Author Topic: BATB12  (Read 306314 times)

SatanicPanic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
Re: BATB12
« Reply #270 on: June 22, 2021, 05:22:23 PM »
Who is John hill

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #271 on: June 22, 2021, 05:23:20 PM »
A poosey.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

drcroc

« Reply #272 on: June 22, 2021, 07:03:00 PM »
If Aaron Kyro skates in this contest it's officially steezy  8)

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #273 on: June 22, 2021, 07:24:07 PM »
Seeing these pros that in my minds eye are all children but that was ten years ago got me really thinking about my own mortality and aging
Fuck
listen to cosmic psychos

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #274 on: June 22, 2021, 07:28:58 PM »
Seeing these pros that in my minds eye are all children but that was ten years ago got me really thinking about my own mortality and aging
Fuck

What’s even more fucked to me is seeing Jaeb, a kid 11 years younger than me doing Mike Mo status shit, when I was watching Mike Mo in the Forecast video and Fully Flared at 12. I’m gonna be 37 in 10 years still warming up with non popped shuvs and crappy looking kickflips/fakie flips and he’ll be 26 doing god knows what kind of tech shit. Time is a fickle mistress.

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 129
« Reply #275 on: June 22, 2021, 07:35:36 PM »

No one wanna watch that just post the bracket fucknut
Why tf would they put Ishod v Carlos Ribeiro in the first round??

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #276 on: June 22, 2021, 07:40:28 PM »
That Dylan Jaeb kid is super good and consistent, I could see him doing well in this. Still don’t see how he fits on Zero, Prmitive should grab him. He’s like Mikemo 2.0 and I believe he’s only like 16-17.

mareo

• Rep: -336
« Reply #277 on: June 22, 2021, 09:42:46 PM »
That Dylan Jaeb kid is super good and consistent, I could see him doing well in this. Still don’t see how he fits on Zero, Prmitive should grab him. He’s like Mikemo 2.0 and I believe he’s only like 16-17.

He's been off Zero for a while now. My guess is he's filming for a welcome part for some other brand, could be Primitive but it's just speculation at this point.

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

Mazzer

• Rep: -20
« Reply #278 on: June 22, 2021, 11:01:42 PM »
They mispronounce people's name on purpose just to generate comments and no one's even said anything. Love it.

Streebo

• Rep: -30
« Reply #279 on: June 23, 2021, 12:13:55 AM »
BURBERRY.ERRY is boutta take home the instagram fame. I do think it’s funny that they rounded up the whole YouTube vlog squad so this should be interesting! Will the contest be rigged!? How many advertisements for those new cariuma (ugly) shoes will there be?

RikiTakeuchi

• Rep: 5
« Reply #280 on: June 23, 2021, 12:48:42 AM »
Still annoys me that Skategoat is considered pro, just doesn't make sense to me

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #281 on: June 23, 2021, 01:36:59 AM »
Expand Quote

No one wanna watch that just post the bracket fucknut
[close]
Why tf would they put Ishod v Carlos Ribeiro in the first round??

As so often, the answer is 'Cariuma'

xandeo

• Rep: 6
« Reply #282 on: June 23, 2021, 02:26:17 AM »
So, when are the first games playing??

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #283 on: June 23, 2021, 02:38:46 AM »
All in for this, watching the Berries decline in front of our eyes has never been so rewarding.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #284 on: June 23, 2021, 03:05:15 AM »
So, when are the first games playing??
apparently they start with this weekend.

Sick_McCrank_

• Rep: -480
« Reply #285 on: June 23, 2021, 03:20:19 AM »
Did they really decide who plays against who themself and Not random?
Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook

bo bice

• Rep: 76
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #286 on: June 23, 2021, 03:20:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Fuck
[close]

What’s even more fucked to me is seeing Jaeb, a kid 11 years younger than me doing Mike Mo status shit, when I was watching Mike Mo in the Forecast video and Fully Flared at 12. I’m gonna be 37 in 10 years still warming up with non popped shuvs and crappy looking kickflips/fakie flips and he’ll be 26 doing god knows what kind of tech shit. Time is a fickle mistress.

What a strange way to measure time

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 565
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #287 on: June 23, 2021, 04:55:14 AM »
The scam is real

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
« Reply #288 on: June 23, 2021, 05:19:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The scam is real

I think it makes more sense than seeing a Berra vs Shrock game followed by Mike V vs BurberryErry.

Maybe it would have been more entertaining, who knows.

It just looks like they are so desperate for views and content, and I'm happy for that.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

everythingisgreat

• Rep: -130
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #289 on: June 23, 2021, 05:39:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fuck
[close]

[close]

What a strange way to measure time

I agree. And I wasted about 10 years reading that post. OP go warm up with some shivs and be quiet lmao.

