Author Topic: BATB12  (Read 306332 times)

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
Re: BATB12
« Reply #2280 on: November 06, 2021, 08:25:20 PM »
I haven't taken much notice of JE. What a truly disgusting style.
Hurts the eyes watching. What is up with that weird twitchy awkward wind up action with his arms before every trick?! Rather watch Sean Davis powersliding all over the place   

InternetDaddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #2281 on: November 06, 2021, 09:08:35 PM »
Shit, I have never noticed the pants pull (I can't stand that shit, get a better fit so you don't have to spend cycles on that); now I can't unsee that now...such an abhorrent way of skating...and that arm fling he does too.

Also, how to look worse wearing Cariuma shoes? Wear no show sock with short pants.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i like it when berra says the impossibles have to wrap, jagger does an "impossible" doesn't wrap, and berra is like "yea, its good!"
[close]

[close]

Gross. While it wasn't wrapped, I can see how from Uncle Berra's POV/that side of the trick, it might have looked proper.

They way he skates...he looks like he hasn't skated in years and is just stepping on the board (not counting the makes of course).
I had that same thought, he skates flat like someone who used to be really good and still kinda remembers what to do but it's been years. Down to being shocked on the bigspin and going "was that it??" The pants hiking before every trick drove me nuts, if you have to adjust that much then you're wearing the wrong pants.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

companguero

• Rep: 247
  • sesquipedalian
« Reply #2282 on: November 06, 2021, 11:04:24 PM »

back. foot. catch. giving me the vapors

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

pops

• Rep: 218
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2283 on: November 06, 2021, 11:18:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Dashawn is so good
[close]

Dashawn's flat ground is knock out gorgeous. Powerful but his movement is reserved in a graceful way.
Going to watch this  part again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9iDVQCeyBY

Sorry for going off topic but... This part, while it is gnarly, I find it distressing and I dislike it. Not meaning to hate on Dashawn or anything, but he is not the type skater I could ever see on Toy Machine. Also, that song flashbacks Trapasso's Stj part way too much and does not go well with Dashawn's skating. But that aside, Dashawn's flat ground game is on point. I hope he goes far in this.

zozu

• Rep: 122
« Reply #2284 on: November 07, 2021, 12:41:35 AM »
could see Dashawn win it

goeatsomefriedbread

• Rep: 257
« Reply #2285 on: November 07, 2021, 03:44:02 AM »
I found that kinda hard to watch, that guy skates like if you ordered Luan's arm steez off Wish.com

Loady McGee

• Rep: 55
« Reply #2286 on: November 07, 2021, 05:13:18 AM »
My picks for the final is Dashawn and Prod.

Yeah, that's my pick too. But I hope we're wrong and we get to see Ronnie Creager win the whole damn thing. But at this pace, all of the contestants will be in retirement homes by the time of the final.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2287 on: November 07, 2021, 05:17:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dashawn is so good
[close]

Dashawn's flat ground is knock out gorgeous. Powerful but his movement is reserved in a graceful way.
Going to watch this  part again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9iDVQCeyBY
[close]

Sorry for going off topic but... This part, while it is gnarly, I find it distressing and I dislike it. Not meaning to hate on Dashawn or anything, but he is not the type skater I could ever see on Toy Machine. Also, that song flashbacks Trapasso's Stj part way too much and does not go well with Dashawn's skating. But that aside, Dashawn's flat ground game is on point. I hope he goes far in this.

That part is distressingly good.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

HisNameIsntWarren

• Rep: 48
« Reply #2288 on: November 07, 2021, 08:03:09 AM »
I like Dashawn’s skating as much as the next guy (also not a fan of him on Toy tho) but y’all are tripping if u think he’s even near the same weight class as some of the flat ground GOATS like Cole, Luan, Shane, Prod or Joslin.

Welcome to the OC bitch! This is how it’s done in Orange County.

Loady McGee

• Rep: 55
« Reply #2289 on: November 07, 2021, 09:09:42 AM »
I like Dashawn’s skating as much as the next guy (also not a fan of him on Toy tho) but y’all are tripping if u think he’s even near the same weight class as some of the flat ground GOATS like Cole, Luan, Shane, Prod or Joslin.
I wouldn't count on Cole in this BATB. You saw his game against Billy Marks. It was basically a battle for the loss. Billy "won" that one and got to go home. Cole will deliberately lose his next match so he too can escape this shitshow.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2155
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #2290 on: November 07, 2021, 11:57:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I wouldn't count on Cole in this BATB. You saw his game against Billy Marks. It was basically a battle for the loss. Billy "won" that one and got to go home. Cole will deliberately lose his next match so he too can escape this shitshow.
Would be kinda funny if he got a spontaneous call about some emergent domestic situation in the middle of his game also, as well, too.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

chrisskates808

« Reply #2291 on: November 07, 2021, 01:53:27 PM »
https://youtu.be/orxpu2_JXoU

I don’t know if anybody posted this but I already had a feeling that someone was going to call out Jagger’s “impossible.”

