Author Topic: When was the last time you cried?  (Read 1545 times)

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: When was the last time you cried?
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2021, 06:18:39 PM »
I cried at a few posts in this thread. But the Patti Smith one made me laugh

lol you fuck +1
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

skate_or_dingus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2021, 07:16:46 PM »
https://youtu.be/3AUkUfH29yA

But uh, probably far too often.
 Increasingly severe OCD + a seeming inability to deal with the all-encompassing encroachment of modern technology send me into frequent mental breakdowns.
 I am getting help and have recently been talking with a peer support worker who has dealt with similar things in their life.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2021, 07:16:58 PM »
Tripped on some mushrooms this afternoon and was thinking about my parents and my life going forward. Cliche I know, but a healthy productive cry.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2021, 07:30:54 PM »
About 6 years ago when my ex left me was my last legit “hurt” cry.

If not about a year and a half ago I had the biggest, most intense and visual mushroom trip of my life. It wasn’t a self-introspection kind of trip, this was a full-on hallucinatory assault on the mind with lots of giggling and uncontrollable laughter. While peaking, I could feel tears going down my cheeks just from being in total awe of what I was witnessing.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2021, 07:35:06 PM »
I cry a lot tbh. I’ve lost a good amount of friends in my life as well as both my parents. I tend to be overly sensitive to a lot of shit.

Hearing a song someone I’ve lost loved.
Random thoughts of my mother or father.
Stupid shit like catching my belt loop on a door knob on a bad day.
Empathizing for someone else’s struggle.
“Things you are not stoked on” posts on this damn forum.
Knowing there’s people out there who can’t figure out what they want to do and are still trying.

Watching someone achieve their goals in real time.
My buddy and his girl just got pregnant.
Seeing respect and support in the “things you are stoked on” posts in this damn forum.
Genuine love in a world that seemingly only gets colder.

Overall I just cry at almost anything both happy and sad. So I would say the last time I cried was today. And I’d have said that yesterday the day before and most days before that. 

Shout out to people who cry. In all ways for whatever.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2021, 07:42:50 PM »
Honestly, whenever in a movie a father really loves his child and puts their life and/or needs ahead of his own in any small way I just break down and cry. The man who raised me was a brutal, selfish, psychotic veteran who suffered from mental illness and addiction - so when I see that stuff I always regress to a childlike vulnerability/selfishness and wonder why he never gave a damn and wonder if I'll ever have the ability to be a good father myself or even just a good person.
I still haven't finished watching Finding Nemo.

Sometimes that shit fucks me up real good too
This ad made me cry for some reason but yeah crys are alright I have defz sobbed tripping before who cares

https://youtu.be/w-qteO7GfAo

I wanna say something my mum said to me when I was real young but I always remembered it she fell over or something I can’t remember but I said to her why don’t you cry when you get hurt and she said cause nobody’s going to come and pick me up

Crys are good to let shit out but you gotta make sure you get back up ay
listen to cosmic psychos

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2021, 07:50:58 PM »
I cried a lot for like 1 week last month when i moved out of my hometown. Adulting is hard...

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2021, 07:54:09 PM »
It's honestly something i struggle with. One of the side effects of growing up Christian is battling toxic positivity. I try to not let things get to me more than i should. It's ok to feel those things, but more often than not i push them down even though i know it's ok to feel sad. Then it leads to a big blowout over something not that important in the grand scheme, like the Clippers losing. A lot of the time i just try and bounce around and not fall into despair. But it's ok to let it out more often

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2021, 07:59:58 PM »
I felt that yeah wow you’re probably right holy fuck
listen to cosmic psychos

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2021, 08:48:58 PM »

I wanna say something my mum said to me when I was real young but I always remembered it she fell over or something I can’t remember but I said to her why don’t you cry when you get hurt and she said cause nobody’s going to come and pick me up

Crys are good to let shit out but you gotta make sure you get back up ay

I felt this pretty heavy too mate. It's not healthy to let things build and build and build inside of us. We need to be able to express our emotions or we'll continue to make the same mistakes our fathers and grandfathers made

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 961
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2021, 10:33:43 PM »

The most painful cry I let out hasn't ended yet.

I wrote about it cried a little more and erased that shit.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2021, 01:10:52 AM »
Two years ago when I did a holotropic breathwork session with my psychologist. It was nothing particular that triggered it, but it was a much needed release. I felt like a human water fountain.
I wish I could cry more, the feeling is there often without the tears.

I have moments where I look at my dog where I come close. When I realise both their importance to me, and their impermanence.

