Author Topic: BATB12  (Read 306321 times)

Mother Goose.

Re: BATB12
« Reply #2700 on: January 16, 2022, 01:05:55 PM »
I feel bad for ribsman

veritas

« Reply #2701 on: January 16, 2022, 01:09:05 PM »
Not watching this but im willing to bet its Mike V doing various twirls, dipsy doodles and skateboard gymnastics. The kid from Baker will probably do a 360 flip while not showering and light a joint.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2702 on: January 16, 2022, 01:30:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I immediately thought Tyson Peterson as well when they first said his name, and I thought "This could be an interesting game." But then it was the same Cariuma dude we already saw play a round...   I don't get it.  Why not actually get Ray Barbee or Jason Lee??   How about some real entertainment?
[close]
I don't think Jason Lee is allowed back into the berrics since he left scientology.
[close]

I remember when jason lee came back to skateboarding (also mentioned is Gershon 9club), berra was posting all sorts of his shit of jason lee.  I haven’t seen jason lee’s Instagram in a long time, is he still skating.  I seen dune still hitting up red curbs a lot and will post pics of him a jason working on stereo shit
[close]
last i checked he was skating curbs with his son in a parking lot and did a trick in his house. that was a few months ago and i don’t remember when those were posted

Yeah, I’d assume he’s still skating. Seems like he’s living his dream. He and his son have the same backside 180’s.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

BL0B

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 412
« Reply #2703 on: January 16, 2022, 01:30:52 PM »
has anyone asked the percentage of Berriuma shoes per battle is yet? seems like at least one pair per battle?

Logic

• Rep: 35
« Reply #2704 on: January 16, 2022, 01:32:05 PM »
Not watching this but im willing to bet its Mike V doing various twirls, dipsy doodles and skateboard gymnastics. The kid from Baker will probably do a 360 flip while not showering and light a joint.

Pretty much just a staged event for showcasing both their skills, although I have to admit Mike V's wallride to back into transition caught me off guard.

conqueso

« Reply #2705 on: January 16, 2022, 01:35:03 PM »

nailed it

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #2706 on: January 16, 2022, 03:44:02 PM »
took me a minute to realize that's Tyson Peterson ha ha

A few years ago Tyler Peterson briefly tried to go by Tyler Jeremy instead to avoid any confusion with the Baker pro.

…I can't believe that's the kind of skate fact I have in my head.

chihuahuadad2000

• Rep: 26
« Reply #2707 on: January 16, 2022, 05:08:05 PM »
This seemed like cariuma propaganda to me…

ilchymis

• Rep: -8
« Reply #2708 on: January 16, 2022, 06:47:41 PM »
Was ribs man even an actual skater or just various dudes in a costume? I feel like Mike V's apathy and irritation weren't scripted, it was good to see how irritated these pros are.

"I'm not gonna call Tony Hawk. You wanna call Tony?"

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2709 on: January 16, 2022, 07:10:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pretty much just a staged event for showcasing both their skills, although I have to admit Mike V's wallride to back into transition caught me off guard.
glad to see Mike V still looking very comfortable on the board, I didn't think he was skating so much these days.
he was also pretty close to landing the first big spin kickflip he tried too!
(but yeah, disgusting cariuma funded paid advertisement disguised as a game of skate)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #2710 on: January 20, 2022, 03:01:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
took me a minute to realize that's Tyson Peterson ha ha

A few years ago Tyler Peterson briefly tried to go by Tyler Jeremy instead to avoid any confusion with the Baker pro.

…I can't believe that's the kind of skate fact I have in my head.

Tyson is a boss level Florida Man tho. I feel like there’s no other like him
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #2711 on: January 20, 2022, 03:29:58 PM »

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #2712 on: January 21, 2022, 03:03:54 PM »
As others noted..

-why was Mike able to skate the park?
-why was Tyler Peterson added to the bracket twice, despite the obvious that he’s Borra’s shill

Haven’t been watching this much anyway for obvious reasons, but why would anyone want to tune into a staged contest??

