Author Topic: BBS MFG Website Update  (Read 10637 times)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
Re: BBS MFG Website Update
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2021, 07:59:59 AM »
Skating 2 creatures right now (Larb/shaped and the creature x juxtapoze contest graphic pop) coming off a Madness R7 before then.

Zero issues.

Not saying any company can't be shady, but R7 or pro level decks only; I'd never buy a PP board from any company except maybe dlx but even then I didn't have good luck with the renewal line.

RichardBarkley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2021, 08:49:36 AM »
Expand Quote
The three blind pricepoints I’ve had (this was all in 2015) all cracked in less than a week of skating. All I skate is low impact too. It all makes sense now.
[close]

A few years ago I found a blind logo PP on clearance after riding a r7 Samaria deck that I loved. It delamed after 2 weeks. Learned my lesson.

That sucks

In saying that my latest BBS FA delamed after 3 weeks
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

WoodRat

• Rep: 5
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2021, 08:10:44 AM »
We shouldn't discount that a shady overseas manufacturer switched up the product without telling the companies, and they were operating in good faith.

Definitely true! That's why brands need to re-imagine their own quality control (there name is what's on the product). They should be taken a sample of boards at consistent time intervals (say every year to 6 months, and any time they change manufacturers) and having them tested. That's just good quality management.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2021, 08:45:58 AM »
Last couple baker (BBS) decks I’ve had have all warped pretty badly. One I had laying around for a week or two before I set it up so I just chalked it up to that, even though when I have boards laying around usually i never have issues with them warping, but the most recent one I bought from the shop, i double checked it at the shop and made sure it was straight, bought it and was walking home and I swear by the time I got home I checked it again and it had already started twisting! It was crazy! It was probably 105 degrees out and I was leaving from the shop which was a nice 75 degrees maybe, but walking home for fifteen minutes in 105 degree weather should not cause a board to already start warping like how it did.
Wonder if there is a change in quality with BBS decks recently? Never had much of an issue with BBS decks warping in the past before these last couple I’ve had. Still ended up skating the warped baker decks anyways, but it was pretty annoying to deal with skating my shit all lopsided feeling.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1107
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2021, 02:07:03 PM »
On the Baker tip….haven’t seen many b16s, which sucks.
Bbs hasn’t felt right, for me, for a long minute tho.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2021, 03:39:20 PM »
Damn, now I’m bummed on my Creature deck that’s on its way.  Over the past years I’ve been ordering baker and Deathwish boards directly from them. I picked up a Neen twin nose at a shop last week and it has a BBS holographic tape sticker on it. None of my others ones do. Even the Neen deck I seen at Zumiez didn’t have that sticker. What’s up with that?

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2021, 04:23:44 PM »
Expand Quote
We shouldn't discount that a shady overseas manufacturer switched up the product without telling the companies, and they were operating in good faith.
[close]

Definitely true! That's why brands need to re-imagine their own quality control (there name is what's on the product). They should be taken a sample of boards at consistent time intervals (say every year to 6 months, and any time they change manufacturers) and having them tested. That's just good quality management.

I expect there'll be more of this sort of thing, as Covid-era fakes flood the market and major manufacturers like BBS put these companies on blast.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1926
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2021, 07:20:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I expect there'll be more of this sort of thing, as Covid-era fakes flood the market and major manufacturers like BBS put these companies on blast.

There's a limit to how much information manufacturers share with their customers, not everyone wants to know how the sausage is made and giving customers too much information confuses more than comforts. This info is more relevant to enthusiast (Slap folks), retailers, distributors and their competitors, who are not the end consumer of the product. That said, I would be happy to ship a fake Baker board to BBS if they did a full analysis on it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 07:31:23 PM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

logjammin

• Rep: 326
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2021, 07:40:06 PM »
Last couple baker (BBS) decks I’ve had have all warped pretty badly. One I had laying around for a week or two before I set it up so I just chalked it up to that, even though when I have boards laying around usually i never have issues with them warping, but the most recent one I bought from the shop, i double checked it at the shop and made sure it was straight, bought it and was walking home and I swear by the time I got home I checked it again and it had already started twisting! It was crazy! It was probably 105 degrees out and I was leaving from the shop which was a nice 75 degrees maybe, but walking home for fifteen minutes in 105 degree weather should not cause a board to already start warping like how it did.
Wonder if there is a change in quality with BBS decks recently? Never had much of an issue with BBS decks warping in the past before these last couple I’ve had. Still ended up skating the warped baker decks anyways, but it was pretty annoying to deal with skating my shit all lopsided feeling.

Dude that's nuts. Did you email them for a warranty? That should not happen, yeah that's hot weather but shouldn't just warp like that. I feel like no matter which one of these high volume factories boards are pressed at, at the end of the day it's not that great, along with the pay. There's plenty of factors that can go into why defective boards get shrink-wrapped and shipped out. It's just another industry with an extremely high demand of goods from consumers, especially these days. I'm one of those consumers that prefers brick and mortar. I like to inspect the things I'm going to buy just like if I go grocery shopping. Lessens the chance of having issues down the line.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2021, 09:47:58 PM »
Damn, now I’m bummed on my Creature deck that’s on its way.  Over the past years I’ve been ordering baker and Deathwish boards directly from them. I picked up a Neen twin nose at a shop last week and it has a BBS holographic tape sticker on it. None of my others ones do. Even the Neen deck I seen at Zumiez didn’t have that sticker. What’s up with that?

I think we need a picture of the sticker, unless it was the usual DLX sticker, round silver foil back with black print over it, which could have been on another board and ended up on that one.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2021, 11:39:34 AM »

Had a similar issue with the last BBS board I bought online (only bc the locals didn't have it). It was a hot day and I knew it would be sitting in the UPS truck all day. Sure enough, opened the box to a warped deck. I was going to hang on to it for a bit and not skate but the warp pissed me off so I set it up right away. Anyway, after a few hours skating it, the warp seemed to diminish a bit and it did not seem to affect performance. In person purchase for decks from now on for me.

Also noticed, recent BBS decks are thicker than previous incarnations... I'm using the same hardware, trucks and risers and there is def less room for my 1" hardware to lock properly.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2021, 12:14:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Had a similar issue with the last BBS board I bought online (only bc the locals didn't have it). It was a hot day and I knew it would be sitting in the UPS truck all day. Sure enough, opened the box to a warped deck. I was going to hang on to it for a bit and not skate but the warp pissed me off so I set it up right away. Anyway, after a few hours skating it, the warp seemed to diminish a bit and it did not seem to affect performance. In person purchase for decks from now on for me.

Also noticed, recent BBS decks are thicker than previous incarnations... I'm using the same hardware, trucks and risers and there is def less room for my 1" hardware to lock properly.
Yeah after skating the warped baker for a bit the warp did seem to diminish a bit for me as well, but it was definitely still there, just a lot more subtle.
Haven’t noticed the boards getting any thicker though.