Author Topic: Critical Race Theory  (Read 1762 times)

Baby on Board

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 33
Critical Race Theory
« on: June 12, 2021, 07:12:46 PM »
What do y’all think of it?

Obviously America was built and is still sustained on institutionalized racism, so I’m all for that being taught in schools, from day 1! But I’m also a big soft Lefty

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1440
Re: Critical Race Theory
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 10:42:45 PM »
I think anyone who fears a critical look at anything is a coward. Some white people in this country are so goddamn soft. I can't believe people are this afraid of talking about the truth about the white supremacist roots of our country. Hiding from it won't change what happened. We must confront our history and be honest about it, and having been shown the truth, move forward and reconcile with truth and reconciliation and reparations. Critical race theory should not be controversial unless you are a coward of the lowest order.

If this thread becomes a shit show, so be it

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2021, 10:53:07 PM »
I think anyone who fears a critical look at anything is a coward. Some white people in this country are so goddamn soft. I can't believe people are this afraid of talking about the truth about the white supremacist roots of our country. Hiding from it won't change what happened. We must confront our history and be honest about it, and having been shown the truth, move forward and reconcile with truth and reconciliation and reparations. Critical race theory should not be controversial unless you are a coward of the lowest order.

/thread
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2021, 03:38:22 AM »
The theory makes 100% sense, the left just doesn’t  know how to message anything.

Edit- before I have to argue with a bunch of people, I’m pro integration but it was definitely done wrong.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 04:05:57 AM by Lenny the Fatface »

cky enthusiast

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2021, 06:44:36 AM »
meaningless buzzword nonsense like “cancel culture” because our hyper mushed out social media brains can’t parse nuance.

if you aren’t teaching that america was founded on the subjugation of black and native people you’re a liar, there’s no need for a buzzword for it

Doodily

• Rep: 4
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2021, 08:04:38 AM »
The theory makes 100% sense, the left just doesn’t  know how to message anything.

Edit- before I have to argue with a bunch of people, I’m pro integration but it was definitely done wrong.

This right here. The reason conservatives are a controlling minority is because they are lock step in their message (also, it's easier when your message is just thinly veiled hate).

beandemon

• Rep: 181
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2021, 08:42:05 AM »
I think anyone who fears a critical look at anything is a coward. ...Critical race theory should not be controversial unless you are a coward of the lowest order.

I agree with the OP’s statement re: our founding.  I find the above statements at odds with each other, from a logical standpoint. At the end of the day: a. we’re taught bs 2)our country was founded and continuous to run on some dubious shit III. CRT is another framework for ordering our world, not without flaws.

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2021, 09:12:49 AM »
meaningless buzzword nonsense like “cancel culture” because our hyper mushed out social media brains can’t parse nuance.

if you aren’t teaching that america was founded on the subjugation of black and native people you’re a liar, there’s no need for a buzzword for it
A-fucking-men. Liberals need to cut the kids glove meely-mouth bullshit already. America is racist. We gotta deal, not worry about scaring off pea-brained conservatives.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2021, 11:18:03 AM »

amen

Slap’s Too Sensitive

• Rep: -5
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2021, 09:26:15 PM »
Watch out, lest your account catch a ban….

To ask quite frankly, what aspects of America are currently racist?

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2021, 09:49:14 PM »
www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rDu_VUpoJ8&t=541s

I thought this video was interesting, I don't know much about crt other than this but it seemed like the creator of this vid was being objective for the most part. I was trying to find college lectures on this subject but didn't see anything on YouTube and they didn't have any books on it at barnes n noble. So if anybody has good material on it, let me know.

Slap’s Too Sensitive

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2021, 10:00:02 PM »
www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rDu_VUpoJ8&t=541s

I thought this video was interesting, I don't know much about crt other than this but it seemed like the creator of this vid was being objective for the most part. I was trying to find college lectures on this subject but didn't see anything on YouTube and they didn't have any books on it at barnes n noble. So if anybody has good material on it, let me know.

Is that a white woman with half black face in that YouTube thumbnail?

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2021, 10:13:52 PM »
If that video is, indeed, what CRT is about then it sounds dumb as fuck.

I'm sick and fucking tired of people's contstant need to identify themselves with garbage concepts. Maybe because I'm mixed, I don't know..
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 10:33:02 PM by iKobrakai »

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2021, 10:29:29 PM »
It‘s a difficult subject. Obviously the US and much of the rest of western culture is deeply rooted in racism. This aspect needs to be taught in schools.

What I don‘t like is critical whiteness. It is similar to male feminism. People mean well, but it doesn‘t help. It is always better to discuss structural forces and to provide the space for people to talk for themselves.

