Author Topic: BATB12  (Read 306297 times)

DannyDee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
Re: BATB12
« Reply #180 on: June 18, 2021, 06:54:07 PM »
Watching those videos got me thinking what’s a good antonym for charisma. A quick Google search points to the word obnoxious which is close, but not quite right. Then I started wondering if the sudden rise in popularity in the word cringe as an adjective is because there just aren’t that many words to describe this kind of anti-charisma.
I can't think of a single word for it, but in Berra's case it can be described as a deluded egomaniac.

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #181 on: June 18, 2021, 08:22:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Watching those videos got me thinking what’s a good antonym for charisma. A quick Google search points to the word obnoxious which is close, but not quite right. Then I started wondering if the sudden rise in popularity in the word cringe as an adjective is because there just aren’t that many words to describe this kind of anti-charisma.
[close]
I can't think of a single word for it, but in Berra's case it can be described as a deluded egomaniac.
He has been like that since at least 1994. I showed him around Idaho falls with the old foundation team and he threw his board in front of one of the ams that was killing it at the spot. Steve literally waited for him to go try the trick and pushed his board in front of him and kind of hurt him. Berra has been awful for a very long time
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 05:01:15 AM by mtvic »

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2152
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #182 on: June 18, 2021, 09:35:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone else noticed they changes the title of the "Influencers" video to "Community"
[close]

“Community” “Cariumunity” is the theme of the entire BATB12
This fuxxin’ shoe company gonna straight up PURCHASE their credibility by buying up a big chunk of The Borrics debt & forcing those shills to cram their brand down the throats of kiddos. I’ve never seen so many cases of (to invoke Dave Fuck here) Who?!?
That Joes list is packed with their version of the Braille warehouse crew.
Very ugly look, Steve.
And,I might add, desperate.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 07:57:33 AM by Lou Strux »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #183 on: June 19, 2021, 01:17:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone else noticed they changes the title of the "Influencers" video to "Community"
[close]

“Community” “Cariumunity” is the theme of the entire BATB12
[close]
This fuxxin’ shoe company gonna straight up PURCHASE their credibility by buying up a big chunk of The Borrics debt & forcing those schools to cram their brand down the throats of kiddos. I’ve never seen so many cases of (to invoke Dave Fuck here) Who?!?
That Joes list is packed with their version of the Braille warehouse crew.
Very ugly look, Steve.
And,I might add, desperate.

I highlighted the important points here.
IG: @flowterspace

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #184 on: June 19, 2021, 01:27:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
He has been like that since at least 1994. I showed him around Idaho falls with the old foundation team and he threw his board in front of one of the and that was killing it at the spot. Literally waited for him to go try the trick and pushed his board in front of him and kind of hurt him. Berra has been awful for a very long time

This sentence hurt my brain

conqueso

« Reply #185 on: June 19, 2021, 02:20:22 AM »

its a mental disorder that can only be explained by living in hollywood and pretending to be successful for a few decades

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #186 on: June 19, 2021, 05:02:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
He has been like that since at least 1994. I showed him around Idaho falls with the old foundation team and he threw his board in front of one of the and that was killing it at the spot. Literally waited for him to go try the trick and pushed his board in front of him and kind of hurt him. Berra has been awful for a very long time
[close]

This sentence hurt my brain
Fixed it. Sorry, it hurt my brain upon reading it again.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #187 on: June 19, 2021, 05:13:07 AM »
What the fuck! Mikey and Nick from the old MAJER Crew?

drcroc

« Reply #188 on: June 19, 2021, 10:54:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jeron Wilson, Kelly and Chris from 9 Club are confirmed then? They mentioned on last episode.

Expand Quote
I've seen a lot of YT comments saying how John Hill will go far, but I don't know... I've never seen him do a hardflip back 180 or whatever that trick everyone does is.
[close]

He's pretty average in both flatground and everything else - especially if you consider "he's a pro". Maybe he can beat one or two influencers, but he will get skunked eventually.

Let's see if he'll pay the Berrics 10,000 dollars.
[close]
Said he's not doing it, told them no apparently but they still announced him.

[close]

How funny is that. Some of the influencers realized they don't need berrics as much as berrics needs them. Good for them.
[close]

this is the funniest part to me. This feels like a really weird "gotcha" attempt by Berra but it's really more of a self-own. I just checked and that Andy Shrock guy alone has like 4 times the number of subs that The Berrics has.
[close]

Well yeah, but not even Berra stoops low enough to extort his kids by posting videos of them playing with Legos…

If this John Hill screen-cap is real... it's actually really lame. Pulling a "power move" on the Berrics for what reason exactly? What a pussy.

