Author Topic: BATB12  (Read 306373 times)

matty_c

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
Re: BATB12
« Reply #570 on: July 05, 2021, 08:26:56 AM »
That’s Instagram for you
listen to cosmic psychos

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #571 on: July 05, 2021, 09:01:47 AM »
I haven't watched BATB in years, but dude this Burberry kid got some wack style. Liberty spikes won't hide the fact that you got negative chin

ChrisSennsGirlfriend

• Rep: 126
« Reply #572 on: July 05, 2021, 02:56:33 PM »
Expand Quote
I find it somewhat ironic that individuals who crave the attention of others and build their entire rep on social media (which thrives on said attention-seeking) buckle//get nerves/"aren't in the right headspace" when people actually give them attention.

Also, is that guy's hat the second coming of the famous Dr. Seuss hat that was so popular in some circles in the 90s?
[close]

agree, no sympathy here at all, these skaters have warm up time and it is not like they turn up there and play SKATE right away.  I youtubed Purdy and burberry on his clips he clearly could skate and is doing so much thing to "get eyes on me" at the park, alright man go land a kickflip.

yeah. dude whose entire existence seems predicated on 'PLEASE LOOK AT ME' decision making issuing a public apology for not being able to function when people are looking at them.

this is the darkest timeline.
Mike Anderson is a small town labor union hottie

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #573 on: July 05, 2021, 03:13:15 PM »
I haven't watched BATB in years, but dude this Burberry kid got some wack style. Liberty spikes won't hide the fact that you got negative chin

This is Negative Chin, or NegaChin. Erry just doesn't have one at all... no chin and no kickflip.

I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

drcroc

« Reply #574 on: July 05, 2021, 03:30:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Funny that everyone was complaining that the participants of batb in the last years were skating too good, too perfect almost like robots and now that the games are relatable again people are complaining again. In todays world with endless cool insta Clips and countless mindblowing video parts I like to see that not everyone can do Switch whatever Flips.

Also I think it was a smart move from Berra to integrate the so called influencers and start demystifying them.
[close]

What about them needs demystifying? There's nothing beneath the surface with these guys that needs uncovering; they are the most accessible and vapid within this competition.
[close]

Because often all you see from them is created by themselves so you only see the self created brand. They don't do demos or have to deal with tricky interview questions or team mates. Influencers create this perfect image of themselves without flaws and it is refreshing to see that bureberry e.g. cant pop kickflips

I just rewatched this... The Burberry kid is actually pretty good. It seems like he just kinda wasn't taking it seriously enough. I believe his whole too nervous excuse actually.

I actually wanted him to win because I fuck with the spikey hair and Good Charlotte style. Although his necklace was truly awful and skating in dunks at BATB is a terrible move. Way too clunky. Get some Emerica Reynolds 3s.

The Sunny Suljic kid annoys me. Seems kind of full of himself.

hamisonrye

• Rep: -17
« Reply #575 on: July 05, 2021, 03:33:15 PM »
I feel like Skate Moss current flat ground is better than Purdy and Burberry, lol.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #576 on: July 05, 2021, 03:59:09 PM »
I wonder if he would've done better if he wasn't wearing brand new patent leather jordans? I feel like some of these "influencers" really goofed by agreeing to do this because the second they're up against an actual sponsored skater they're gonna get smoked.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #577 on: July 05, 2021, 04:04:37 PM »
Real footage of Blueberry leaving the Berrics after the loss

https://youtu.be/zOTFwpA7n1M

Don

• Rep: -31
« Reply #578 on: July 05, 2021, 04:08:39 PM »
I feel like Skate Moss current flat ground is better than Purdy and Burberry, lol.

She’s pretty good now tbh

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #579 on: July 05, 2021, 04:12:07 PM »
In all honesty, I was completely shocked by how level headed Burberry Erry seemed, especially in the initial interview. Not what I was expecting, and it definitely felt good to have him humanized. I used to get all filled with unexplainable anger when I saw his clips, now I kinda laugh at them. And it feels a bit like laughing along with him, because he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously. His IG is corny as corny gets, but he's mellow.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Letsfilmavideo

• Rep: 16
« Reply #580 on: July 05, 2021, 04:17:49 PM »
Influencer killed the berries battle star
I always got one of my boys holdin a jar of leak and a fat blunt, so as soon as i land the trick we gettin wet you know?

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #581 on: July 05, 2021, 04:20:45 PM »
shirtless supreme bird boy vs stockx bird leg cyberpunk hosted by willy wonkas

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #582 on: July 05, 2021, 04:44:11 PM »
do you think the oompa loompas ever had orgies at the factory while covered in chocolate. i wouldnt drink from that river tbh

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #583 on: July 05, 2021, 05:25:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Funny that everyone was complaining that the participants of batb in the last years were skating too good, too perfect almost like robots and now that the games are relatable again people are complaining again. In todays world with endless cool insta Clips and countless mindblowing video parts I like to see that not everyone can do Switch whatever Flips.

