Author Topic: BATB12  (Read 306365 times)

OldSkater

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -49
Re: BATB12
« Reply #540 on: July 04, 2021, 10:14:21 AM »
i felt bad for roy purdy i felt like he had really bad nerves. he missed some simple tricks.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #541 on: July 04, 2021, 10:32:54 AM »
I had little clue who Roy Purdy even was until maybe just like five minutes ago when I did a quick YouTube search of him and I was like “oh, that neon dancing guy, huh..... ok”.

You could just tell that Garrett was gonna win by how Roy looked even just setting up for tricks. He looks mad uncomfortable on his board. Just look at how his arms and body looked right before popping that bs bigspin, you could just already tell that he was gonna miss it before even doing it.
As kooky as Garrett is he is actually pretty damn good at skating and he’s pretty crazy on flatground, I wouldn’t doubt if he took the whole thing.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #542 on: July 04, 2021, 10:34:41 AM »
hes a goblin with zippyzam doodad plastic sunglasses while failing at life. looks like an extra out of jet set future radio that didnt make it

Expand Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbI8E6jz39I

Get ready for this shitshow
[close]

what an utterly embarrassing existence. i get that emptyheaded reality stars should be treated with pity like brain trauma victims but oof this is just. ugh

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 279
« Reply #543 on: July 04, 2021, 10:35:09 AM »
I find it somewhat ironic that individuals who crave the attention of others and build their entire rep on social media (which thrives on said attention-seeking) buckle//get nerves/"aren't in the right headspace" when people actually give them attention.

Also, is that guy's hat the second coming of the famous Dr. Seuss hat that was so popular in some circles in the 90s?

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #544 on: July 04, 2021, 10:50:47 AM »
As kooky as Garrett is he is actually pretty damn good at skating and he’s pretty crazy on flatground, I wouldn’t doubt if he took the whole thing.

Yeah oath I knew he was decent but yeah his shit looks good
How’s that tre he did, sick catch for a flatters tre
listen to cosmic psychos

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #545 on: July 04, 2021, 11:31:45 AM »
not sure how that counted as an impossible

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #546 on: July 04, 2021, 11:35:15 AM »
Top youtube comment is “First round should be 4 games a week.” They cant seriously think it’s a good idea drawing this thing out like this

MrDuckey

• Rep: -70
« Reply #547 on: July 04, 2021, 11:49:01 AM »
Time to admit BATB is done. We peaked at BATB 7. 8 & 10 were decent. It's only downhill now

wilk

• Rep: -2
« Reply #548 on: July 04, 2021, 11:54:25 AM »
I don't think they care, ntm it's probably a logistical nightmare getting people together as is...but so far they've consistently done 2, so yeah why not 4? you got double the people they usually have so it should be double the games they usually have at least for the first round.

Garrett wasn't playing with Purdy, straight ripped dudes throat out his neck. I think Garret will go far in this.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #549 on: July 04, 2021, 12:12:34 PM »
Can I step up a notification for when some better known people start playing? I don’t want to hate on these kids I just don’t want to sit through that many of these

dustyassrocketswitchv

• Rep: -128
« Reply #550 on: July 04, 2021, 12:15:30 PM »
Is Bam Margiela this guys actual name? I also noticed the real Bam is following him as well.
dawg...
big texas cummer

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #551 on: July 04, 2021, 12:32:44 PM »
hes a goblin with zippyzam doodad plastic sunglasses while failing at life. looks like an extra out of jet set future radio that didnt make it

Expand Quote
what an utterly embarrassing existence. i get that emptyheaded reality stars should be treated with pity like brain trauma victims but oof this is just. ugh
why didnt the caption the last trick a  fakie backside ollie bigspin inward heelflip to regular stace on this game then? Fuck this shit
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Pango

• Rep: -30
« Reply #552 on: July 04, 2021, 12:54:20 PM »
I find it somewhat ironic that individuals who crave the attention of others and build their entire rep on social media (which thrives on said attention-seeking) buckle//get nerves/"aren't in the right headspace" when people actually give them attention.

Also, is that guy's hat the second coming of the famous Dr. Seuss hat that was so popular in some circles in the 90s?

agree, no sympathy here at all, these skaters have warm up time and it is not like they turn up there and play SKATE right away.  I youtubed Purdy and burberry on his clips he clearly could skate and is doing so much thing to "get eyes on me" at the park, alright man go land a kickflip.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #553 on: July 04, 2021, 01:02:15 PM »
Weird Ginner tried to triple flip but neither one of them even did a normal one. Even the best dudes miss that every now and again.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #554 on: July 04, 2021, 01:22:29 PM »
According to Burb, a bunch of companies hit him up to sponsor him after that game but he’s not interested.  I’d dm him like a man and ask who, but I’m worried he’ll put a hex on me or something.

