Author Topic: Tom Karangelov - Weird Way Home (16 mm Film Full Part)  (Read 1697 times)

yungthug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
Re: Tom Karangelov - Weird Way Home (16 mm Film Full Part)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 08:48:59 AM »
cool. i dug this.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 09:24:33 AM »
beautiful stuff

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 10:08:58 AM »
More please

assvogel

• Rep: 194
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 02:39:10 PM »
This was excellent.

newspaperparty

• Rep: 25
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 06:01:54 PM »
that was certified awesome

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2021, 07:55:03 PM »
Is there a you tube upload? I wanna watch it on my tv.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2021, 08:09:50 PM »
I normally find his skating massively underwhelming and boring, but this was incredibly enjoyable. I think the 16mm + the editing really did it for me. Wish I was stoned.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2021, 08:37:22 PM »
pretty great stuff
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 129
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2021, 08:52:08 PM »
Skating was ok. Looks good on 16mm too. Would actually like to see more on that format, but, I feel like there was maybe 2 minutes of actual skating (a lot in slowmo). The rest was scenery and filler. Good idea but I'd rather watch good skating than somebody's art-film project. Good ideas, and well done filming, but still somehow very "meh" overall. 

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2021, 05:58:48 AM »
I normally find his skating massively underwhelming and boring, but this was incredibly enjoyable. I think the 16mm + the editing really did it for me. Wish I was stoned.

That's funny, I'm the opposite. I usually love his parts, but the editing and pace of this was weird and made me tired lmao.
I guess I just expected more actual skating.

nutsass

• Rep: 8
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2021, 08:12:09 AM »
That pug turd was huge

Ed boy

• Rep: 79
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2021, 09:53:34 AM »
Loved this

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2021, 02:29:08 PM »

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 51
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2021, 02:53:52 PM »
That Cornelius song was an awesome choice

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2021, 09:35:36 PM »
Absolutely beautiful

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2021, 09:50:03 AM »
Skating was ok. Looks good on 16mm too. Would actually like to see more on that format, but, I feel like there was maybe 2 minutes of actual skating (a lot in slowmo). The rest was scenery and filler. Good idea but I'd rather watch good skating than somebody's art-film project. Good ideas, and well done filming, but still somehow very "meh" overall.
I hear you but he has plenty of other video parts and they specifically put this one on Vimeo rather than YouTube or the Thrasher site. Think of the skating as a bonus. There’s overwhelmingly more “normal” video parts coming out right now than in all of skateboarding’s history and I know you aren’t watching all of them so why should this video need to be the same format as everything else?

keepthefunkalive

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2021, 03:23:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I hear you but he has plenty of other video parts and they specifically put this one on Vimeo rather than YouTube or the Thrasher site. Think of the skating as a bonus. There’s overwhelmingly more “normal” video parts coming out right now than in all of skateboarding’s history and I know you aren’t watching all of them so why should this video need to be the same format as everything else?

Well I guess I'd like to see skating in 16mm and not a bunch of art project filler. Looks nice but a boring watch overall. It wasn't the format it was the content. Good concept, boring execution.

mongopushingmallgraber

• Rep: 30
    • Voicemail avatar image
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2021, 06:33:16 PM »
That was amazing! I loved it

sn00p

• Rep: 25
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2021, 08:04:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Well I guess I'd like to see skating in 16mm and not a bunch of art project filler. Looks nice but a boring watch overall. It wasn't the format it was the content. Good concept, boring execution.

trying to film a part with decent tricks or even lines that would take more than a few tries would cost an absolute fortune. i think thomas campbell made that ‘ye olde destruction’ flick entirely 16mm iirc, which was kind of a skate video. I still haven’t seen it though. 

keepthefunkalive

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2021, 08:14:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

trying to film a part with decent tricks or even lines that would take more than a few tries would cost an absolute fortune. i think thomas campbell made that ‘ye olde destruction’ flick entirely 16mm iirc, which was kind of a skate video. I still haven’t seen it though.

True about the cost of film and it would for sure be more tedious. Something about how the film quality and fps work together looks really nice though