Author Topic: Medford Oregon  (Read 396 times)

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
Medford Oregon
« on: June 12, 2021, 01:03:50 PM »
Sup gods Im going to be heading to Medford next month to visit a friend/travel around there etc. Hows the scene there? Parks? Any good shops? Any type of recommendations/advice are welcome.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2194
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
Re: Medford Oregon
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 01:52:09 AM »
Medford’s park is pretty decent, actually.
Ashland & Phoenix parks are both just a hop, skip & roll to the south, but… meh.
Maybe if you burn through your other options; they’re not awful, but not that great either.
Grants Pass park to the north on the 5 is pretty solid as well, as far as transition goes.
Klamath Falls is a bit more of a drive, but big & full of big bowls.
There’s a decent little street scene going on in Ashland too, but it’s a small town, so don’t expect too much from it.
Hope you have fun.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Low standards

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 11:07:14 AM »
I think Mt Shasta skate park in California isn't too far away, maybe 1.5 hours max? It's such a dope park, there's something for everyone. Worth the trip if you're in the general area.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1391
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2021, 12:24:15 PM »
Medford’s park is pretty decent, actually.
Ashland & Phoenix parks are both just a hop, skip & roll to the south, but… meh.
Maybe if you burn through your other options; they’re not awful, but not that great either.
Grants Pass park to the north on the 5 is pretty solid as well, as far as transition goes.
Klamath Falls is a bit more of a drive, but big & full of big bowls.
There’s a decent little street scene going on in Ashland too, but it’s a small town, so don’t expect too much from it.
Hope you have fun.

There are definitely some sick spots in Ashland.

Grants pass is alright and save for a couple little kids, has been empty every time I've stopped in.

Pretty sure all those towns along 5 have a park. Talent, Phoenix, Medford, Ashland, Jacksonville, etc.

Medford is alright. Pretty tweeky at times and places, but there is a good fish taco truck lol
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

gsosa

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2021, 06:23:48 PM »
Sick thanks for the info guys, hopefully I can get to skate some cool shit. I'm more of a street guy so hopefully I can find a couple dope spots. ANy good shops out there? Where would one get skate goodies near there?

Frank and Fred

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2021, 06:36:23 PM »
Don't forget Gold Hill. That park rules. And there is an insane undercover DIY between Gold Hill and Medford.

As far as shops, I've heard good things about Jack's Board shop in Medford but I personally can't vouch for it.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1391
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2021, 07:04:49 PM »
Sick thanks for the info guys, hopefully I can get to skate some cool shit. I'm more of a street guy so hopefully I can find a couple dope spots. ANy good shops out there? Where would one get skate goodies near there?

In Ashland, near the post office, headed back toward the food co-op, there's a white painted brick joint that's got a pavement bank to the brick wall that's got some serious potential at least when I've walked by.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2021, 09:13:34 PM »
go kayaking on the rogue river and eat the best pears on planet earth
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Plan9Customs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 520
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2021, 08:31:27 PM »
Sup gods Im going to be heading to Medford next month to visit a friend/travel around there etc. Hows the scene there? Parks? Any good shops? Any type of recommendations/advice are welcome.
Chase this one down.

Night spot obviously. Just google earth if you can’t see it well in that pic.

gsosa

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2021, 09:26:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Chase this one down.

Night spot obviously. Just google earth if you can’t see it well in that pic.
thanks for the intel my man the spot looks dope!

Rusty Shackleford

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2021, 10:17:31 PM »
if you're into hiking, check out pilot rock 😁