Author Topic: BATB12  (Read 306336 times)

Gnarfunkell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
Re: BATB12
« Reply #390 on: June 28, 2021, 07:41:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I imagine Ishod vs. Carlos will take like 40 minutes. Can't see either of them lose.

And damn, that Rodney story. I will push switch 10 miles right now.
[close]
If my memory is correct, all the berries games I’ve seen Ishod in, he doesn’t last very long.
[close]

Ishod skates in contests with one foot out the door. If he fucks up he be like "yeah I was just fooling' around anyway. you all know i'm the best, I don't need this shit".
[close]

Or maybe... you know... he's just not the best. But you can't say that in here can you?

You're fucked lol. If you don't think Ishod is one of the best to ever do it then you're an absolute dipshit.

Mariatorresflores

• Rep: -95
« Reply #391 on: June 28, 2021, 08:48:27 AM »
Though it could have been a lil shorter and some of the angles weren't the best, Evon's recent street part was really solid. Sucks he lost to a cariuma kook but Evon was a bit of, some days it just isn't there, I can relate.
 To whomever said they should play skate in the Olympics, just no. Some goofy freestyler would always win. Just imagine all the double/triple flips, pressure flips, late shuv's and body varials we'd see. Imagine the gold medalist winning with a dolphin flip body varial. Games of skate oughtta be taken less serious then the batb at this point, not more. Consistency is admirable in skating but not as important as modern competition's suggest and that's where skateboarding and competition don't mix very well.

Just think of how many clips of our favorite skaters are of tricks they've only done once or spent hours on to get a clean ride away. A lot of iconic skate photos aren't from makes. Skating's always been about pushing what's possible, not about checking tricks of a list of what we know is possible in a sterile environment.

TL;DR skip batb, watch Evon's street part, it's good, games of skate taken seriously = snoozfest.

PrettyRicki

• Rep: 10
  • Symmetrical boards <3
« Reply #392 on: June 28, 2021, 09:02:01 AM »
What's The Bachelor (TM) doing there?

Apparently he's the first person on the Bachelor show that rides a skateboard. Why this is relevant is beyond me.

I'm going to say that I actually enjoy watching BATB. I know not all of the games will be exciting and there is going to be cringe, but I'll be watching all of them.

Hotpocket

• Rep: -26
« Reply #393 on: June 28, 2021, 09:53:26 AM »
Finally just saw the entire line-up. That “icons” bracket is regular lol Kelly Hart? Malto? Ribs man??

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 765
« Reply #394 on: June 28, 2021, 09:53:34 AM »
i’m always going to be rooting against the dudes in cariumas

Haha. Mandatory.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #395 on: June 28, 2021, 10:15:12 AM »
What's The Bachelor (TM) doing there?
why hes dualwield mallgrabbing of course
https://youtu.be/yyXMO0uBHjM

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #396 on: June 28, 2021, 11:29:49 AM »
This Chris dude goes full statue after every landed trick.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #397 on: June 28, 2021, 11:46:33 AM »
Finally just saw the entire line-up. That “icons” bracket is regular lol Kelly Hart? Malto? Ribs man??
In the sense of BATB Malto is an Icon as he’s been in every single one but the only time he won a game was when he needed to win a qualifier since he had lost every single first round game before. He actually did really well that year.

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #398 on: June 28, 2021, 12:32:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
In the sense of BATB Malto is an Icon as he’s been in every single one but the only time he won a game was when he needed to win a qualifier since he had lost every single first round game before. He actually did really well that year.

I think he’s only been in 4 of them so far, his game with Prod was sick, he did an awesome boned ass switch heel.

I’m waiting for them to post pros/icons games before I watch this cause I know the rest of it is gonna be a disgusting shitshow. Kyro/Shrock games excluded cause those are gonna be hilarious.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #399 on: June 28, 2021, 12:41:15 PM »
That Evon kid has no pop at all, straight up scraped them all and no style; felt like he was just throwing the tricks out there like he’s never done them before hoping they’d stick; good defense comeback tho on that double flip nonsenses.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #400 on: June 28, 2021, 02:04:55 PM »
is there anywhere a full picture of the entire bracket is posted? I checked the berrics site and only found videos linking to different brackets but not the whole thing.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #401 on: June 28, 2021, 02:23:00 PM »
I love that they're still pushing the bracket with John Hill and others.

https://theberrics.com/batb-12-influencer-jamie-griffin-now-pro

Pango

• Rep: -30
« Reply #402 on: June 28, 2021, 05:36:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If you’re looking for proof that baggying up your clothes a bit makes you look better on your board, look no further than Nick Holt. Compare him in this to him in BATB7, he looks infinitely less atrocious.

