Author Topic: sup with Cody Chapman?  (Read 5963 times)

Goodkidmaadcity823

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -8
sup with Cody Chapman?
« on: June 11, 2021, 07:02:36 AM »
Weird ig posts suddenly? 

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2554
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: sup with Cody Chapman?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 07:16:38 AM »
Might as well link to at least one of these posts...
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 726
  • Free Max B
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 07:44:17 AM »
definitely dont provide a screenshot or even vague description of what youre even talking about. solid thread

free max b
FREE MAX B

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 07:45:19 AM »
Stand up paddle boarding is a pretty popular hobby, just because Cody Chapman is into it doesn’t mean it deserves a thread.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 08:14:53 AM by Freelancevagrant »
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 07:53:04 AM »
Looks like he’s struggling with depression or something similar.  Props to him for saying something; hoping for the best
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2021, 08:25:00 AM »
Looks like he’s struggling with depression or something similar.  Props to him for saying something; hoping for the best
Respect,  what was that banger he did at China banks recently?

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2021, 09:23:21 AM »
Damn hopefully his homies reach out or he reaches out to them.

lydius

• Rep: 43
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2021, 01:00:05 PM »
I wish him the best in conquering that shit. We could all use a break from the phone and constant bombardment. We need to remind ourselves that no generation before us has ever been bombarded with this much shit, let alone bad news about the world.

AfterBlackEnderEnder

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2021, 01:29:46 PM »
I know psychedelics aren’t in everyone’s bag but a low dose (or high dose if you really want to work through some shit) of psilocybin really helped me overcome a long bout with depression. It’s always one day at a time, though. Do some volunteering, smile at a stranger, and call your mom just to tell her you love her!

miff

• Rep: -7
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2021, 05:00:38 PM »
I know psychedelics aren’t in everyone’s bag but a low dose (or high dose if you really want to work through some shit) of psilocybin really helped me overcome a long bout with depression. It’s always one day at a time, though. Do some volunteering, smile at a stranger, and call your mom just to tell her you love her!

Good advice, dude. Reach out, understand that what youre feeling can be related to. If you got that pool of friends/family, rely on them. They'd rather help than not.

Always been curious about the micro-dosing. Just how much is micro? All of those sorts of details for someone who might be sensitive to it.

winnasoda

• Rep: -31
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2021, 05:52:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hurricane

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2021, 10:03:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Good advice, dude. Reach out, understand that what youre feeling can be related to. If you got that pool of friends/family, rely on them. They'd rather help than not.

Always been curious about the micro-dosing. Just how much is micro? All of those sorts of details for someone who might be sensitive to it.

Yeah totally - let’s tell the people in the midst of a mental health crisis that their situation will be solved if only they reach out to other people. I mean, that makes total sense considering that depression and anxiety never make sufferers feel like they’re being a burden on other people or that their problems aren’t worth bothering other people over. No, they can solve their own problems themselves - all it requires is doing a counterintuitive thing in the midst of a difficult period and hoping that others understand (which they always do 100% of the time). What can go wrong with that?

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2021, 04:57:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah totally - let’s tell the people in the midst of a mental health crisis that their situation will be solved if only they reach out to other people. I mean, that makes total sense considering that depression and anxiety never make sufferers feel like they’re being a burden on other people or that their problems aren’t worth bothering other people over. No, they can solve their own problems themselves - all it requires is doing a counterintuitive thing in the midst of a difficult period and hoping that others understand (which they always do 100% of the time). What can go wrong with that?

Do u have any advice?

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 498
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2021, 05:46:55 AM »
Instagram threads without links are great

Nyjahsnanny

• Rep: -20
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2021, 06:05:54 AM »
So weird the guy who drinks and does drugs all day seems depressed. Never would of thought.

bo bice

• Rep: 84
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2021, 06:13:59 AM »
So weird the guy who drinks and does drugs all day seems depressed. Never would of thought.

your father should of pulled out

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2021, 08:22:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

hurricane
Thank you, that spot is no joke. 