Skeleton Pudding

• Rep: 11
  • A liver and a frighter
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2021, 09:30:06 AM »
My best friend passed away suddenly from a heart attack mountain biking three years ago. I was supposed to go with him but flaked out the night before. Sometimes I wonder if things would have gone differently if I had been there.

I definitely cried for him, but never full-on sobbed. I've been carrying the weight of this pain, never fully expressing the depth of it.

A woman I've been seeing this last year is having some serious health issues. I've tried to be strong and supportive, but inside have been devastated. The thought of losing another person dear and close to me, has paralyzed me with fear and sadness.

We've been having a lot of talks lately about what we're doing. It's still a bit unclear what our future may be. In our last talk I started talking about my friend who passed away, and suddenly felt that tinge of emotion, and just went with it. I ended up sobbing uncontrollably, outside of a coffee shop. All of that pain came out.

It's strange. I feel much lighter. I feel like I have a new capacity for joy. I feel much more open and connected with my ladyfriend. I've always been reserved and feared big emotions, but now realize how important they are. I feel much better and optimistic about the future.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2021, 09:31:52 AM »
My best friend passed away suddenly from a heart attack mountain biking three years ago. I was supposed to go with him but flaked out the night before. Sometimes I wonder if things would have gone differently if I had been there.

I definitely cried for him, but never full-on sobbed. I've been carrying the weight of this pain, never fully expressing the depth of it.

A woman I've been seeing this last year is having some serious health issues. I've tried to be strong and supportive, but inside have been devastated. The thought of losing another person dear and close to me, has paralyzed me with fear and sadness.

We've been having a lot of talks lately about what we're doing. It's still a bit unclear what our future may be. In our last talk I started talking about my friend who passed away, and suddenly felt that tinge of emotion, and just went with it. I ended up sobbing uncontrollably, outside of a coffee shop. All of that pain came out.

It's strange. I feel much lighter. I feel like I have a new capacity for joy. I feel much more open and connected with my ladyfriend. I've always been reserved and feared big emotions, but now realize how important they are. I feel much better and optimistic about the future.

Much love and support to you!

Frank and Fred

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2021, 09:46:02 AM »
2020 was just a smack to the face for so many of us. My job was insanity during Covid. Working in shelters for homeless youth and trying to keep the programs fully staffed was incredibly stressful. One kid I work with went to jail, another to the state psychiatric hospital. They just couldn't cope and did bad things to get sent away. Then my kid struggled with bullies, depression and anxiety during it all. She was in hospital for a week in June. I'd go see her and then go home drink Gin and hit the George Floyd protests in Portland (unlike anything i have ever seen). Maybe I used the tear gas to hide the real tears... shit... I kept it together most of the year but after my 16 year old daughter was hospitalized for the second time I had a full melt down in the ER. I don't cry. I am Brit. I still think I have yet to fully process all of the above.

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 82
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2021, 11:03:02 AM »
When this gets moved to "Whatever" I'll talk about it.

A deal is a deal... I cried hard as shit the last few days like a god damn baby... My dog who's nine years old pinched a nerve in her back... This is the second time it's happened. She can barely walk and my girlfriend and I have to keep her in her crate for two weeks to hope that the nerve heals. It healed last time but she was much younger then... Now it scares me. I love her and the thought of having to put her down over this has been fucking killing me. I've been trying to do anything to distract myself from this reality... The real cry happened yesterday... I was on the ground next to her while she was in the crate and I gave her a treat. She ate it but looked so sad just locked up in there... Thinking I might not be able to run around with her again in the yard or take her for a walk... Or maybe not even seeing her happy ever again fucking killed me. I laid on the ground next to her crying... I haven't told anyone about what's been going on... Not even my close friends... I haven't cried before this for a while so when I saw the thread... It felt sorta serendipitous... And getting it out feels cathartic...

beandemon

• Rep: 180
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2021, 12:32:33 PM »
Girlfriend’s 6yo cat has congestive heart failure. Given 6-12 months to live. Losing pets is always hard, plus her dad died of congestive heart failure a few years ago and it’s bringing up some stuff.

dofrenzy

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2021, 01:42:54 PM »
I’ve had a tough month of being THC free, so been on a few crying jags that were just depressing as shit.  So to turn it around, I’ll share my actual last cry:

Finally landed a half-cab-rock to fakie on my ramp a few days ago.  After trying for way more than a month (closer to two months), finally getting it was a powerful moment for me.  My ramp feels gnarly (for me at least) so everything is scarier and the fakie back in was just terrifying to commit to without a really solid half-cab-rock.