That was actually a pretty decent game, they went back and forth for a while, and the circusy type tricks ended up coming out too. I feel like the influencer bracket will probably have some of the crazier games out of this whole thing cuz a lot of those dudes pretty much ONLY skate flat. A good chunk of that bracket is filled with YouTubers who post nothing but those weird game of skate videos, I feel like I see in my recommended section a new video with a title along the lines of “blindfolded, hands tied behind your back, no griptape game of SKATE, click now!” like every other day from them.
[close]

Does this mean Nick Holt fakes his style like Yuto?
[close]
are you saying that to you, “style” is more so about the clothes you wear, as opposed to body language?
I don’t mean this question to sound like a jab at you. A while back I had a conversation with a friend who was saying he believed style was all about clothing style.

baggier clothes can make the body language look better imo.

No worries, don't see this as a jab. I was being witty from the ridiculous Yuto thread. I think clothes has a lot to do with "style" and I generally agree with you baggier clothes can mask sketchier landings, but I'm such a Dylan fanboy and still rep skinny jeans lol.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #403 on: June 28, 2021, 06:19:16 PM »

Did he just go pro for a brewery?

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #404 on: June 28, 2021, 07:55:45 PM »
Palace Bun The Berries

con_hielo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 24
« Reply #405 on: June 28, 2021, 09:17:29 PM »
i’m always going to be rooting against the dudes in cariumas

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #406 on: June 29, 2021, 12:10:38 AM »
is there anywhere a full picture of the entire bracket is posted? I checked the berrics site and only found videos linking to different brackets but not the whole thing.

yo, i gotchu. edited out the winners of the past two games to avoid spoilering and some other unnecessary shit.

nickpaolucci

« Reply #407 on: June 29, 2021, 05:19:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

google says they're a beer and skate brand. they also have a skatepark as well, so pretty much a UK braillehouse w/ beer instead of pedophiles

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #408 on: June 29, 2021, 05:40:09 AM »
david gonzalez lmao. is he gonna play drink sticker guitar while vinnie banh raps on electric walmart mobility skates

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #409 on: June 29, 2021, 05:51:36 AM »

I think malto would be better as pro than icon, but he qualifies better than Hart or ribs man imho

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #410 on: June 29, 2021, 08:23:18 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yup. The definition of pro is really getting tested these days. Hop King is some shit beer made by two trust fund kids that for some reason sponsor skateboarders. They're pretty much a UK Bryte but even lower standards
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #411 on: June 29, 2021, 09:19:59 AM »
Man, I hope they discuss skate goats stance. Is he regular!?! Is he goofy!?!

My feeble little mind cannot process this whacky concept.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #412 on: June 29, 2021, 11:44:31 AM »

If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #413 on: June 29, 2021, 12:35:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yo, i gotchu. edited out the winners of the past two games to avoid spoilering and some other unnecessary shit.

wow thank you sir! would gnar if I could

Logic

• Rep: 35
« Reply #414 on: June 29, 2021, 02:16:24 PM »
Never realised Cepeda was classed as pro. I really hope he doesn't end up winning games with the double flip madness again.

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #415 on: June 29, 2021, 05:34:36 PM »
Never realised Cepeda was classed as pro. I really hope he doesn't end up winning games with the double flip madness again.
I don't mind double flips if the skater in question has run out of normal tricks, or if they are way behind in the game and need a quick comeback.  They are still very ugly though. There should be a rule that you can't win a game with a double flip.

Red Eyed Swimmer

« Reply #416 on: June 29, 2021, 07:51:42 PM »
not sure if I should know but who/what the fuck is ribs man?

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #417 on: June 29, 2021, 08:21:18 PM »

I think it’s kind of cheap they gave him in there. Every pro has a trick they feel is easier switch than regs so having him in here feels almost like cheating

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #418 on: June 29, 2021, 08:53:16 PM »
Where the hell do they get THEIR names for the tricks?

What the fuck is a nollie bigspin frontside 180 heelflip
Caption that shit as nollie big inward and call it a day
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1134
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #419 on: June 29, 2021, 09:12:06 PM »
not sure if I should know but who/what the fuck is ribs man?