Author Topic: BATB12  (Read 306413 times)

ish_wav

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 93
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: BATB12
« Reply #150 on: June 18, 2021, 08:43:32 AM »
Expand Quote

the amount of carimus is disturbing..

The berries pushing Cariuma? well i am completely shocked. I never thought the berrics, who had a shoe model out with cariuma, would push people who skate in Cariumas. I’m just completely shocked.

Gabriel

• Rep: 12
    • website avatar image
« Reply #151 on: June 18, 2021, 08:44:16 AM »
this fucking sucks. i’m 22 and know who all these people are thanks to the bullshit algorithm you get on the instagram explore page just because you ‘like’ or follow skateboarders, but this is just sad. i don’t know want to know if burberry erry can beat johnny giger. i don’t want to know if john hill can beat aaron kyro. hell, i don’t care to hear what eric koston or steve berra have to say about anything. this shit fucking sucks and they are the ones that are gonna be responsible for what everyone thinks the olympics are gonna do to skating. i remember being 11/12 when i really cared about the berrics. it was cool seeing sean malto and prod play skate, it was cool knowing malto couldn’t heelflip because i couldn’t either and still can’t. i don’t care to see what someone can do in some yeezy crocs that the dude in cariumas can’t do. i don’t even know where i’m going with this. i’m at work pissed off that i can’t skate right now yet the shit i’m seeing on the internet is some fuck face from instagram and tiktok about to play skate at the berrics because for whatever reason someone in idaho gives a shit. fuck the berrics and fuck me for typing this

so wise

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #152 on: June 18, 2021, 09:19:27 AM »

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1137
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #153 on: June 18, 2021, 09:28:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
this fucking sucks. i’m 22 and know who all these people are thanks to the bullshit algorithm you get on the instagram explore page just because you ‘like’ or follow skateboarders, but this is just sad. i don’t know want to know if burberry erry can beat johnny giger. i don’t want to know if john hill can beat aaron kyro. hell, i don’t care to hear what eric koston or steve berra have to say about anything. this shit fucking sucks and they are the ones that are gonna be responsible for what everyone thinks the olympics are gonna do to skating. i remember being 11/12 when i really cared about the berrics. it was cool seeing sean malto and prod play skate, it was cool knowing malto couldn’t heelflip because i couldn’t either and still can’t. i don’t care to see what someone can do in some yeezy crocs that the dude in cariumas can’t do. i don’t even know where i’m going with this. i’m at work pissed off that i can’t skate right now yet the shit i’m seeing on the internet is some fuck face from instagram and tiktok about to play skate at the berrics because for whatever reason someone in idaho gives a shit. fuck the berrics and fuck me for typing this
[close]

then don't comment.  shut the fuck up
[close]
eat my ass you stupid bitch.
[close]

I feel like this with Youtube, all these shitty Youtubers keep appearing in my home screen even if I never watch them, just because I watch skateboarding videos. Some even have crazy amount of views, like more than Nike and Thrasher, and it's just a video of random whatever dudes skating, sometimes not even skating but random everyday shit, and I'm like who the fuck watches this?
that’s the conversation my friends and i always seem to have. those videos (you know what i’m saying, i can’t even begin to try to specify what kind they are) come up with like 600k+ views and it’s like who are these people that watch this? who are the people in the videos? it’s so weird dude

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #154 on: June 18, 2021, 09:33:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jeron Wilson, Kelly and Chris from 9 Club are confirmed then? They mentioned on last episode.

Expand Quote
I've seen a lot of YT comments saying how John Hill will go far, but I don't know... I've never seen him do a hardflip back 180 or whatever that trick everyone does is.
[close]

He's pretty average in both flatground and everything else - especially if you consider "he's a pro". Maybe he can beat one or two influencers, but he will get skunked eventually.

Let's see if he'll pay the Berrics 10,000 dollars.
[close]
Said he's not doing it, told them no apparently but they still announced him.

[close]

How funny is that. Some of the influencers realized they don't need berrics as much as berrics needs them. Good for them.
[close]

this is the funniest part to me. This feels like a really weird "gotcha" attempt by Berra but it's really more of a self-own. I just checked and that Andy Shrock guy alone has like 4 times the number of subs that The Berrics has.