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2021, 08:37:52 AM »
fine, ill put a link to his instagram, goddammit

https://www.instagram.com/coldchapman

you can't embed stories, but his currently says '

"thank you for the love. i'm safe with good people all around me. love you all, i'll be taking a break from social media and phones"

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

miff

• Rep: -7
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2021, 08:40:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Naw, I think reaching out is a good thing. It’s hard, but a good thing.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 612
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2021, 10:43:02 AM »
IG: @flowterspace

Mrskillson

• Rep: 5
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2021, 01:39:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Do you need someone to talk to?

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2021, 07:45:37 PM »
No, but thanks.

My point is that his friends and family can reach out to him, that the onus should not be solely on the person undergoing a mental health crisis.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 11:09:22 PM by oyolar »

waffle

• Rep: 125
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2021, 10:04:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

What’s your goal with a response like this?

To belittle people offering advice from their own life experience?

It’s fine to have points contrarian to op, but the whole “yeah totally“ condescension approach doesn’t seem to serve anything.

I can’t imagine you’re over 18 with a post like that, so maybe I’m the clown here for responding at all.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2021, 10:16:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

It’s fine to have points contrarian to op, but the whole “yeah totally“ condescension approach doesn’t seem to serve anything.

I can’t imagine you’re over 18 with a post like that, so maybe I’m the clown here for responding at all.

I think it’s to point out that it’s not very practical advice for someone struggling with depression for the reason he mentioned.  Tone might be a little snide for your taste, but I relate hard to what he’s said

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2021, 11:08:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I somewhat clarified above but my post was to point out that it's not fair to put the responsibility on the ill person. I see how it came across as belittling, but the comments I was responding to came across as belittling to me: a person who has suffered with massive depression for years and has spent years attempting to actively seek help after also spending years not doing so. If you want to assume I'm a child based on my response, fine, whatever. But all that does is make it clear you are a clown, giving you a bullshit reason to be an asshole to someone who is pointing out a massive flaw in how we deal with and talk about mental illness.

BTW - If you check out "The WELLNESS OUTREACH & SUPPORT Thread" in WHATEVER, I've been open about my struggles and situation and been open about my willingness to find people the professional support they need because I don't think "your family and friends care about you! smile at a stranger!" is a salve that fixes all situations.

So yeah dude, I don't know what to tell you except fuck off. I provided a response that I personally felt was, albeit harsh, adequate and descriptive of my own mental health issues and experiences dealing with random people trying to "help" and "provide advice and support" on it and you fired off a childish response, ignoring the entire point that was crystal clear to several other posters, and decided to be an insulting asshole while assuming no one else responding in the thread has had any mental issues.

Besides that: if my post did upset anyone looking for help and support, I apologize and please feel free to DM me. I know that I cannot be any level of emotional or psychological support, but I can tell you my experience trying to find a psychiatrist and psychologist/psychotherapist that has helped me and I'm happy to help give advice so you can find someone who is qualified to help you.

Bitchardo Scantron

• Rep: -92
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2021, 01:13:15 AM »
Saw him last year during the Maka trip to Tampa, he was ripping for real.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2021, 08:37:22 AM »
hoping the best for his mental health.

have to back up oyolar here. the things suggested weren't that wrong actually imo, but they should be done to maintain a more positive attitude to prevent crisis. they are actually dangerous when there's an acute crisis. fuck, they could be dangerous for you.

in my worst times of depression, in those moments when someone gives you a well meaning "yo, stay positive and call your mom maybe bro" i'd think to myself "shut the fuck up, i just want to off myself and you, too, possibly." it's not helpful at all.

friends and family are no substitute for therapy. actually often they play a big role in why a person's mental health is so bad. sometimes those people need to be avoided or be out of the picture. you don't want to tell someone yo you just gotta reconnect with your parents when those parents might have been violent assholes who never cared about you.

if you think these "tips" are useful for anyone whoever had to deal with clinical depression or suicidal thoughts i have a tip for you: shut the fuck up. keep your tips for when a non clinical depressed homie has a not so ideal day. if you want to help a really depressed friend and you aren't a professional you should probably just help your friend find one of those.

