Author Topic: BATB12  (Read 306359 times)

valuecommonsense

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -69
Re: BATB12
« Reply #840 on: July 19, 2021, 02:23:37 PM »
lol might as well say no switch tricks allowed til all the regular tricks have been done either then  ;D ;D ;D

Uhhh? You saw Maltos switch flip in this game right? Anyone who compares switch to double flips deserves to starve for a month honestly.

Mr.Jenkins

• Rep: 156
« Reply #841 on: July 19, 2021, 02:49:50 PM »
Expand Quote
This combined with the xgames best trick makes two Midler ego tantrums I’ve watched today. If I didn’t know I was doing it for Midler I might consider this day wasted.
[close]

the way he acted at the end of x games was even more cringe than the BATB game. dude is a fucking kook

This caught my attention too- and then saw the Berrics game right after and dude seemed way off there too. Was he high or something? Dudes seems so obnoxious its ridiculous.

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #842 on: July 19, 2021, 03:23:32 PM »
The Berries must be insanely desperate if they’re shoving Midler into BATB after being the only dude to ever lose at Skate or Dice. What a joke. Malto v Torey was good as shit though can’t wait for the Cole and Prod games.

WavyDavy

• Rep: 129
« Reply #843 on: July 19, 2021, 03:32:49 PM »
The Berries must be insanely desperate if they’re shoving Midler into BATB after being the only dude to ever lose at Skate or Dice. What a joke. Malto v Torey was good as shit though can’t wait for the Cole and Prod games.

Nah, he was in there because of his illegal civ fame.

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #844 on: July 19, 2021, 05:04:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That game had me entertained.

A rule stating no double flips until literally every regular/switch and bs/fs 180 variation of everything is done would be nice - something along those lines anyway.
[close]

JFC why

the rules are already like six pages long
[close]

I had to look up JFC. I thought you might've meant "just for clarification", but you mean "JESUS FUCKING CHRIST" to which I say, ease up big fella.

I guess the reason I suggest this loose idea of a rule in a hypothetical context is just that I think if you're gonna put rules to a game of skate it'd probably be more tasteful if you had to do a switch backside flip before you did double flips.
[close]

Bro double flips arent hard move your front foot a little further back. People like you are why i always start my game of skate with them.

Why should i give you respect in a game of skate with tastefull tricks only for you to set switch regular fakie and nollie shuvs...
[close]

I bet people are lined up around the block to play the first trick double flip guy in skate.
[close]

Heath did fakie double against daveed early on in their match. Just throwing that out there.

I never said anything about wanting to do shove-its every which way and I didn't say double flips were hard either. That being said, being able to shuv in every direction and stance would show more board control to me than a double flip.

Good for Heath, I guess...I wasn't losing my mind over this suggestion. Just personally would be more impressed/entertained by people doing all 4 versions of everything (or pretty much everything) before they got at all circus-like (double flips, late flips, pressure flips, caspers or whatever the fuck else people do)
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

companguero

• Rep: 247
  • sesquipedalian
« Reply #845 on: July 20, 2021, 04:35:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

A rule stating no double flips until literally every regular/switch and bs/fs 180 variation of everything is done would be nice - something along those lines anyway.
[close]

JFC why

[close]

I had to look up JFC. I thought you might've meant "just for clarification", but you mean "JESUS FUCKING CHRIST" to which I say, ease up big fella.

I guess the reason I suggest this loose idea of a rule in a hypothetical context is just that I think if you're gonna put rules to a game of skate it'd probably be more tasteful if you had to do a switch backside flip before you did double flips.
[close]

Bro double flips arent hard move your front foot a little further back. People like you are why i always start my game of skate with them.

Why should i give you respect in a game of skate with tastefull tricks only for you to set switch regular fakie and nollie shuvs...
[close]

I bet people are lined up around the block to play the first trick double flip guy in skate.
[close]

Heath did fakie double against daveed early on in their match. Just throwing that out there.
[close]

I never said anything about wanting to do shove-its every which way and I didn't say double flips were hard either. That being said, being able to shuv in every direction and stance would show more board control to me than a double flip.

Good for Heath, I guess...I wasn't losing my mind over this suggestion. Just personally would be more impressed/entertained by people doing all 4 versions of everything (or pretty much everything) before they got at all circus-like (double flips, late flips, pressure flips, caspers or whatever the fuck else people do)

Nothing wrong with your preferences but I would rather watch a competition that involves compelling match-ups between skater's strategies at every attempt than an exhibition of two people running a litany of "tasteful" tricks to determine who gasses out first.

Those good faith basics are a respectful way to stretch a game out a bit for fun but I think your suggestions would end up depriving you of excitement.