Well yeah, but not even Berra stoops low enough to extort his kids by posting videos of them playing with Legos…

conqueso

« Reply #155 on: June 18, 2021, 09:35:04 AM »
no shit I agree.
if you think these companies aren't paying for heavy promotion on IG you are a damn fool

konston should be ashamed of himself

PrettyRicki

• Rep: 10
  • Symmetrical boards <3
« Reply #156 on: June 18, 2021, 09:46:30 AM »
Why would Hill offer to add $10k to the prize pool if they add him and then back out? What a kook move regardless of how you feel about Berrics.

I really don't understand a lot of the hate here but whatever. I'll probably try watching the videos and if they're lame or cringe, I'll turn them off.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #157 on: June 18, 2021, 09:47:24 AM »
Yeah, it's not just the algorithm that promotes garbage it is the pay to play aspect of YouTube, IG, whatever.

The algorithm used to actually show me shit that was related to what I was watching (i.e. if I was watching skate videos from Buffalo YouTube would produce suggestions of other skate videos from Buffalo or if I was listening to Scarface it would produce Scarface or Geto Boys suggestions... Now, I get suggestions for Kyro's garbage or some stupid ass Drake song).

Everything has always been biased, pay to play, etc. but the guys doing the filtering weren't complete kooks. Thrasher/Phelps did some sketchy shit in the past, but I'll take that over some YouTube asshole pushing Kyro (or whatever horrid idea borra is pushing) because it'll appeal to 10 year olds and soccer moms/dads who get offended by everything.

The internet is barely different than traditional media. Slightly different practices, but the same lame ass way if thinking. Zumiez will always be more popular than the local shop and Kyro's garbage will always get more views than real skate footage. Any asshole can walk into Zumiez or turn on Kyro and understand it, real shops and real videos take knowledge and good taste to understand, something most people don't have and aren't going to work for.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #158 on: June 18, 2021, 09:47:39 AM »
Stoked on Dylan Jaeb being in this though. Kid has amazing style

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 652
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #159 on: June 18, 2021, 09:51:48 AM »
not sure why i felt the need to post this here but the pandemic really has had me thinking like "fuck ALL these skateparks"
the scene at skateparks in my area is super super kooky. i am finding i dont even really have much in common with most skateboarders, they seem to be on the same wavelength of scooters with cariuma or w/e
actually seems like i have more in common with BMXer or Rollerblader - i actually give props to still see someone out doing those now because they are such a dying breed (maybe not so mcuh BMX but i think it has survived a lot of highs and lows like skating and maybe has finally found a good grassroots medium idk, i dont know shit about BMX)

i dont mean to be too "out there" but like i am kinda over people telling me how + where to skate
for awhile i was just lazy and the ground is perfect, you dont get kicked out, sure it is easy to fall into complacency
when you actually go and create your own spot and be the first person to ever put trucks on it is a really amazing feeling. no skatepark will ever bring you that feeling.

most of the time i just want to skate a curb, and most parks dont even have one. its not scary and its probably the most fun thing you can do and has lower chance of getting bodied on than a QP or stair set or rail. i can even have pretty good fun on flat ground without doing a single flip trick - just all variation of shove it and bigspin and bs and fs 360 can keep me going a long time too. most skateparks lack flat ground space too.

anyway i am just grateful to be able to do this still and realize theres lot of peopel who cant evne roll 5 feet without fallin off, theres a lot of interesting skateboarding that can be done still that doesnt really involve progressive stuff or risking your life or your walking / future skating.  sorry this has nothingto with BATB 12. i watched the first maybe two or three BATB with great anticipation as it was something i was really stoked to see and now i realize like 15 years later or w/e the direction this shit is going in is pretty lame i sohuld have seen it then
ONTARIO CANADA

so HSU me

• Rep: -2
« Reply #160 on: June 18, 2021, 10:49:56 AM »
what the hell is this $10k and john hill about?

PrettyRicki

• Symmetrical boards <3
« Reply #161 on: June 18, 2021, 10:54:34 AM »
what the hell is this $10k and john hill about?

When they were introducing John Hill in the influencers video, they showed a comment that he made offering $10k if they put him in BATB. When they put him in, he declined because he isn't in the headspace for it.