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2021, 10:16:44 AM »

have to back up oyolar here. the things suggested weren't that wrong actually imo, but they should be done to maintain a more positive attitude to prevent crisis. they are actually dangerous when there's an acute crisis. fuck, they could be dangerous for you.

in my worst times of depression, in those moments when someone gives you a well meaning "yo, stay positive and call your mom maybe bro" i'd think to myself "shut the fuck up, i just want to off myself and you, too, possibly." it's not helpful at all.

friends and family are no substitute for therapy. actually often they play a big role in why a person's mental health is so bad. sometimes those people need to be avoided or be out of the picture. you don't want to tell someone yo you just gotta reconnect with your parents when those parents might have been violent assholes who never cared about you.

if you think these "tips" are useful for anyone whoever had to deal with clinical depression or suicidal thoughts i have a tip for you: shut the fuck up. keep your tips for when a non clinical depressed homie has a not so ideal day. if you want to help a really depressed friend and you aren't a professional you should probably just help your friend find one of those.

Frank, as somebody that deals with near-constant anxiety/depression (among other issues), I can assure you that you are still the asshole in that situation.
 You are really going to fault the people that care about you for trying to help (to the best of their abilities)? I understand that during a mental health crisis, reaching out is the last thing that most feel comfortable doing, but you can't get angry at those who care and are seeing a person they care about suffer and not expect them to tell you to fuck off at some point. Been there.
 Still love ya Frank, but I can't act like I'm not shaking/on the verge of tears from how upset that take makes me.

Mental health is NEVER your (my) fault and ALWAYS your (my) responsibility.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2021, 11:38:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Frank, as somebody that deals with near-constant anxiety/depression (among other issues), I can assure you that you are still the asshole in that situation.
 You are really going to fault the people that care about you for trying to help (to the best of their abilities)? I understand that during a mental health crisis, reaching out is the last thing that most feel comfortable doing, but you can't get angry at those who care and are seeing a person they care about suffer and not expect them to tell you to fuck off at some point. Been there.
 Still love ya Frank, but I can't act like I'm not shaking/on the verge of tears from how upset that take makes me.

Mental health is NEVER your (my) fault and ALWAYS your (my) responsibility.

this is 100% correct and i totally admit to it. it's a terrible thing to think, or even proclaim to someone you love or are friends with. and i didn't mean to drum up any respect for such thoughts. i was describing the nihilism you end up with. when i was on my lowest, and thoughts like this came up when someone hit me up with some bullshit type advice like "just start to date more women bro" or "just smile a bit more" but quickly vanished because they weren't practical, but dramatic.  it's a melodramatic picture about how those hints can end up in a black hole or just create more pressure or more nihilism.

but i still stand by my opinion from my own experience that friends and fam, however well meaning their advices may be, often unknowingly create more pressure for the person they are trying to help, sometimes this is combination of friends and fam overextending and someone being way more gone and distrustful than they know because the depression was hidden for so long already to have everybody save face. support is good and much needed. i think the best recipe to intervene as friends and family is to tell that person that you love it deeply, that you got their back no matter what setbacks on the road to recovery might occure and that there are no obligations to fulfill and you only want to see them happy. and help them deal with the troublesome process of finding out causes for their fear and sadness, physically or psychologically.

and i feel like this dynamic doesn't get mentioned. of course no one that tries to help a friend out of depression is an asshole, but friends and fam have to consider the mindstate of the person they try to help and there should be knowledge about what advise might rather be triggering, for a lack of a better word.

i totally respect your criticism and take it to heart, i didn't want to upset you in any way or trigger you. it sucks that this happened out of a post that was actually about avoiding that stuff and i'm really sorry. but i also hope this post sets some of my initial post straight in terms of friends being assholes for trying to help. if it did come of like that i clearly made a mistake.

fuck, i don't know. maybe i went overboard with how i worded it. i've been on some pretty emotional and almost manic trip myself today and been on the verge of tears a few times today myself. i'm sorry for coming in so hot.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2021, 01:27:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well you know its micro. Barely anything  0.1g

https://thethirdwave.co/microdosing/mushrooms/

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"