an intern tax analyst for a tech giant (one of the good guy ones)

It’s not going too well in terms of my mental health. Feels like I’m trying to force a square peg (me) into a round hole. Definitely feeling culture shock here. Broke down this morning because I’m my own worst enemy.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2021, 01:29:52 PM »
This morning, because I’m trying to make the transition from skate rat to corporate whore. I’m into my 3rd week as an intern tax analyst for a tech giant (one of the good guy ones)

It’s not going too well in terms of my mental health. Feels like I’m trying to force a square peg (me) into a round hole. Definitely feeling culture shock here. Broke down this morning because I’m my own worst enemy.

Hang in there buddy. I made that transition 3 years ago and the first 2 months were difficult. Think about the money and all the cool (skate) stuff you are able to buy. Sounds like you sit a lot at work, so you can still destroy yourself at the weekend sessions. Most of your collegues will never know how sick a proper popped fs shuv can feel.
IG: @flowterspace

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2021, 01:35:48 PM »
My dads been going through some gnarly health shit for the better part of my adulthood. Sometimes it’s too much to handle.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2021, 01:39:49 PM »
It was just a few days ago. My wife took the kid and went to California last week. Before she left we had been fighting a lot, daily. My meds lapsed and I didn’t tell her and I had to go about 3 weeks without them. She went to see her mom to get some clarity on everything. Thankfully I was able to get a refill before she left and was able to start to right the ship before she left. But I feel really fucking guilty for everything that happened and for her needing to get away and spend time with her family. I felt like I was watching my life implode in slow motion. I was keeping it together then I don’t know by the beastie boys came on and I fucking lost it and had to take a shower.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2021, 01:45:30 PM »
Like 5 years ago. Was in rehab, going through withdrawal, watching The Babadook & thinking about my mom.

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2021, 01:46:10 PM »
I was just commenting on another thread about some skateboard contest scoring.  Slightly in jest.   But with some seriousness to what I was saying.  I was called a kook.  Heck I might have even had that score of mine here added to.   Thus I cried.

Then I imagined a world where someone cared about skateboard contests and I was ok.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2021, 01:50:09 PM »
When I read the Nak thread
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2021, 02:00:19 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Hang in there buddy. I made that transition 3 years ago and the first 2 months were difficult. Think about the money and all the cool (skate) stuff you are able to buy. Sounds like you sit a lot at work, so you can still destroy yourself at the weekend sessions. Most of your collegues will never know how sick a proper popped fs shuv can feel.

Thanks man I needed that. Yeah I’m hoping I can tough it out for a few years so I can get enough cash to start a dog grooming business with my lady, she’s a good groomer at a private shop and has plenty of clients that would follow her. I can’t see the corporate world being a long term career for me even though everyone I work with are hella nice, supportive, and not to mention way more intelligent than I’ll ever be, but who knows maybe it’ll grow on me. Skating after work is the only thing keeping me sane right now because like you said it is a lot of sitting and looking at spreadsheets.

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 416
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2021, 02:18:03 PM »
Two days ago. My grandma died last month and it hit me hard out of the blue.

http://youtu.be/4IEZPMJvNeQ
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2021, 02:29:08 PM »
I was on mushrooms at red rocks a couple weeks ago thinking of a lot of mistakes ive made and friendships ive ruined. Shed a couple tears.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2021, 02:45:43 PM »
Honestly, whenever in a movie a father really loves his child and puts their life and/or needs ahead of his own in any small way I just break down and cry. The man who raised me was a brutal, selfish, psychotic veteran who suffered from mental illness and addiction - so when I see that stuff I always regress to a childlike vulnerability/selfishness and wonder why he never gave a damn and wonder if I'll ever have the ability to be a good father myself or even just a good person.
I still haven't finished watching Finding Nemo.

chrisskates808

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2021, 03:10:58 PM »
Why ask about a non-related skating question on this website? Please use reddit

miff

• Rep: -8
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2021, 03:18:01 PM »
When I think about these things:
1) My dad died while I was still scum and never saw me succeed at anything (nor saw me get married, get a good job, or have my son)
2) When I delve too far into the past and miss how things used to be in certain aspects
3) When I truly ponder the reality / finality of death (see Watership Down clip below)
4) when I think of the possibility of dying before my son is a grown man/ can take care of himself
5) certain parts of movies that I somehow feel I relate to (or is just done so well) can get me:

You're in touch, dude. Kind of gnarly to be so expressively capable.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2021, 03:34:01 PM »
The end of Ghost when they say “Ditto”.  Their love transcended our moral sphere. :'(
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Yu Dum

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2021, 03:52:03 PM »
A song came on the radio at work today that made me think of my wife and how lucky I am to have her by my side. Had to stop myself from full-on crying, but some tears did trickle down my cheek.

McBrandt

• Rep: -13
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2021, 04:18:34 PM »
I've always been a soft heart. Now as a Dad it's even worse. Pretty much every Pixar movie. Anything with some sort of father-daughter dynamic. At my daughter's daycare the graduating class always sang The Face's "Ooh La La" but with changed lyrics to be "I wish that I know what I know now when I'm older". That song ended Rushmore and that movie really hit me when it came out as I was dealing with my first big break up. I dreaded my kid's daycare graduation the entire time, then Covid happened and they didn't have it. But it made me sad to think about how many of those cute kids would grow up to be selfish assholes. Maybe even my kids might, no matter what I do.

everythingisgreat

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2021, 05:12:15 PM »
A song came on the radio at work today that made me think of my wife and how lucky I am to have her by my side. Had to stop myself from full-on crying, but some tears did trickle down my cheek.

everythingisgreat

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2021, 05:12:33 PM »
I've always been a soft heart. Now as a Dad it's even worse. Pretty much every Pixar movie. Anything with some sort of father-daughter dynamic. At my daughter's daycare the graduating class always sang The Face's "Ooh La La" but with changed lyrics to be "I wish that I know what I know now when I'm older". That song ended Rushmore and that movie really hit me when it came out as I was dealing with my first big break up. I dreaded my kid's daycare graduation the entire time, then Covid happened and they didn't have it. But it made me sad to think about how many of those cute kids would grow up to be selfish assholes. Maybe even my kids might, no matter what I do.

cilantro

• Rep: 44
  • human bean
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2021, 05:32:26 PM »
I cried at a few posts in this thread. But the Patti Smith one made me laugh

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1276
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2021, 05:33:31 PM »
Yesterday I was watching Blood In Blood Out for the first time and when Cruz reunites with his family after years of estrangement, I got pretty weepy. I think of all of the horrible scenarios in that movie, Cruz still had it the worst. He was just trying to live and work while dealing with real physical pain and he still wound up blowing it pretty terribly. I could relate.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.