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #290 on: June 23, 2021, 05:43:34 AM »
So correct me if I'm wrong, but was Nyjah in the icon bracket and Ishod in the pro? What the fuck??

cobs

• Rep: 2
« Reply #291 on: June 23, 2021, 06:27:24 AM »
If they need an influencer to replace John Hill, I vote for feedback Ted.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #292 on: June 23, 2021, 07:35:38 AM »
So correct me if I'm wrong, but was Nyjah in the icon bracket and Ishod in the pro? What the fuck??
Their reasoning seems off but can you expect reason from them? Nyjah’s good but if you just do a few basic goofy tricks he’s out.

I’m mad Ishod gonna go out so soon because he’s not beating Carlos.

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #293 on: June 23, 2021, 09:05:07 AM »
It's like they are staging the finals in the first round with a few of these match ups. The fix is in ..

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1132
« Reply #294 on: June 23, 2021, 09:10:43 AM »
they just posted a video with everyone that’s playing in all categories and they still included john hill. sus

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #295 on: June 23, 2021, 09:30:14 AM »
they just posted a video with everyone that’s playing in all categories and they still included john hill. sus

I wonder if Hyun Kummer would be down to take his place. Or better yet, Jonah Hill. And fuck it, if Jonah lands a kickflip, he just wins.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1132
« Reply #296 on: June 23, 2021, 10:01:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I wonder if Hyun Kummer would be down to take his place. Or better yet, Jonah Hill. And fuck it, if Jonah lands a kickflip, he just wins.
i feel like his spirit is still broken from his first attempt at it. cant take 2 Ls or else his fanbase will be shattered. 

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #297 on: June 23, 2021, 10:01:28 AM »
Cody Cepeda and Sewa are pro? For who?
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
« Reply #298 on: June 23, 2021, 10:12:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
guys guys guys what if they got rodney mullen in this??? he invented EVERYTHING he'd WIN!!!
[close]

Why'd mullen quit skating? Song is still active but mullen's last part was Round 3. I doubt he'd do good in this games considering his age.
[close]

pretty sure his spine / hips got kind of toasted from skating so much regular, so he only skates switch now. at least thats what all the kooks tell me youtube says.
[close]

He put himself under a lifted car, lowered the jack and put the wheel well on his hip area, applied pressure and friction over time and broke up his calcifications/adhesions

“Some scar tissue wrapped around my femur and pelvis and clasped together, pulling my femur into the hip socket. It was calcifying and was going to be the end of me walking normally. I don’t want to be that guy that milks it so I was planning to disappear. Doctors told me they couldn’t give me surgery and the only way to fix it was to break it, and that’s a very violent process. The bones had already started to fuse together so I had to physically put enough pressure on myself to break my own bone. I did that for an enormous number of hours. I stuck my leg in the wheel well of a car and grabbed the bottom of the frame and tweaked and tore as much as I could. My wife couldn’t be around me. After two and a half years, I broke the scar tissue and some of the bone. When I did break it, it scared me to death. I heard it break and after the nausea and the adrenaline, I was lying on my garage floor at three in the morning screaming with my face covered in snot and tears. I just thought, ‘I can skate!’”

http://www.caughtinthecrossfire.com/skate/skate-news/doctors-told-rodney-mullen-he-would-not-skate-again/

Pretty gangster if you ask me.

Also, it’d be unfair as fuck to put him in BATB because he’d win easily.  No question.

this is the most metal skate story i've ever heard, jesus christ

and i would 100% watch rodney play a game of skate with these dudes. i want to see his weirdo shit. though, to be fair, i would also like to see todd falcon in this

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 318
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #299 on: June 23, 2021, 10:39:32 AM »
"You suffered and overcame a career-ending condition where your femur bone had fused into your hip. Can you describe your injury and what you did to recover?
I was doing a halfcab kickflip underflip, going at a good speed and I landed badly, ending up in the splits and tearing something in my hip. The scar tissue that developed as a result locked it down – I was cinched in. The bone would pull into my hip and grind, bone on bone, until eventually, calcification occurred, welding them together. I couldn’t walk for any distance and skating seemed to be over.

After much deliberation, with doctors doubtful of my recovery, I engaged in medieval ways to break apart the bone fusion – hammering the end of screwdrivers into my flesh, climbing into the wheel well of my car to apply leverage while pulling on the car’s frame. After thousands of hours, over years of doing this, I began breaking those dried-gum-like strands of fascia. I would often become overwhelmed, screaming violently in pain, panic-stricken that I was doing more damage than good and I would never be able to skate again. Until one night, hanging from my car, I heard a thump. And when I got up, I realized that I had broken the calcification and my hip joint was mobile again. That was the beginning of what was to come."

I had no idea Rodney went through this. Unbelievable.