HowMakeBoardFlip

• Rep: -4
« Reply #2292 on: November 07, 2021, 04:06:33 PM »
Not about to go back and check, but is that 100% of cariuma-affiliated guys wearing the exact same giant-white-logo on black t-shirt so far? I get skaters being required to rep the brand and all that, but do they not make any other t-shirt variations?

Also just realized that I rarely see a RedBull/Monster t-shirt, it's always a hat or beanie. Do these companies have an agreement for exclusive rights to t-shirt real estate vs headwear? Any industry insiders pls shed some light...

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #2293 on: November 07, 2021, 05:42:52 PM »
Wow, Jagger is absolutely disgusting to watch skate flat.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
« Reply #2294 on: November 07, 2021, 06:25:52 PM »

I don’t know if anybody posted this but I already had a feeling that someone was going to call out Jagger’s “impossible.”

What the fuck is this shit?

HowMakeBoardFlip

• Rep: -4
« Reply #2295 on: November 07, 2021, 11:49:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What the fuck is this shit?

It's what happens when you order GiftedHater content from wish.com

dannyprovolone

« Reply #2296 on: November 08, 2021, 02:41:02 AM »
Gifted Hater is weak though. He makes more videos staning for things than hating. I’ll take robot voice guy

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #2297 on: November 08, 2021, 02:50:00 AM »
these videos about batb12 are embarassing. The Battle at the berrics content ecosystem is pure trash (exept Gifted because he knows when to move on).
Sur Jagger is not great but imagine making a video live commenting his every moves and words.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 02:58:05 AM by dallou »

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #2298 on: November 08, 2021, 02:52:07 AM »
Not about to go back and check, but is that 100% of cariuma-affiliated guys wearing the exact same giant-white-logo on black t-shirt so far? I get skaters being required to rep the brand and all that, but do they not make any other t-shirt variations?

Also just realized that I rarely see a RedBull/Monster t-shirt, it's always a hat or beanie. Do these companies have an agreement for exclusive rights to t-shirt real estate vs headwear? Any industry insiders pls shed some light...

IIRC TJ Rogers talks about that topic in his last Nine Club thing. Something about shirts, hats, pants, Redbull stickers/patches

Edit: around 1h20 in ep. 201
Redbull shirts do exist but they are too slim
He says he was not feeling the caps anymore at one point. They settled for not having him wear the hat 24/7 by putting a patch on his pants
not 100% sure but it seems you must wear the hat at specific events still

might be a conspiracy in some gifted hater video talking about cariumas / BATB or TAMPA and how they might share ad space...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 03:24:57 AM by BALARGUE »

hotdogsweatpants

• Rep: 67
« Reply #2299 on: November 08, 2021, 03:47:25 AM »

Monster does patches that can be attached to any clothing.  Some more respectable skaters with energy drink sponsors, such as Ishod, normally have the patch on their top or pants during contests.  For example, Ishod has the patch on the blue oxford shirt he is wearing in SLS Unsanctioned 2.
The pant situation is out of control at this point

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #2300 on: November 08, 2021, 03:49:01 AM »
these videos about batb12 are embarassing. The Battle at the berrics content ecosystem is pure trash (exept Gifted because he knows when to move on).
Sur Jagger is not great but imagine making a video live commenting his every moves and words.

…a 12 min video about one trick.  The part when he says he stomped the shove all bolts gave me the worst cringe

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #2301 on: November 08, 2021, 05:03:34 AM »

Come on dude don't be facetious, plenty of them were wearing black logos on white Ts
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #2302 on: November 08, 2021, 05:39:29 AM »

If there's one thing skateboarders are really bad at it's knowing when something doesn't need to exist in the universe. I expect there to be dozens of unoriginal Gifted Hater ripoff attempts in the near future just like there's 6 million shitty meme and repost instagram accounts
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Donatello

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2303 on: November 08, 2021, 05:41:18 AM »
 Man Jagger's style is ugly as fuck. Especially when compared with Dashawn's.

mariolopez

• Rep: -22
« Reply #2304 on: November 08, 2021, 05:42:25 AM »
wow dashaun was on point, I didnt know he was that good.

nickpaolucci

« Reply #2305 on: November 08, 2021, 06:06:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If there's one thing skateboarders are really bad at it's knowing when something doesn't need to exist in the universe. I expect there to be dozens of unoriginal Gifted Hater ripoff attempts in the near future just like there's 6 million shitty meme and repost instagram accounts

case in point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ej5rDfxF1A

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #2306 on: November 08, 2021, 06:26:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nah its not just skateboarders i cant tell you how many mini documentary/ true crime you tubers i come across who all sound the same.

At least with gifted hater he uses the live twitch angle and can actually flip his board

WavyDavy

• Rep: 129
« Reply #2307 on: November 08, 2021, 06:31:49 AM »
Wasn't gifter hater in the beginning a TikTok guy?

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #2308 on: November 08, 2021, 07:06:07 AM »
Expand Quote
I haven't taken much notice of JE. What a truly disgusting style.
[close]
Hurts the eyes watching. What is up with that weird twitchy awkward wind up action with his arms before every trick?! Rather watch Sean Davis powersliding all over the place

Almost looks like there’s frames missing or something. Dudes gross.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #2309 on: November 08, 2021, 08:50:23 AM »
Jagger is really rough on the eyes.