In the classic style of “I don’t fucking care how long it takes, I’m getting this”….after a couple weeks of trying I just accepted that it was going to take time and made numerous attempts at every session, but always made sure to finish with stuff I can land to stay happy.  Finally getting it was quite an experience.

Skeleton Pudding

• Rep: 11
  • A liver and a frighter
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2021, 02:46:25 PM »
Much love and support to you!

Thank you so much - it means a lot!

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2021, 11:24:12 PM »
Expand Quote
When this gets moved to "Whatever" I'll talk about it.
[close]

A deal is a deal... I cried hard as shit the last few days like a god damn baby... My dog who's nine years old pinched a nerve in her back... This is the second time it's happened. She can barely walk and my girlfriend and I have to keep her in her crate for two weeks to hope that the nerve heals. It healed last time but she was much younger then... Now it scares me. I love her and the thought of having to put her down over this has been fucking killing me. I've been trying to do anything to distract myself from this reality... The real cry happened yesterday... I was on the ground next to her while she was in the crate and I gave her a treat. She ate it but looked so sad just locked up in there... Thinking I might not be able to run around with her again in the yard or take her for a walk... Or maybe not even seeing her happy ever again fucking killed me. I laid on the ground next to her crying... I haven't told anyone about what's been going on... Not even my close friends... I haven't cried before this for a while so when I saw the thread... It felt sorta serendipitous... And getting it out feels cathartic...

Girlfriend’s 6yo cat has congestive heart failure. Given 6-12 months to live. Losing pets is always hard, plus her dad died of congestive heart failure a few years ago and it’s bringing up some stuff.

A couple years back, my childhood dog passed away in my arms. That shit was one of the worst days of my life. I should have taken him to the vet to get euthanized, but my parents wanted to hold off so my brothers could maybe see him one last time. He started having seizures that morning and my parents had to work but i didn't, so i was with him the whole day. I sobbed all day long, it was horrible. He was in a ton of pain and i couldn't do anything to help him. My dad got home a couple minutes before he died and i was just completely losing it, holding him in my arms and my dad and i got to pet him and gold him and tell him we loved him as he went. Fuck I'm crying right now thinking about it. One of the few times I've seen my dad cry in my life.
If you think it's time, definitely save them the suffering if you can. I wish i could have spared him that last day. It is a hundred percent worse watching them suffer

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1556
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2021, 08:10:10 PM »
Jesus Dale, that’s fucking brutal.

I’m updating mine to 20 minutes ago. I was watching beastie boys story and at the end when they’re talking about MCA. Ad rock starts crying then I don’t know starts playing and I started crying.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2021, 11:29:53 PM »

I’m updating mine to 20 minutes ago. I was watching beastie boys story and at the end when they’re talking about MCA. Ad rock starts crying then I don’t know starts playing and I started crying.
I teared up a bit the other day when No Dogs was finishing up their series on the Beastie Boys. Talking about how the world is a better place because Yauch was in it.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1556
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2021, 12:11:18 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I teared up a bit the other day when No Dogs was finishing up their series on the Beastie Boys. Talking about how the world is a better place because Yauch was in it.

Dude so did I! After Carolina talked about how she took for granted they were always there and Marcus said something along the lines of, “His life was tragically cut short but he lived a wonderful life, left behind a fantastic body of work, and a legacy of goodness” I was doing my fucking best not to lose my cool in my work truck.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2021, 03:31:39 AM »
Yo when MCA died that was the first time I felt an intense sadness due to the death of an artist/someone famous. A friend and I drank while listening to every album up to To The Five Boroughs the night after we found out.

I grew up in a tough household and would use their music as an escape. His death really floored me.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2021, 05:49:53 AM »
My dads been going through some gnarly health shit for the better part of my adulthood. Sometimes it’s too much to handle.

With you on this.

What my dad deals with is rare and basically untreatable. It split up my parent's marriage and strained our relationship with him because he's a hardass and doesn't accept help very well. We used to live in this big house in the country and he loved it, he dreamed of making it a true farm like his dad did when he retired. After my parents split he had no income besides disability, and lost the house. Now he lives with family in another state, which is also tough because I see him about once a year and each time his condition is worse. Whenever I hear this song, I cry instantly. Listened to it yesterday on a long drive and did an ugly cry going to down the highway.

http://youtu.be/DbA_5IpiAyU
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2021, 06:09:24 AM »
My son finished/graduated from 6th grade this week. Waterworks.
ok thanks