Author Topic: BATB12  (Read 306323 times)

Sick_McCrank_

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -480
Re: BATB12
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2021, 08:15:11 PM »
Schrokk Vs griffin? LOL
Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2021, 08:42:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
They letting CK in this?  Can’t be bothered to investigate further due to that influencer video.
[close]

That would be awesome but it most likely isn’t happening. He definitely wrote the Berries off years ago.
[close]

Why would he have beef with the Berrics though?

I don’t think there’s beef, he just stopped taking anything that goes on in that place seriously years and years ago

Grip Jobs

« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2021, 09:01:08 PM »
They letting CK in this?  Can’t be bothered to investigate further due to that influencer video.

I think he’s gotta chill around his house for a year or so

Sidewalk Funk.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2021, 09:10:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think he’s gotta chill around his house for a year or so

Yeah, even though he is out of jail there are still restrictions in place regarding his ability to travel/leave his area.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing who is in the "icon" bracket and seeing them play each other.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 565
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2021, 04:38:24 AM »
only whack pros can accept to take part in this, right ?
RIGHT ?

ineedthis

• Rep: -39
« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2021, 04:59:26 AM »
Fuck influencers.. jesus Berrics how desperate are you for a social media bonus points boost. Have it all pros, no fucking sex change late flip bullshit either. Arto Saari was the best thing that happened to the BATB.. he didnt even win a game but he popped his tricks like a real man.

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2021, 05:14:33 AM »
They should use the same bracket from BATB 1. See how different the turnout is 12 years later.

nickpaolucci

« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2021, 05:46:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think he’s gotta chill around his house private island for a year or so

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2021, 06:02:21 AM »
Whole buncha circus tricks bout to pop off

fortunecattlesteakhouse

• Rep: 91
« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2021, 06:03:05 AM »
brazen corn dance of parasites. only sk9r not present is mickey mouse

Stoked for Spencer Barton. His videos are pretty cool.
how embarrassing

DirtyCheddarKids

• Rep: 40
« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2021, 06:16:39 AM »
I always hated it when people replied with "Who?" on a thread, but looking at the influencers bracket finally convinced me there is a place and time for this reply.

who?
Quote from: Uncle Flea
4 shoes is impressive AF. I could barely sell drugs.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2021, 07:00:02 AM »
I'll say it,

this is going to be really entertaining.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2021, 08:27:38 AM »
Jonny is the  only “influencer” that I care about (Hell I don’t even know who half of them are) and probably the one who has the best chance to win.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2021, 08:52:15 AM »
I saw a pair of cariumas in the wild today. I blame this.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2021, 09:13:32 AM »

A friend/acquaintance of mine was telling me recently that he was planning on getting a pair. Very lame

HisNameIsntWarren

• Rep: 48
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2021, 10:00:52 AM »
Weck was made for this wtf. Is there beef there or something?

Welcome to the OC bitch! This is how it’s done in Orange County.

fortunecattlesteakhouse

• Rep: 91
« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2021, 10:01:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A friend/acquaintance of mine was telling me recently that he was planning on getting a pair. Very lame
gino memes geared towards 30+ year olds arent cutting it -we must educate the youth and increase onsite bullying of patrons

john hill face

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2021, 10:26:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
gino memes geared towards 30+ year olds arent cutting it -we must educate the youth and increase onsite bullying of patrons

john hill face

Like this?
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2021, 10:40:03 AM »
the only guy i really follow from there is Jamie Griffin from Ireland, he can do some pretty insane stuff. i am pretty hype on him because he skated this like 4x4 space in a garage and got pretty damn good just skating that small ass space like zero speed. half the time just skating on a deck with no trucks. but from what i understand those tricks take him hours and hours worth of tries. im sure he has some really nice go-to's, but i dont think it necessarily means you have the nerves, strategy, etc. to win this tournament. i thought donovan was going to do relaly well in the berrics because some of the difficult tricks he could do but then when it came down to it he had zero consistency. he acutally looked super wack, bodied in the first game.

that guy who won pros vs joes is probably my favorite to win. he has exactly the right mentality + strategy, the consistentcy, and the really difficult tricks to back it up. that being said he is super boring to watch lol!

id actually rather just see a game against pros like before!

i actually think the game would be much more interesting if you were forced to do the tricks on a bank, or over a small gap, instead of on pure flat. pure flat opens up too much stupid stuff. if you were forced to ride above a certain height on the bank that would force you to go faster etc. its not really fair some guys are absolutely crawling and the other guys are flying etc. or if you are forced to go over a gap obviously same thing happens. this alone would definintely seperate pros vs joes .

for a PRO game i think that is reasonable. im not a big fan of the LEDGE vs GRIND or whatever the fuck its called because adding the ledge in adds too much chance for variation of a single grind. its like you can do back tail, back tail fakie, back tail shove, back tail front shove, and if the other guy doenst have back tail thats 4 letters done, and really you only had 1 trick over the other guy, those variations dont really tack on much extra difficulty at all.

it also just draws the game out like crazy. i wouldnt mind introducing a rule where after 5 makes in a row maybe, its the other guys turn to set, to force people from just wasting time with easy tricks. this would be a simple rule addition they could add to existing ruleset with pretty minimal intrusion.
ONTARIO CANADA

TheDingus

« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2021, 11:03:09 AM »
A true piece of shit in the making. What self respecting real pros would say yes to this?

NorthShore

• Rep: 5
« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2021, 11:09:54 AM »
Wait, let me get this straight: So the Semi Final will be the top guy in Pros VS. the top guy in Joes and on the other side it's the Top Influencer VS Top Icon?

And the winner of each will go into the final?

Isn't there a high likelihood that the pros will smoke everyone in their path? And that all the qualifier battles in pros will be tougher match-ups than the semi final and final?

