Author Topic: BATB12  (Read 306305 times)

yapple dapple

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: BATB12
« Reply #120 on: June 17, 2021, 04:00:30 PM »
the berrics is MSNBC 700 club of skateboarding.
Fixed

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #121 on: June 17, 2021, 04:01:44 PM »
I think we can all admit now that Koston was the Nyjah of his generation.

dustyassrocketswitchv

• Rep: -128
« Reply #122 on: June 17, 2021, 04:02:33 PM »
this fucking sucks. i’m 22 and know who all these people are thanks to the bullshit algorithm you get on the instagram explore page just because you ‘like’ or follow skateboarders, but this is just sad. i don’t know want to know if burberry erry can beat johnny giger. i don’t want to know if john hill can beat aaron kyro. hell, i don’t care to hear what eric koston or steve berra have to say about anything. this shit fucking sucks and they are the ones that are gonna be responsible for what everyone thinks the olympics are gonna do to skating. i remember being 11/12 when i really cared about the berrics. it was cool seeing sean malto and prod play skate, it was cool knowing malto couldn’t heelflip because i couldn’t either and still can’t. i don’t care to see what someone can do in some yeezy crocs that the dude in cariumas can’t do. i don’t even know where i’m going with this. i’m at work pissed off that i can’t skate right now yet the shit i’m seeing on the internet is some fuck face from instagram and tiktok about to play skate at the berrics because for whatever reason someone in idaho gives a shit. fuck the berrics and fuck me for typing this

wise beyond your years
big texas cummer

wilk

• Rep: -2
« Reply #123 on: June 17, 2021, 04:19:46 PM »
Jeron Wilson, Kelly and Chris from 9 Club are confirmed then? They mentioned on last episode.

Expand Quote
I've seen a lot of YT comments saying how John Hill will go far, but I don't know... I've never seen him do a hardflip back 180 or whatever that trick everyone does is.
[close]

He's pretty average in both flatground and everything else - especially if you consider "he's a pro". Maybe he can beat one or two influencers, but he will get skunked eventually.

Let's see if he'll pay the Berrics 10,000 dollars.
Said he's not doing it, told them no apparently but they still announced him.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 05:23:39 PM by wilk »

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #124 on: June 17, 2021, 04:29:09 PM »
It’s like that Logan Paul vs Mayweather fight, its such a cheesy idea but you can’t help but want to watch out of pure curiosity on just what the hell is going to happen, except this is actually free for everyone to watch. I bet you a lot of people talking shit on it are still going to secretly watch it regardless.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #125 on: June 17, 2021, 07:42:07 PM »
Slides & Grinds >>> Berries.

Truth, aside from the occasional BS tricks like slappy noseslides, it was way more entertaining. The games are longer, so maybe less appealing to Berries' audidence.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

mareo

• Rep: -336
« Reply #126 on: June 17, 2021, 08:06:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Jeron Wilson, Kelly and Chris from 9 Club are confirmed then? They mentioned on last episode.

Expand Quote
I've seen a lot of YT comments saying how John Hill will go far, but I don't know... I've never seen him do a hardflip back 180 or whatever that trick everyone does is.
[close]

He's pretty average in both flatground and everything else - especially if you consider "he's a pro". Maybe he can beat one or two influencers, but he will get skunked eventually.

[close]

How funny is that. Some of the influencers realized they don't need berrics as much as berrics needs them. Good for them.

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #127 on: June 17, 2021, 08:22:40 PM »
this fucking sucks. i’m 22 and know who all these people are thanks to the bullshit algorithm you get on the instagram explore page just because you ‘like’ or follow skateboarders, but this is just sad. i don’t know want to know if burberry erry can beat johnny giger. i don’t want to know if john hill can beat aaron kyro. hell, i don’t care to hear what eric koston or steve berra have to say about anything. this shit fucking sucks and they are the ones that are gonna be responsible for what everyone thinks the olympics are gonna do to skating. i remember being 11/12 when i really cared about the berrics. it was cool seeing sean malto and prod play skate, it was cool knowing malto couldn’t heelflip because i couldn’t either and still can’t. i don’t care to see what someone can do in some yeezy crocs that the dude in cariumas can’t do. i don’t even know where i’m going with this. i’m at work pissed off that i can’t skate right now yet the shit i’m seeing on the internet is some fuck face from instagram and tiktok about to play skate at the berrics because for whatever reason someone in idaho gives a shit. fuck the berrics and fuck me for typing this

22 and already this jaded? You’ll fit right in here.

But I do agree that it was cool seeing established pros not being able to do certain basics, made me feel less bad about but for maybe like 7+ years the circus tricks have kind of increased and seeing them just makes me not care about the contest.

Also crazy to know they put out that video without confirming some of these influencers. John Hill is kind of a goober but he seems like a nice enough guy, was kind of looking forward to seeing what he could do.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1131
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2021, 08:52:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

22 and already this jaded? You’ll fit right in here.

But I do agree that it was cool seeing established pros not being able to do certain basics, made me feel less bad about but for maybe like 7+ years the circus tricks have kind of increased and seeing them just makes me not care about the contest.

