Author Topic: BATB12  (Read 306725 times)

rawbertson.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 673
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: BATB12
« Reply #240 on: June 22, 2021, 07:53:10 AM »
Expand Quote
guys guys guys what if they got rodney mullen in this??? he invented EVERYTHING he'd WIN!!!
[close]

Why'd mullen quit skating? Song is still active but mullen's last part was Round 3. I doubt he'd do good in this games considering his age.

pretty sure his spine / hips got kind of toasted from skating so much regular, so he only skates switch now. at least thats what all the kooks tell me youtube says.

D10S

• Rep: -52
  • la patineta no se mancha
« Reply #241 on: June 22, 2021, 08:07:03 AM »
oh lawd what I would've given to be in the room when perra and Eric Kostanza came up with this ordeal...

Copthorne14

• Rep: -24
« Reply #242 on: June 22, 2021, 08:09:56 AM »
Rounding out the brackets heres the pro group

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO4UFiQfWCE

flippy lippy

• Rep: -23
« Reply #243 on: June 22, 2021, 08:37:32 AM »

No one wanna watch that just post the bracket fucknut

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #244 on: June 22, 2021, 09:09:56 AM »

weren't cody and sewa joes in the original or am i regular?

flippy lippy

• Rep: -23
« Reply #245 on: June 22, 2021, 09:19:24 AM »
Ortiz in legends Shoddy in pro 🤨🤨 /shrug

Hyped for Cody he's the man

Rlly wonder how they will handle Leandre's stance issues

IpathCats

« Reply #246 on: June 22, 2021, 10:04:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I don't really like any of those YouTube skaters but I don't see how anybody can see John Hill being in the wrong if he politely declined and they still threw him in.
[close]

It’s because he said he would add 10,000 thetans to the prize pool if they let him compete.
[close]

ok so he's a bit of a wiener but it's pretty silly to not actually confirm with him and hold him to a YouTube comment.

He's not wrong. He's just a poosey.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1193
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #247 on: June 22, 2021, 10:12:11 AM »
i’m actually really excited that mike mo is gonna participate in this. same with chris roberts and malto. don’t know why, but i think it’s really sick. but i will say, why the fuck is ishod not in the icons list, but instead lumped in with jagger eaton and whoever the fuck else. makes no sense, but i’ll watch regardless

Roy Machine

• Rep: -5
« Reply #248 on: June 22, 2021, 10:18:44 AM »
Ishod pro and David Gonzales an Icon lol

Bread Harrity

• Rep: 241
« Reply #249 on: June 22, 2021, 10:56:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I don't really like any of those YouTube skaters but I don't see how anybody can see John Hill being in the wrong if he politely declined and they still threw him in.
[close]

It’s because he said he would add 10,000 thetans to the prize pool if they let him compete.
[close]

ok so he's a bit of a wiener but it's pretty silly to not actually confirm with him and hold him to a YouTube comment.
[close]

i dont like john but honestly him saying fuck off to the berries and calling them out for trying to stir up drama for free advertising actually gives me more respect for him. he'd be more of a poosey if he just went along with it for the sake of publicity imo.

also for those calling him out for "not being in the right head space, its just a game of skate bro" no it really isn't. even pros go in there and clearly have intense stage fright, it's not "just a game" when its a room full of industry ppl and recorded for thousands of kids on YT to watch. I'm not trying to go to bat for this dude but I'm not down with people making light of mental health stuff.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 133
« Reply #250 on: June 22, 2021, 11:04:04 AM »
Ishod pro and David Gonzales an Icon lol
Relevant to current skateboarding vs a has-been, sounds correct to me
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #251 on: June 22, 2021, 11:34:03 AM »

Carlos, Luan, Ishod, and a whole bunch of fucking yawns. Can Leandre Sanders be considered pro if it was off of a shitty berries campaign for him?

IpathCats

« Reply #252 on: June 22, 2021, 11:39:32 AM »
Luan and asta in the first round should be interesting. They were two of my picks in that recent flatground thread.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #253 on: June 22, 2021, 11:56:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i dont like john but honestly him saying fuck off to the berries and calling them out for trying to stir up drama for free advertising actually gives me more respect for him. he'd be more of a poosey if he just went along with it for the sake of publicity imo.

also for those calling him out for "not being in the right head space, its just a game of skate bro" no it really isn't. even pros go in there and clearly have intense stage fright, it's not "just a game" when its a room full of industry ppl and recorded for thousands of kids on YT to watch. I'm not trying to go to bat for this dude but I'm not down with people making light of mental health stuff.

Yeah I feel this. Hope me calling him a wiener didn't come off as disparaging to mental health. I meant it more in a general YouTube wiener-y way.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #254 on: June 22, 2021, 12:14:44 PM »
But but but aren’t Aaron kyro and Andy shrock pro??😂😂😂

I read this and couldn't stop laughing....thank you

Bread Harrity

• Rep: 241
« Reply #255 on: June 22, 2021, 12:24:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah I feel this. Hope me calling him a wiener didn't come off as disparaging to mental health. I meant it more in a general YouTube wiener-y way.

no def not directed at you, john hill absolutely is a wiener for a variety of other reasons

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
« Reply #256 on: June 22, 2021, 01:03:22 PM »

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -71
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #257 on: June 22, 2021, 01:25:38 PM »
Leandre Sanders is not pro lmao this just gets better and better

conqueso

« Reply #258 on: June 22, 2021, 01:28:36 PM »
who are half these guys lol

cody centipede? yeah no thanks

should just stick with current top pros for the whole thing

Letsfilmavideo

• Rep: 16
« Reply #259 on: June 22, 2021, 01:31:47 PM »
Anyone else notice that on their YouTube channel the barracks accidentally posted the icons video before they released the pros video which spoiled the entire icon bracket then they deleted it uploaded the correct video and then re released the icons video again. I’m just surprised at the Barricks after all these years of having an online identity that they can’t even upload there videos in the right order
I always got one of my boys holdin a jar of leak and a fat blunt, so as soon as i land the trick we gettin wet you know?