What is your take?

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #111 on: June 17, 2021, 11:20:27 AM »
the berrics is MSNBC of skateboarding.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2021, 11:21:53 AM »
Wait, let me get this straight: So the Semi Final will be the top guy in Pros VS. the top guy in Joes and on the other side it's the Top Influencer VS Top Icon?

And the winner of each will go into the final?

Isn't there a high likelihood that the pros will smoke everyone in their path? And that all the qualifier battles in pros will be tougher match-ups than the semi final and final?

What is your take?

I actually think the Joes bracket is the hardest + favorite to win. in the last "pro' s joes", some guy from like ;like bumfuck michigan just did a bunch of switch double flip variations and took out Luan Oliveria in 5 straight letters. the joes dont have to worry about actually having a career and doing cool stuff - they can just focus on the acutal game, they dont have any obligation to uphold a certain style or anything like that or make the tricks look good. pros DO.

they acutally should have stuck the JOES with the INFLUENCERS  and the PROs with the ICONS because that creates the most hype final - clearly the toughest 2 brackets are the Pros and Joes without a doubt - they shouldnt be made to square off before the finals...
ONTARIO CANADA

nickpaolucci

« Reply #113 on: June 17, 2021, 11:31:02 AM »
the only guy i really follow from there is Jamie Griffin from Ireland, he can do some pretty insane stuff. i am pretty hype on him because he skated this like 4x4 space in a garage and got pretty damn good just skating that small ass space like zero speed. half the time just skating on a deck with no trucks. but from what i understand those tricks take him hours and hours worth of tries. im sure he has some really nice go-to's, but i dont think it necessarily means you have the nerves, strategy, etc. to win this tournament. i thought donovan was going to do relaly well in the berrics because some of the difficult tricks he could do but then when it came down to it he had zero consistency. he acutally looked super wack, bodied in the first game.

that guy who won pros vs joes is probably my favorite to win. he has exactly the right mentality + strategy, the consistentcy, and the really difficult tricks to back it up. that being said he is super boring to watch lol!

i actually think the game would be much more interesting if you were forced to do the tricks on a bank, or over a small gap, instead of on pure flat. pure flat opens up too much stupid stuff. if you were forced to ride above a certain height on the bank that would force you to go faster etc. its not really fair some guys are absolutely crawling and the other guys are flying etc. or if you are forced to go over a gap obviously same thing happens. this alone would definintely seperate pros vs joes .

for a PRO game i think that is reasonable. im not a big fan of the LEDGE vs GRIND or whatever the fuck its called because adding the ledge in adds too much chance for variation of a single grind. its like you can do back tail, back tail fakie, back tail shove, back tail front shove, and if the other guy doenst have back tail thats 4 letters done, and really you only had 1 trick over the other guy, those variations dont really tack on much extra difficulty at all.

it also just draws the game out like crazy. i wouldnt mind introducing a rule where after 5 makes in a row maybe, its the other guys turn to set, to force people from just wasting time with easy tricks. this would be a simple rule addition they could add to existing ruleset with pretty minimal intrusion.

this should get you hyped as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1iNhYyRxns

QixHexagon

• Rep: 31
« Reply #114 on: June 17, 2021, 11:57:11 AM »
Jeron Wilson, Kelly and Chris from 9 Club are confirmed then? They mentioned on last episode.

I've seen a lot of YT comments saying how John Hill will go far, but I don't know... I've never seen him do a hardflip back 180 or whatever that trick everyone does is.

He's pretty average in both flatground and everything else - especially if you consider "he's a pro". Maybe he can beat one or two influencers, but he will get skunked eventually.

Let's see if he'll pay the Berrics 10,000 dollars.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #115 on: June 17, 2021, 12:57:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

this should get you hyped as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1iNhYyRxns

aw man i been well versed in the falcon man! i have been on slap for a long time lol since well before even this video was made

lol if you havent seen jamie griffin tho its like absolute poverty the situaion this guy was sakting in and he made the best of it. lol not quite the picture i was triyng to paint with that comment lol but always down for a falcon sesh <3  ;D
ONTARIO CANADA

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #116 on: June 17, 2021, 03:06:48 PM »

You talking about Slides & Grinds? Did you actually watched it? One of the rules is that you actually need to alternate between slides and grinds when setting up the trick so what you said doesn’t happen. You also get 2 tries to match the trick that was set, 3 on the last letter. It’s super fair imo.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #117 on: June 17, 2021, 03:12:26 PM »
Slides & Grinds >>> Berries.

decoi1

• Rep: 18
« Reply #118 on: June 17, 2021, 03:30:10 PM »
I'll say it,

this is going to be really entertaining.

I’m gonna watch it

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1132
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #119 on: June 17, 2021, 03:50:16 PM »
this fucking sucks. i’m 22 and know who all these people are thanks to the bullshit algorithm you get on the instagram explore page just because you ‘like’ or follow skateboarders, but this is just sad. i don’t know want to know if burberry erry can beat johnny giger. i don’t want to know if john hill can beat aaron kyro. hell, i don’t care to hear what eric koston or steve berra have to say about anything. this shit fucking sucks and they are the ones that are gonna be responsible for what everyone thinks the olympics are gonna do to skating. i remember being 11/12 when i really cared about the berrics. it was cool seeing sean malto and prod play skate, it was cool knowing malto couldn’t heelflip because i couldn’t either and still can’t. i don’t care to see what someone can do in some yeezy crocs that the dude in cariumas can’t do. i don’t even know where i’m going with this. i’m at work pissed off that i can’t skate right now yet the shit i’m seeing on the internet is some fuck face from instagram and tiktok about to play skate at the berrics because for whatever reason someone in idaho gives a shit. fuck the berrics and fuck me for typing this