Slap’s Too Sensitive

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2021, 10:58:16 PM »
How many of y’all are black? I live in NY so maybe things are different here, but the “history of racism” in this country that happened in the past hasn’t actually effected me during my lifetime. Tbh the only time I notice there’s a difference is when I hear about this sort of stuff going on, and if I have to turn on the tv or browse through the internet to learn about it then I’d say day to day life isn’t that bad for me…

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2021, 10:59:09 PM »
This dude seems super suspicious. I checked his Twitter and his social media is super weird. One of his few non promotional tweets for his YouTube channel is a photo by Thomas Sowell, and he puts up trendy looking photos of his reading that he's doing and next to the books that he's critiquing he has books by von mises, Christina hoff summers and ayn rand. He presents as neutral but i have a feeling he's hiding his power levels and is a right wing libertarian dude.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2021, 11:06:55 PM »
This dude seems super suspicious. I checked his Twitter and his social media is super weird. One of his few non promotional tweets for his YouTube channel is a photo by Thomas Sowell, and he puts up trendy looking photos of his reading that he's doing and next to the books that he's critiquing he has books by von mises, Christina hoff summers and ayn rand. He presents as neutral but i have a feeling he's hiding his power levels and is a right wing libertarian dude.

About as possible as a lot of lefties hide their gulag shit. People are shit these days.

Slap’s Too Sensitive

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2021, 11:13:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

About as possible as a lot of lefties hide their gulag shit. People are shit these days.

Is anyone ever truly neutral though? You’re bound to veer closer to a particular side on a few issues at least…

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2021, 11:15:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah tankies are annoying but they're not trying to smuggle in communism, they're pretty open about being that. This guy is presenting as being "neutral" when he's clearly not

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2021, 02:11:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah tankies are annoying but they're not trying to smuggle in communism, they're pretty open about being that. This guy is presenting as being "neutral" when he's clearly not

Asking them about the Uyghurs or Holodomor on the other hand...

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2021, 02:34:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yepp, zero spine.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2565
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2021, 05:32:26 AM »

The fact that most of the YT CRT content comes from right wing sources is a pretty good indicator that it is just another bogeyman for these people. CRT is a niche academic subfield that doesn't have much or any influence on other fields. I think that within a year or even less the right will forget all about it and move on to something else to use as pretext for racism.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 551
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2021, 08:38:04 AM »
It‘s a difficult subject. Obviously the US and much of the rest of western culture is deeply rooted in racism. This aspect needs to be taught in schools.

What I don‘t like is critical whiteness. It is similar to male feminism. People mean well, but it doesn‘t help. It is always better to discuss structural forces and to provide the space for people to talk for themselves.

What a contradictory post. Sounds like you're afraid of the labels that might be associated with you should you choose to, uh, not be an asshole.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2021, 09:39:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Listen I'm not a member of the Soviet union defense squad, so let's not derail the thread when we're talking about critical race theory which I'm pretty sure it's specifically aimed at the US. Those things were bad, we all agree on that. My point is that this Chapman guy seems to not be on the level or an objective source on these things.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 09:57:15 AM by DaleSr »

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2021, 08:07:38 AM »
“Critical race theory” is a nonsense academic buzzword that was never uttered outside a privileged little liberal arts graduate seminar until like 18 months ago. Now it’s become a dumb ass boogeyman the same as previous dumb ass boogeymen like the “migrant caravan” or the “Obamacare death panels” (remember those?). I have a PhD and I work in higher education and I almost never heard about CRT until this fake “controversy” erupted.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2021, 01:32:45 PM »
I'm guessing sociology is the next discipline conservatives will attempt to cancel.  And, when then happens America won't be salvageable, it'll be gone.

Also, weren't conservatives recently lecturing the left about free speech on campus, about the importance of "just asking questions," government overreach, and how "cancel culture" is ruining America? No that can't be right as if they had believed those things they wouldn't be attempting to cancel an academic view point that questions American society via government legislation.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2021, 01:43:26 PM »
Id like to see the curriculum thats actually being taught

Banging in the Slammer

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2021, 04:05:33 AM »
“Critical race theory” is a nonsense academic buzzword that was never uttered outside a privileged little liberal arts graduate seminar until like 18 months ago. Now it’s become a dumb ass boogeyman the same as previous dumb ass boogeymen like the “migrant caravan” or the “Obamacare death panels” (remember those?). I have a PhD and I work in higher education and I almost never heard about CRT until this fake “controversy” erupted.

That totally makes sense! I kept hearing about CRT so I googled it. It doesn’t seem radical at all.

Remember the whole transgender bathrooms thing? Religious dads were threatening to assault trans women, even though kids are 1,000 times more likely to be preyed on by a priest. So fucking ironic

I think some people need to feel better than others because they have nothing else going for them

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2021, 11:05:56 PM »
What even is critical race theory these days?
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.