Dirk_Diggler

« Reply #555 on: July 04, 2021, 01:29:01 PM »
These Influencer games are not good. Maybe this is a conspiracy by Berra to destroy the reputation these influencers have built up, as a way to bring skateboarding back to the days before Instagram Influencers were so prevalent and put the respect back in the names of the establishment.

I wouldn’t be mad at that.

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #556 on: July 04, 2021, 02:11:45 PM »
According to Burb, a bunch of companies hit him up to sponsor him after that game but he’s not interested.  I’d dm him like a man and ask who, but I’m worried he’ll put a hex on me or something.

That sounds just like this kid I went to middle school with who said he was getting sponsored by Osiris after they saw a flatground fakie bigflip and a video of him ollieing a 4 set on his Myspace page.

drcroc

« Reply #557 on: July 04, 2021, 06:43:38 PM »
Garrett Ginner is the type of guy who will stay up all night drinking Mountain Dew Code Red and watch every single one of his opponents clips so he'll know exactly what tricks to do in SKATE to guarantee victory.

ThisFuckingDude

• Rep: -11
« Reply #558 on: July 04, 2021, 08:27:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That sounds just like this kid I went to middle school with who said he was getting sponsored by Osiris after they saw a flatground fakie bigflip and a video of him ollieing a 4 set on his Myspace page.
This dude I used to skate with years ago who has really bad anxiety to the point he can’t work. His mom takes care of him financially at 30 years old. He just got lakai flow from his mom sending them a sponsor me video from 2008. He gets one pair of shoes a month but the whole thing is hilarious to me and proves how out of touch lakai is.

Fraserjamesjollyjamieson

• Rep: -17
  • Brown 2
« Reply #559 on: July 04, 2021, 08:33:34 PM »
Garrett Ginner is the type of guy who will stay up all night drinking Mountain Dew Code Red and watch every single one of his opponents clips so he'll know exactly what tricks to do in SKATE to guarantee victory.

I’d respect that if he did

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #560 on: July 04, 2021, 09:10:04 PM »
I had little clue who Roy Purdy even was until maybe just like five minutes ago when I did a quick YouTube search of him and I was like “oh, that neon dancing guy, huh..... ok”.

You could just tell that Garrett was gonna win by how Roy looked even just setting up for tricks. He looks mad uncomfortable on his board. Just look at how his arms and body looked right before popping that bs bigspin, you could just already tell that he was gonna miss it before even doing it.
Nice try Garrett. We’re on to you

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #561 on: July 05, 2021, 12:20:52 AM »

What is this, Tampa AM 2003?

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #562 on: July 05, 2021, 02:03:42 AM »
I'm not going to watch this shitshow, but it seems that Borra has found a good format to make this boring format interesting again, even if it's for the worst.

The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

katnoaga

• Rep: 0
« Reply #563 on: July 05, 2021, 03:41:44 AM »
Were the dudes all wasted in that Last one

arthurspooner

• Rep: 9
« Reply #564 on: July 05, 2021, 05:36:20 AM »
Expand Quote
burberry publicly apologized on his insta story today
[close]

LOL - What’s this dorks real name?

erik arteaga

Roy Machine

• Rep: -6
« Reply #565 on: July 05, 2021, 07:22:01 AM »
Funny that everyone was complaining that the participants of batb in the last years were skating too good, too perfect almost like robots and now that the games are relatable again people are complaining again. In todays world with endless cool insta Clips and countless mindblowing video parts I like to see that not everyone can do Switch whatever Flips.

Also I think it was a smart move from Berra to integrate the so called influencers and start demystifying them.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
« Reply #566 on: July 05, 2021, 07:41:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

a+ reference
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #567 on: July 05, 2021, 07:53:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

“That was a career destroyer right there”

ketoacidosis

• Rep: 0
« Reply #568 on: July 05, 2021, 07:58:28 AM »
Funny that everyone was complaining that the participants of batb in the last years were skating too good, too perfect almost like robots and now that the games are relatable again people are complaining again. In todays world with endless cool insta Clips and countless mindblowing video parts I like to see that not everyone can do Switch whatever Flips.

Also I think it was a smart move from Berra to integrate the so called influencers and start demystifying them.

What about them needs demystifying? There's nothing beneath the surface with these guys that needs uncovering; they are the most accessible and vapid within this competition.

Roy Machine

• Rep: -6
« Reply #569 on: July 05, 2021, 08:16:13 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What about them needs demystifying? There's nothing beneath the surface with these guys that needs uncovering; they are the most accessible and vapid within this competition.

Because often all you see from them is created by themselves so you only see the self created brand. They don't do demos or have to deal with tricky interview questions or team mates. Influencers create this perfect image of themselves without flaws and it is refreshing to see that bureberry e.g. cant pop kickflips