Also I think it was a smart move from Berra to integrate the so called influencers and start demystifying them.
[close]

What about them needs demystifying? There's nothing beneath the surface with these guys that needs uncovering; they are the most accessible and vapid within this competition.
[close]

Because often all you see from them is created by themselves so you only see the self created brand. They don't do demos or have to deal with tricky interview questions or team mates. Influencers create this perfect image of themselves without flaws and it is refreshing to see that bureberry e.g. cant pop kickflips
[close]

I just rewatched this... The Burberry kid is actually pretty good. It seems like he just kinda wasn't taking it seriously enough. I believe his whole too nervous excuse actually.

I actually wanted him to win because I fuck with the spikey hair and Good Charlotte style. Although his necklace was truly awful and skating in dunks at BATB is a terrible move. Way too clunky. Get some Emerica Reynolds 3s.

The Sunny Suljic kid annoys me. Seems kind of full of himself.

you think sunny is full of himself but like burberry. holy christ on a cracker

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #584 on: July 05, 2021, 05:31:24 PM »
Id love to see Arin murder these fools.....or Ben Degros play a game of skate while reviewing a set of trucks.....

biaherl

• Rep: 253
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #585 on: July 05, 2021, 05:55:26 PM »
Watching this video made me like Burberry even more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgo12iQ-bdk

I'm a skateboarder I like skateboarding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhEsNDQsRkM

HiResDes

• Rep: -39
« Reply #586 on: July 05, 2021, 09:59:10 PM »
I don't understand those versus trick videos where it's something relatively hard like a nollie tre versus something which seems damn near impossible like the BS One-Foot 360.

Also is that annoying Johnny guy competing this time, seems like he and Sewa are always gonna take it.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
« Reply #587 on: July 05, 2021, 10:55:27 PM »
Id love to see Arin murder these fools.....or Ben Degros play a game of skate while reviewing a set of trucks.....

Is Arin in this?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #588 on: July 05, 2021, 11:06:01 PM »
I don't think so, hope I'm wrong.....

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #589 on: July 06, 2021, 12:37:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Is Arin in this?

Expand Quote
is there anywhere a full picture of the entire bracket is posted? I checked the berrics site and only found videos linking to different brackets but not the whole thing.
[close]

yo, i gotchu. edited out the winners of the past two games to avoid spoilering and some other unnecessary shit.

not in it. unfortunately.

HiResDes

• Rep: -39
« Reply #590 on: July 06, 2021, 01:10:14 AM »
Johnny Giger vs Chris Chann influencer final should be hype.

Trilogy

• Rep: -233
« Reply #591 on: July 06, 2021, 03:07:24 AM »
Luan Oliveira VS Tom Asta and Ishod VS Carlos Ribeiro are 2 games I am really looking forward to see!

P-Rod VS Nyjah should also be interesting.

Also Stevie VS Creager.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 04:03:16 AM by Trilogy »

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #592 on: July 06, 2021, 04:02:17 AM »
ribs man, a true icon.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #593 on: July 06, 2021, 04:38:20 AM »
Sk8 moss uncle randy told me this year is a surprise, after the “final” Bobby lightning is coming out and if thought deerdick stopped skrating just wait…..

He’s been practicing flat ground non stop for the last 5 years training day and night. I heard he invented 5 new tricks and is gunna sweep

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #594 on: July 06, 2021, 04:41:35 AM »

Noioso

• Rep: 90
  • "For me it's crazy like"
« Reply #595 on: July 06, 2021, 09:27:16 AM »
Not really related, but didn't they kinda do this before with Pros versus Joes? And didn't the "Joe" who won against all the other "Joes" not appear in the actual game?

I remember a kid doing a bunch of dork tricks and winning, and people were bummed, but I can't find any record of it.
"So, you want to follow the nuge, get a good feeble, a nice ollie, an excellent lipside, maybe a tolerable down love and become known for your outstanding kick flip el toro? Become a regular visitor at our skate parks. Righteous."

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #596 on: July 06, 2021, 09:43:19 AM »
Not really related, but didn't they kinda do this before with Pros versus Joes? And didn't the "Joe" who won against all the other "Joes" not appear in the actual game?

I remember a kid doing a bunch of dork tricks and winning, and people were bummed, but I can't find any record of it.

cody cepeda

Noioso

• Rep: 90
  • "For me it's crazy like"
« Reply #597 on: July 06, 2021, 09:52:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

cody cepeda

Maybe I'm making this up but I don't think that's right because Cody was in the actual games. I think the Joes all played a game, and some dude beat them all, including Cody.
"So, you want to follow the nuge, get a good feeble, a nice ollie, an excellent lipside, maybe a tolerable down love and become known for your outstanding kick flip el toro? Become a regular visitor at our skate parks. Righteous."

WavyDavy

• Rep: 129
« Reply #598 on: July 06, 2021, 09:57:20 AM »

Was this this kid with funky Huf socks doing pressure flip variations and all his homies were there celebrating him?
I swear this happened but I couldn't find it anymore. I remember watching it when it was released.

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #599 on: July 06, 2021, 09:59:13 AM »
Johnny Giger vs Chris Chann influencer final should be hype.

is chris really that consistent with flatground?