Bigwheelbite

• Rep: -162
« Reply #189 on: June 20, 2021, 12:41:24 AM »
Yawn - no one cares about the berrics and their scientology bs 🙄

QixHexagon

• Rep: 31
« Reply #190 on: June 20, 2021, 06:44:54 AM »
What the fuck! Mikey and Nick from the old MAJER Crew?

They were the best. Diego Cepeda was gnarly too, but I think he quit skating (I think I read somewhere he had some trouble with law).

Grip Jobs

« Reply #191 on: June 20, 2021, 03:55:39 PM »
They should’ve just had an open call cuz every skater is gonna claim “I’m not in the right headspace”
John hill is a bitch
Just go skate and lose who cares

Still offended they didn’t get anyone from slap in the influencers category. The real influencers are right here 

drcroc

« Reply #192 on: June 20, 2021, 08:29:06 PM »
If John Hill and Andy Shrock are too cool for school (and the Berrics)...  How about some fill in skaters... Shaun Rodriguez.  Other names mentioned on the YouTube clip. Jewburt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAlu03Bj4s0

HeapsCool

• Rep: -172
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #193 on: June 20, 2021, 09:47:55 PM »
Wow Berra is fucking awful. Like anxiety inducing.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #194 on: June 20, 2021, 10:19:00 PM »
I didn’t come here just to defend John Hill. In fact, I know very little about him. I looked him up and skipped through a bunch of his videos. That guy actually seems like he’s got some weird introvert shit going on. He skates by himself, talks to himself at skateparks, coffee shops restaurants. No wait, he only talks to his subscribers through his Vlog camera. It seems very unhealthy. It’s like he lives in the weird little YouTube bubble. I can’t speak for any other other YouTube guys but this ones a bit eccentric.

Here’s a video where he does his best attempt at making this behavior pass as normal

https://youtu.be/NxgKGFgP3oA

ableSkateMag.com

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #195 on: June 21, 2021, 06:13:57 AM »
imagine being cool guy'ed by John fucking Hill

this whole BATB is gonna be a shitshow

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #196 on: June 21, 2021, 06:34:52 AM »
I didn’t come here just to defend John Hill. In fact, I know very little about him. I looked him up and skipped through a bunch of his videos. That guy actually seems like he’s got some weird introvert shit going on. He skates by himself, talks to himself at skateparks, coffee shops restaurants. No wait, he only talks to his subscribers through his Vlog camera. It seems very unhealthy. It’s like he lives in the weird little YouTube bubble. I can’t speak for any other other YouTube guys but this ones a bit eccentric.

Here’s a video where he does his best attempt at making this behavior pass as normal

https://youtu.be/NxgKGFgP3oA

Yeah right! Only a fan would post this video! That's okay... I like him, too. this video perfectly explains it: relatable, funny, ya know... the goo good.
We Relate!

flippy lippy

• Rep: -23
« Reply #197 on: June 21, 2021, 08:51:18 AM »

Icon bracket, not watching the full vid 🤢
Money's on Shane (or prod) heart's on Creager
Stevie gon get btfo. Ribs Man????? I thought it was various Bones team members in the costume. Don't know why Mike V's in the mix lmao

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #198 on: June 21, 2021, 08:53:10 AM »
Kelly Hart is hardly a fucking icon lol
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #199 on: June 21, 2021, 08:57:19 AM »
i would body half these guys free in SKATE. guaranteed i could make top 8 in this tourney. half these fools cant even fakie heel first try
ONTARIO CANADA

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #200 on: June 21, 2021, 08:57:29 AM »
What’s a ribs man? Is it some cross promotion with McDonald’s where the guy skates in a McRib costume.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #201 on: June 21, 2021, 08:59:54 AM »
The icons bracket was disappointing

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #202 on: June 21, 2021, 09:11:38 AM »
Kelly Hart's flatground is always a pleasure to watch so I'm happy to see him there

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #203 on: June 21, 2021, 09:22:54 AM »
i know skateboarders aren’t typically known for their intellect, but this is a gross misunderstanding of what the word icon means

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #204 on: June 21, 2021, 09:33:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Kelly Hart's flatground is always a pleasure to watch so I'm happy to see him there

I actually agree with you on that. He's very good at flat ground. Smooth as
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #205 on: June 21, 2021, 09:35:33 AM »
The pros are going to be all the cariuma and brythe people.
It really seemed like they did not warned anyone about this thing

decoi1

• Rep: 18
« Reply #206 on: June 21, 2021, 10:03:07 AM »
Well PJ is obviously out so that sucks. And Ribsman rips but ICon? C’mon

dannyprovolone

« Reply #207 on: June 21, 2021, 10:09:01 AM »
None of them are icons except shane and jah

Bread Harrity