It's crazy that Berrics would set up a bracket without even confirming if people were going to be there.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #162 on: June 18, 2021, 11:09:54 AM »
Anyone else noticed they changes the title of the "Influencers" video to "Community"

cilantro

• Rep: 44
  • human bean
« Reply #163 on: June 18, 2021, 11:28:32 AM »
Yo two of the texas homies are on this list! Honestly won’t watch but cool way to find out

TheDingus

« Reply #164 on: June 18, 2021, 11:39:09 AM »
Yo two of the texas homies are on this list! Honestly won’t watch but cool way to find out

Wonder if your homies even know they’re in it.
When is hypebeast going to finally pull the plug on berrics? Or do they own a part of cariuma too?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #165 on: June 18, 2021, 11:39:59 AM »

So you'll go in blind to watch an announcement video and follow a thread about it but you won't actually watch your friends?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #166 on: June 18, 2021, 11:56:02 AM »
Does Chase still film for them?  Haven't been on their channel in a long time now

PrettyRicki

• Symmetrical boards <3
« Reply #167 on: June 18, 2021, 12:00:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So you'll go in blind to watch an announcement video and follow a thread about it but you won't actually watch your friends?

Hahaha seriously, people just like the drama and to hate on something apparently. I'd be bummed if my homies couldn't be bothered to watch my game if I made into the biggest S.K.A.T.E. competition. Either that or the people are trying to be cool by saying they won't watch, but they'll end up watching when the videos come out.

Lisa96

« Reply #168 on: June 18, 2021, 12:56:12 PM »
trevor colden went from nike pro to cariuma flow

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #169 on: June 18, 2021, 02:08:07 PM »
Oh man, I must be out of touch, cuz besides like three people I have no clue who any of those ams, or “Joes”, are in that bracket. So many of those names I’m looking at and just scratching my head and asking myself “wait, who?”
At this point I recognize more of the names from the influencers bracket than the Joes bracket, as embarrassing as it is for me to say.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #170 on: June 18, 2021, 02:29:43 PM »
Oh man, I must be out of touch, cuz besides like three people I have no clue who any of those ams, or “Joes”, are in that bracket. So many of those names I’m looking at and just scratching my head and asking myself “wait, who?”
At this point I recognize more of the names from the influencers bracket than the Joes bracket, as embarrassing as it is for me to say.
That's sort of the point of Joes?

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #171 on: June 18, 2021, 02:51:16 PM »
The Joes are mostly Bryte and Curiuma skaters

ish_wav

• Rep: 93
« Reply #172 on: June 18, 2021, 02:53:08 PM »
Anyone else noticed they changes the title of the "Influencers" video to "Community"

“Community” is the theme of the entire BATB12

Welpok

• Rep: 11
« Reply #173 on: June 18, 2021, 04:12:29 PM »
I was thinking the same things. I was bummed about that.
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #174 on: June 18, 2021, 04:36:25 PM »
^
This is the answer to all your questions:

The Joes are mostly Bryte and Curiuma skaters

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #175 on: June 18, 2021, 04:38:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That's sort of the point of Joes?
They said the “Joe’s” moniker is just their fancy name for their am’s bracket. So these are all supposedly am’s, not actual “joes” (like some random guy named Mike or something from Nebraska who they found through IG that has like 100 followers, what I would think when I hear the term “Joe”). I’ve heard of a good amount of ams out today, but I definitely never heard of most of these dudes, hence the “out of touch” jab I took at myself.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #176 on: June 18, 2021, 04:43:39 PM »
^ See above. This is just the Borracs pushing their own crew and product, doesn’t mean these people are in any way relevant in a wider sense. Let me rephrase that: this means these people are not relevant in any wider sense.

rukes

• Rep: 211
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #177 on: June 18, 2021, 05:18:29 PM »
But none of their name are actually Joe or Joseph or Joey Jo Jo, so I guess I am just really confused why they are called the 'Joes'
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 940
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #178 on: June 18, 2021, 06:15:57 PM »
So while I doubt they will really let 'us' vote for pros/icons (surely they've picked already)

We can assume:

Ladd
Joslin
Prod
Luan
Cole
O'Neill
Mo
Koston, doing his shitheel antics shtick with pressure flips
Asta
Ishod
Gustavo
A McClung

I'd like to see Haslam in there.

BATB12=https://youtu.be/t7hNsuLj3PQ
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 06:23:58 PM by Xen »

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #179 on: June 18, 2021, 06:51:41 PM »
Watching those videos got me thinking what’s a good antonym for charisma. A quick Google search points to the word obnoxious which is close, but not quite right. Then I started wondering if the sudden rise in popularity in the word cringe as an adjective is because there just aren’t that many words to describe this kind of anti-charisma.