Also crazy to know they put out that video without confirming some of these influencers. John Hill is kind of a goober but he seems like a nice enough guy, was kind of looking forward to seeing what he could do.
my friends always say they don’t understand how jaded i am at this age. i think it’s funny, but it does suck at times. but yeah the john hill thing is fucked up. i don’t understand how that’s gonna play out. he’s a super nice guy i will say. he came to my local park growing up when he was still on birdhouse. 12 year old me was stoked. but i’m curious to see what the berrics backup plan is.

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #129 on: June 17, 2021, 09:17:21 PM »

then don't comment.  shut the fuck up

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1131
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2021, 09:39:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

eat my ass you stupid bitch.

BigFatPaulie

• Rep: 3
« Reply #131 on: June 17, 2021, 10:25:18 PM »
So I’m good friends with a lot of the people announced in the Influencer bracket, and similar to what John Hill said above I know personally four people who were asked to participate that politely declined, yet ended up being announced into the brackets anyway.  I actually really do enjoy the concept of this year’s BatB, but the way they’re going about the execution is not looking too good.

ilikebigbutts

• Rep: -42
« Reply #132 on: June 17, 2021, 10:31:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
eat my ass you stupid bitch.

I feel like this with Youtube, all these shitty Youtubers keep appearing in my home screen even if I never watch them, just because I watch skateboarding videos. Some even have crazy amount of views, like more than Nike and Thrasher, and it's just a video of random whatever dudes skating, sometimes not even skating but random everyday shit, and I'm like who the fuck watches this?

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #133 on: June 17, 2021, 11:50:24 PM »
So I’m good friends with a lot of the people announced in the Influencer bracket, and similar to what John Hill said above I know personally four people who were asked to participate that politely declined, yet ended up being announced into the brackets anyway.  I actually really do enjoy the concept of this year’s BatB, but the way they’re going about the execution is not looking too good.

This is shaping up to be hilarious.

rukes

• Rep: 211
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #134 on: June 18, 2021, 12:32:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is shaping up to be hilarious.

Just remember Steve Borra is an actor, and he can play ANY role. A few of those influencers gonna be having that sick Borra style.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #135 on: June 18, 2021, 12:51:54 AM »
sooo are they going to change their rules (which suck anyway)? arent some of the tricks the influencers do against em? like landing on your nose and then doing a shove it

Roy Machine

• Rep: -6
« Reply #136 on: June 18, 2021, 01:04:33 AM »

They seemed kinda bitter in the whole video they did for the influencers bracket. Maybe this is some kind of Vendetta move for loosing all this clicks to the influencers

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #137 on: June 18, 2021, 01:19:38 AM »
Berrics trying to be relevant. Although I don't know many of these influencer guys, I am still curious what they come up with. Will Borra skate himself this time? Will they change the rules a bit? Why is Mike V there again? I have so many questions.
IG: @flowterspace

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 565
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #138 on: June 18, 2021, 01:24:44 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

this is great

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #139 on: June 18, 2021, 02:59:30 AM »
Maybe he's going through some mental hardship, so fair enough if he is - but not in the headspace for what? A game of skate?

Not sure why I've felt compelled to make this comment, but I have.
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #140 on: June 18, 2021, 03:36:33 AM »
So John hill doesn’t have ten k and instead of admitting it he just isn’t going to show up. I mean how can the berries survive after a decline from such a skateboard icon like John HILL!  Everyone remembers John for being the first guy to cross lock a 50-50 down a round double kink and for doing the first blunt flip out on vert. This is funny as shit. Not in the right headspace for a game of skate, fucking liar.

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -197
« Reply #141 on: June 18, 2021, 03:47:38 AM »
berra can truly suck the shit out of my ass

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 59
« Reply #142 on: June 18, 2021, 04:03:30 AM »
I don’t know, seems like all these YouTube kooks could put on some pretty interesting/ wild games of skate. And Jamie Griffin is rad. His street skating is the only one of the influencers I’ve actually seen and enjoyed. Ireland represent!

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #143 on: June 18, 2021, 06:31:59 AM »
Yo Berrics, I'll fill in for John Hills spot. Send me a DM and we can discuss!

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #144 on: June 18, 2021, 07:03:57 AM »
So John hill doesn’t have ten k and instead of admitting it he just isn’t going to show up. I mean how can the berries survive after a decline from such a skateboard icon like John HILL!  Everyone remembers John for being the first guy to cross lock a 50-50 down a round double kink and for doing the first blunt flip out on vert. This is funny as shit. Not in the right headspace for a game of skate, fucking liar.

Probably because he is not in a good place mentally and does not want to get destroy by slap for mobing a nollie flip or whatever. It would be dope if most of the influencers did not participated, like « nop we are doing well bye ». Tho I liked the chris chann games he did a few years back. He has a really solid flat ground game

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #145 on: June 18, 2021, 07:32:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

How funny is that. Some of the influencers realized they don't need berrics as much as berrics needs them. Good for them.

this is the funniest part to me. This feels like a really weird "gotcha" attempt by Berra but it's really more of a self-own. I just checked and that Andy Shrock guy alone has like 4 times the number of subs that The Berrics has.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #146 on: June 18, 2021, 08:07:03 AM »
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #147 on: June 18, 2021, 08:08:28 AM »
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #148 on: June 18, 2021, 08:37:26 AM »
Ill watch the icons but thats probably it

nickpaolucci

« Reply #149 on: June 18, 2021, 08:41:01 AM »