Author Topic: BATB12  (Read 306351 times)

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
Re: BATB12
« Reply #360 on: June 26, 2021, 02:38:57 PM »
i thought his russian spy part was pretty rad

after missing the kf first trick he did well to not completely fold. switch double flip and fakie bigger flip on defense were cool.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 03:43:52 PM by Arto!Arto!WakeUp! »

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #361 on: June 26, 2021, 02:57:52 PM »
I’m starting to understand why energy drink sponsors are important.  Get these dudes a coffee or something.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #362 on: June 26, 2021, 08:54:25 PM »
Slow n low

White Castle fries only come in one size?
listen to cosmic psychos

mareo

• Rep: -336
« Reply #363 on: June 26, 2021, 09:09:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I imagine Ishod vs. Carlos will take like 40 minutes. Can't see either of them lose.

And damn, that Rodney story. I will push switch 10 miles right now.
[close]
If my memory is correct, all the berries games I’ve seen Ishod in, he doesn’t last very long.
[close]

Ishod skates in contests with one foot out the door. If he fucks up he be like "yeah I was just fooling' around anyway. you all know i'm the best, I don't need this shit".
[close]

Or maybe... you know... he's just not the best. But you can't say that in here can you?
[close]
It’s pretty obvious that Ishod doesn’t give a fuck about winning contest. He always just does the tricks that he wants and isn’t calculated like all those contest dudes. Even when he won that street league recently he was skating it like it was just another day at the park. Also fuck that Tyler Peterson kid he has the ultimate hit face.

Nah I don't buy that. The guy is fantastic in other areas of skateboarding, but he's just not a good (top 5) contest skater and that's ok. We all know why he won that SLS unsanctioned event, so it's not like "if he wants, he can win" kinda thing.

With this said, I'd rather have his bag of tricks than some of the "contest skater's" bag of tricks.

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1276
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #364 on: June 27, 2021, 05:07:18 AM »
Getting paid 10K to host an event and still shows up in cut of sweat pants
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #365 on: June 27, 2021, 08:13:33 AM »
They’re really only doing 2 games a weekend. This shit is gonna last until next year.

The second game this weekend was really solid. No goofy tricks, lasted forever. It took a minute for them to even get a letter. I think towards the end Nick Holt was getting tired and just started doing some fuck you tricks to get it done

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #366 on: June 27, 2021, 08:14:06 AM »

conqueso

« Reply #367 on: June 27, 2021, 08:15:33 AM »
wow this thread is gonna suck for the next six months at least who the fuck are these guys

dallou

• SLAP Pal
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #368 on: June 27, 2021, 08:27:13 AM »
something really weird and anticlimactic about watching randos playing skate on youtube

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #369 on: June 27, 2021, 08:30:30 AM »
I saw the Hitman's Bodyguard's Wife yesterday and the games of skate so far have me feeling the same way I felt throughout that awful movie:  I don't care if any of these people die
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #370 on: June 27, 2021, 08:39:27 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1Ps2qCbKrQ&ab_channel=TheBerrics

Nick: Perfect 360shove it
Chris: Does a terrible impossible

Of course they count it

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2156
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #371 on: June 27, 2021, 08:47:54 AM »
I reckon they can only “thumb the scale” so much, in favor of their guys, before their motives become obvious.
Cariuma’s gotta pick up better riders if they want the advertising clout that a BATB champ brings.  8)
Either that, or their riders gonna have to get better (or luckier.)

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #372 on: June 27, 2021, 09:20:11 AM »
If you’re looking for proof that baggying up your clothes a bit makes you look better on your board, look no further than Nick Holt. Compare him in this to him in BATB7, he looks infinitely less atrocious.

That was actually a pretty decent game, they went back and forth for a while, and the circusy type tricks ended up coming out too. I feel like the influencer bracket will probably have some of the crazier games out of this whole thing cuz a lot of those dudes pretty much ONLY skate flat. A good chunk of that bracket is filled with YouTubers who post nothing but those weird game of skate videos, I feel like I see in my recommended section a new video with a title along the lines of “blindfolded, hands tied behind your back, no griptape game of SKATE, click now!” like every other day from them.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #373 on: June 27, 2021, 09:30:07 AM »
If you’re looking for proof that baggying up your clothes a bit makes you look better on your board, look no further than Nick Holt. Compare him in this to him in BATB7, he looks infinitely less atrocious.