Shut it down or get Berra out of there

chrisskates808

« Reply #2713 on: February 01, 2022, 08:51:27 AM »
Totally forgot about batb12

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2714 on: February 01, 2022, 11:03:06 AM »

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #2715 on: February 02, 2022, 07:53:17 AM »
They haven't had a legitimate game in over two months! Last four games were Mike mo coming back in disguise, a faked Crob vs Kelly Hart match, Luan skating against himself, and whatever that Mike V monstrosity was.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 101
« Reply #2716 on: February 02, 2022, 07:54:46 AM »

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #2717 on: February 03, 2022, 01:41:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Totally forgot about batb12
[close]
So did they

To be fair Omicron was kicking a lot of ass last month in LA

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #2718 on: February 03, 2022, 01:49:22 PM »
It's almost like it was a bad idea to do a long, drawn-out, extended contest during the course of a global pandemic.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #2719 on: February 03, 2022, 02:06:52 PM »
It's almost like it was a bad idea to do a long, drawn-out, extended contest during the course of a global pandemic.
Yeah, The Berrics have so damaged their reputation that they couldn't go back to the style of the early ones. Just get top pros in California and have them play casually. But, I feel every since they put money on the line, and then brought in the Joes who played to win with circus tricks, it hasn't been the same. Like, I don't care if this skatepark kid can triple dolphin flip. I'd rather watch some established pro do some sick popped flat ground, against another pro who can do the same. Not some youtube kid chasing rep cause he beat Chris Cole.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #2720 on: February 03, 2022, 06:57:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah, The Berrics have so damaged their reputation that they couldn't go back to the style of the early ones. Just get top pros in California and have them play casually. But, I feel every since they put money on the line, and then brought in the Joes who played to win with circus tricks, it hasn't been the same. Like, I don't care if this skatepark kid can triple dolphin flip. I'd rather watch some established pro do some sick popped flat ground, against another pro who can do the same. Not some youtube kid chasing rep cause he beat Chris Cole.

Kelly mentioned that skaters dont get paid on batb, and that maybe the top 3 winners get something

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2721 on: February 03, 2022, 08:15:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qck_y2FaP_E&ab_channel=TheBerrics

Wash the bad taste of BATB 12 out with Luan killing it but ultimately losing to Cody Cepeda. Gassed out hard towards the end, but a flatground 540 is something else.
[close]

Talk about contrast between skaters. Luan pops everything perfect, fast and 3 feet off the ground. Cody cepeda is out there just mowing the lawn and burning worms. All whilst going as slow as you can go on a skateboard.
[close]
cody cepeda is like a sloth on a skateboard, cant stand it

What's so bad about sloths? I love those little guys

chrisskates808

« Reply #2722 on: February 07, 2022, 05:45:43 PM »
Well there hasn’t been a batb12 game for the last 3 weeks. Might as well not exist anymore
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 05:53:13 PM by chrisskates808 »

Space Cowboy

• Rep: 69
« Reply #2723 on: February 07, 2022, 05:50:46 PM »
Well there hasn’t been at batb12 games for the last 3 weeks. Might as well not exist anymore

At this rate the finals wont be for another year, there is still around 28 games that need to take place before finals...

chrisskates808

« Reply #2724 on: February 07, 2022, 05:54:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Well there hasn’t been at batb12 games for the last 3 weeks. Might as well not exist anymore
[close]

At this rate the finals wont be for another year, there is still around 28 games that need to take place before finals...

Batb12 is boring at this point. I think it’s they were making it quite frequent where the fun disappears.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #2725 on: February 07, 2022, 06:00:37 PM »
only a matter of time before berra declares cariuma skateboard legend mike V the undisputed winner

he will then show his dominance in a 90 minute victory speech, letting us all know this was 'meant to be' and that he is THE alpha male skateboarder

OldSkater

« Reply #2726 on: February 09, 2022, 04:28:04 AM »
only a matter of time before berra declares cariuma skateboard legend mike V the undisputed winner

he will then show his dominance in a 90 minute victory speech, letting us all know this was 'meant to be' and that he is THE alpha male skateboarder

i know this was posted in the car thread but somehow i feel like it belongs here too

Ambient Johnny

• Rep: -14
« Reply #2727 on: February 09, 2022, 07:54:17 AM »
Who knew never playing metal or having anything to do with the metal scene in any shape or form, along with writing terrible poetry, made you the "most metal" in skateboarding.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2728 on: February 09, 2022, 08:40:13 AM »
Well there hasn’t been a batb12 game for the last 3 weeks. Might as well not exist anymore

Or a new Beagle Tapes, what’s up with that? Used to be so consistent.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

OldSkater

« Reply #2729 on: February 09, 2022, 01:54:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Or a new Beagle Tapes, what’s up with that? Used to be so consistent.

always forgive beagle, never forgive berra