Letsfilmavideo

• Rep: 16
« Reply #260 on: June 22, 2021, 01:32:32 PM »
God help them if they can’t even get that right. . . . . Actually not god help them, Andy Shrock help them
I always got one of my boys holdin a jar of leak and a fat blunt, so as soon as i land the trick we gettin wet you know?

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #261 on: June 22, 2021, 01:51:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
guys guys guys what if they got rodney mullen in this??? he invented EVERYTHING he'd WIN!!!
[close]

Why'd mullen quit skating? Song is still active but mullen's last part was Round 3. I doubt he'd do good in this games considering his age.
[close]

pretty sure his spine / hips got kind of toasted from skating so much regular, so he only skates switch now. at least thats what all the kooks tell me youtube says.

He put himself under a lifted car, lowered the jack and put the wheel well on his hip area, applied pressure and friction over time and broke up his calcifications/adhesions

“Some scar tissue wrapped around my femur and pelvis and clasped together, pulling my femur into the hip socket. It was calcifying and was going to be the end of me walking normally. I don’t want to be that guy that milks it so I was planning to disappear. Doctors told me they couldn’t give me surgery and the only way to fix it was to break it, and that’s a very violent process. The bones had already started to fuse together so I had to physically put enough pressure on myself to break my own bone. I did that for an enormous number of hours. I stuck my leg in the wheel well of a car and grabbed the bottom of the frame and tweaked and tore as much as I could. My wife couldn’t be around me. After two and a half years, I broke the scar tissue and some of the bone. When I did break it, it scared me to death. I heard it break and after the nausea and the adrenaline, I was lying on my garage floor at three in the morning screaming with my face covered in snot and tears. I just thought, ‘I can skate!’”

http://www.caughtinthecrossfire.com/skate/skate-news/doctors-told-rodney-mullen-he-would-not-skate-again/

Pretty gangster if you ask me.

Also, it’d be unfair as fuck to put him in BATB because he’d win easily.  No question.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 02:14:32 PM by Dark Knight »

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #262 on: June 22, 2021, 02:07:27 PM »
half of the joes are probably on cariuma flow. scientologist idiot aaron kyro gets another platform. apart from ishod same old boring tech skaters – ok joslin is in, but remember louie lopez batb, blasting knee high kickflips while not giving a fuck?

can't get excited about this event, but again, skateing is diverse (since some years) and the berrics surely don't care if i watch or not...

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #263 on: June 22, 2021, 02:16:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

He put himself under a lifted car, lowered the jack and put the wheel well on his hip area, applied pressure and friction over time and broke up his calcifications/adhesions

“Some scar tissue wrapped around my femur and pelvis and clasped together, pulling my femur into the hip socket. It was calcifying and was going to be the end of me walking normally. I don’t want to be that guy that milks it so I was planning to disappear. Doctors told me they couldn’t give me surgery and the only way to fix it was to break it, and that’s a very violent process. The bones had already started to fuse together so I had to physically put enough pressure on myself to break my own bone. I did that for an enormous number of hours. I stuck my leg in the wheel well of a car and grabbed the bottom of the frame and tweaked and tore as much as I could. My wife couldn’t be around me. After two and a half years, I broke the scar tissue and some of the bone. When I did break it, it scared me to death. I heard it break and after the nausea and the adrenaline, I was lying on my garage floor at three in the morning screaming with my face covered in snot and tears. I just thought, ‘I can skate!’”

http://www.caughtinthecrossfire.com/skate/skate-news/doctors-told-rodney-mullen-he-would-not-skate-again/

Also, it’d be unfair as fuck to put him in BATB because he’d win easily.  No question.

I read the first paragraph you wrote and thought this was the beginning of some first rate SLAP lore. Then I realized it was real.

Talk about hellride.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #264 on: June 22, 2021, 02:21:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I read the first paragraph you wrote and thought this was the beginning of some first rate SLAP lore. Then I realized it was real.

Talk about hellride.

Holy fucking shit
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

my english is bad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • no hablo english
« Reply #265 on: June 22, 2021, 02:25:52 PM »
No PJ Ladd fuck the berries

Bobbybanana

• Rep: 11
« Reply #266 on: June 22, 2021, 02:28:20 PM »
Needs some Ted degros
Hangin' with a cool bunch

Logic

• Rep: 35
« Reply #267 on: June 22, 2021, 02:35:02 PM »
Rather curious to see if Shane (granting he enters) can throw down one of those nollie flips late shuvs on flat.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 437
« Reply #268 on: June 22, 2021, 02:38:57 PM »
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #269 on: June 22, 2021, 04:03:44 PM »

Thanks for doing the great Xenu's work.

Wow, only three Cariuma 'pros'. Low key compared to the 'ams' they crammed into this.