That was my first thought when I started watching but I found his tricks to just look lazy. Although I imagine other  people would describe them as effortless.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

flippy lippy

• Rep: -23
« Reply #374 on: June 27, 2021, 09:45:23 AM »
Nick cosplaying as a stoner loc

Pango

• Rep: -30
« Reply #375 on: June 27, 2021, 09:50:37 AM »

That was actually a pretty decent game, they went back and forth for a while, and the circusy type tricks ended up coming out too. I feel like the influencer bracket will probably have some of the crazier games out of this whole thing cuz a lot of those dudes pretty much ONLY skate flat. A good chunk of that bracket is filled with YouTubers who post nothing but those weird game of skate videos, I feel like I see in my recommended section a new video with a title along the lines of “blindfolded, hands tied behind your back, no griptape game of SKATE, click now!” like every other day from them.

Does this mean Nick Holt fakes his style like Yuto?

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #376 on: June 27, 2021, 12:03:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Does this mean Nick Holt fakes his style like Yuto?
are you saying that to you, “style” is more so about the clothes you wear, as opposed to body language?
I don’t mean this question to sound like a jab at you. A while back I had a conversation with a friend who was saying he believed style was all about clothing style.

baggier clothes can make the body language look better imo.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #377 on: June 27, 2021, 12:55:24 PM »
Good point, dude looks like a completely different person

dallou

• SLAP Pal
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #378 on: June 27, 2021, 01:43:08 PM »
I mean that was 6 years ago or somthing, he was a late teenager it seems.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #379 on: June 27, 2021, 01:55:20 PM »
 Thought this was going to suck as bad as the first round and never heard of either of theses dudes but props to Nick Holt. He has a nice clean style. Other dude almost fell off the board on every trick. -1 carriuma or whatever.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

lysdexia

• Rep: 5
« Reply #380 on: June 27, 2021, 05:44:07 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1Ps2qCbKrQ&ab_channel=TheBerrics

if you ignore all the batb / cariuma/ berra / scientology bullshit and just watch that as a game of skate and nothing more, that was a pretty sick game.

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #381 on: June 27, 2021, 06:39:30 PM »

if you ignore all the batb / cariuma/ berra / scientology bullshit and just watch that as a game of skate and nothing more, that was a pretty sick game.

I enjoyed watching it a lot more than the first game when they were missing kickflips and tre flips, ill say that for sure

ramplocal

• Rep: 62
  • poser
« Reply #382 on: June 27, 2021, 06:51:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Slow n low
[close]

White Castle fries only come in one size?
I still say that shit, haha wld gnar if I cld man

Coldpizza

• Rep: 146
« Reply #383 on: June 27, 2021, 10:10:36 PM »
Wow Nick Holt is so boring. Dude looked like Shinji from Neon Genesis just moping around not wanting to be there. Sure he can land tricks, but at what cost? At least the other dude flailed lol.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #384 on: June 27, 2021, 10:21:08 PM »
Drawing out the games of skate makes sense business wise since the Olympics has an overlap in terms of the start and end date. Kids who start watching skating due to the Olympics will find something that is ongoing to help them "get in touch with real skateboarding" that also has an aspect of competition to it which is readily interpretable to audiences who are new to skateboarding, parents of new skateboarders included.

Ronnie Creager is going to fuck shit up.

The designation of "icons" vs. "pros" is funny.  It will be really comical if a bunch of people come out and say they specifically stated they won't participate.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

ilikebigbutts

• Rep: -42
« Reply #385 on: June 27, 2021, 10:25:54 PM »
Drawing out the games of skate makes sense business wise since the Olympics has an overlap in terms of the start and end date. Kids who start watching skating due to the Olympics will find something that is ongoing to help them "get in touch with real skateboarding" that also has an aspect of competition to it which is readily interpretable to audiences who are new to skateboarding, parents of new skateboarders included.

Ronnie Creager is going to fuck shit up.

The designation of "icons" vs. "pros" is funny.  It will be really comical if a bunch of people come out and say they specifically stated they won't participate.

Ronnie Creager participated several times already and didn't do that good. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not seeing him doing good this time either.

ilikebigbutts

« Reply #386 on: June 27, 2021, 10:27:20 PM »
Wow Nick Holt is so boring. Dude looked like Shinji from Neon Genesis just moping around not wanting to be there. Sure he can land tricks, but at what cost? At least the other dude flailed lol.

With PJ of BATB, Holt is there to take the "dude depressed not wanting to participate" spot.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
« Reply #387 on: June 27, 2021, 10:31:18 PM »
i’m always going to be rooting against the dudes in cariumas
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

ilikebigbutts

« Reply #388 on: June 28, 2021, 04:56:16 AM »
I just realized Holt played PJ and won back in 2014. PJ had just gotten on NB#, but was noticeably fed up and tired to play again. 7 years after that Holt is feeling the same. Some sort of Jinx happening?

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 279
« Reply #389 on: June 28, 2021, 07:02:27 AM »
What's The Bachelor (TM) doing there?