It's 'SKATE' not 'Around the World'

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #846 on: July 20, 2021, 09:43:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

JFC why

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I can't nollie or switch flip but it always surprises me, how many letters you can people give, with just all the 8 pop shuvs.
IG: @flowterspace

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #847 on: July 20, 2021, 10:46:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

JFC why

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I can't nollie or switch flip but it always surprises me, how many letters you can people give, with just all the 8 pop shuvs.

Best way to fuck over someone with a deep bag of tech tricks.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #848 on: July 20, 2021, 11:25:33 PM »
How good is fakie front shove I know everyone calls it fakie shove but it’s front shove

Looks easy but you go flying if you haven’t got it
Did it to a mate who’s way better than me and he damn near broke his wrist

Edit

Fakie body varials a fairly obscure one too, ahaha
I mean you would have it dialled in maybe 10 goes or less but you’ll get a letter on some prick if they never tried one, they’ll get their foot in the way or poo shoot for sure
listen to cosmic psychos

flippy lippy

• Rep: -23
« Reply #849 on: July 21, 2021, 05:23:25 AM »
Really guys

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #850 on: July 21, 2021, 06:38:35 AM »
I thought we were calling them shove-ems now.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #851 on: July 24, 2021, 08:32:06 AM »
ableSkateMag.com

lavachebeadsman

• Rep: -4
« Reply #852 on: July 24, 2021, 08:35:07 AM »
Getting someone E on a pressure flip is so cringe

skateviewer

• Rep: 5
« Reply #853 on: July 24, 2021, 08:48:25 AM »
don't like how mr. cariuma felt the need to step off his board and push immediately after ever trick, makes his rollaway last 0.5 seconds and catches his balance

TheDingus

« Reply #854 on: July 24, 2021, 08:57:06 AM »
Imagine breaking your shitty bryte board mid game and losing to a child doings pressure flip.

HiResDes

• Rep: -39
« Reply #855 on: July 24, 2021, 09:01:08 AM »
Imagine breaking your shitty bryte board mid game and losing to a child doings pressure flip.

I think he deserved it, half of his 360 variations were powerslid and he stepped off the board immediately after to negate balance and also go right into his next trick like he was running a no huddle offense

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1135
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #856 on: July 24, 2021, 09:13:41 AM »
those 180 reverts were dope as hell yo

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #857 on: July 24, 2021, 09:15:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think he deserved it, half of his 360 variations were powerslid and he stepped off the board immediately after to negate balance and also go right into his next trick like he was running a no huddle offense

Totally
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Mariatorresflores

• Rep: -95
« Reply #858 on: July 24, 2021, 09:59:28 AM »
No Tumblr post ID supplied.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Totally

Ditto. All I know's when those two play skate everyone loses.

germy rogirs

• Rep: -14
« Reply #859 on: July 24, 2021, 11:28:02 AM »
Another Carumia clone out in round 1 8)

Aye!uhhaha

• Rep: -2
« Reply #860 on: July 24, 2021, 12:07:06 PM »
if cariuma doesn't make it to the finals, will there be a finals?

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #861 on: July 24, 2021, 12:23:31 PM »
I liked that little dude.  Already got some skills and seems like he’ll grow into his style.

Carolina dude was fine for a Joe and had some nice looking tricks, but giving a dissatisfied shrug immediately after every other trick is one of my least favorite qualities in a skateboarder.

Being good is supposed to look fun.

You’re playing SKATE, my dude… you landed it… it’s fine.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #862 on: July 24, 2021, 01:24:20 PM »
What does GLX even mean? And why isn't the berries using his real last name—Cockream. Oh wait

YBOS

• Rep: 14
« Reply #863 on: July 24, 2021, 01:51:58 PM »
What does GLX even mean? And why isn't the berries using his real last name—Cockream. Oh wait

GLX stands for "God Lord Xenu"

TheDingus

« Reply #864 on: July 24, 2021, 02:10:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

10/10 would gnar.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #865 on: July 24, 2021, 02:26:38 PM »

Shocked Berra allowed footage of a Bryte deck breaking on flatground under the weight of a 120 pound kid to see the light of day.  Thought they were “something special” made with “a lot of care” because I could not purchase them at Zumiez.

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #866 on: July 24, 2021, 02:44:02 PM »
just like good BBQ - low and slow...

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #867 on: July 24, 2021, 03:02:26 PM »
Nothing says good advisement for your skateboard brand like showing footage of a skinny ass kid breaking one of your boards on a flatground trick.

Loady McGee

• Rep: 55
« Reply #868 on: July 24, 2021, 03:14:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Bozo Dubbed Over

• Rep: 1
« Reply #869 on: July 24, 2021, 03:40:23 PM »
One less Cariuma logo I’ll have to see again