Author Topic: BATB12  (Read 306396 times)

CorneliusCardew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: BATB12
« Reply #1050 on: August 10, 2021, 09:17:19 AM »
Mikey Winehouse been drinking too much of that syrup

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #1051 on: August 10, 2021, 09:18:17 AM »
what the

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 765
« Reply #1052 on: August 10, 2021, 10:10:37 AM »

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #1053 on: August 10, 2021, 12:59:21 PM »
Self proclaimed "Skate Goat" (yuck) pulls out double flips two tricks in= tasteless fake Pro

Chris Joslin replies with half cabs= tasteful legit Pro

the proof is in the pudding on this one.
Seriously at first I was like - what is Joslin doing? But it was like oh yeah he’s just clowning this guy for going straight to double flips

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #1054 on: August 10, 2021, 02:08:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Self proclaimed "Skate Goat" (yuck) pulls out double flips two tricks in= tasteless fake Pro

[close]
Seriously at first I was like - what is Joslin doing? But it was like oh yeah he’s just clowning this guy for going straight to double flips
I think some Joe tried some ugly ass double heelflips or tricks he knew Koston wasn't great at (hardflips) in the first pros vs joes early on, and I think Koston just fucked him over by responding with some fucked up early 90's pressure flips. I thought that was the best response to the try hards, but I don't think many pros have that many crazy early 90's tricks.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1055 on: August 10, 2021, 02:20:45 PM »
You're probably thinking about the Koston vs Nick Holt game.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1056 on: August 10, 2021, 03:08:21 PM »
Yeah, pretty sure that was it. The whole joe concept ruined it, to be honest. I can't blame these kids with no industry name to play respectfully when there is a cash price and they have no reputation to lose. But, it probably stops a ton of pros who may have gone on before to continue.

nocomply900

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1057 on: August 10, 2021, 07:56:53 PM »
Sorry if any of this has been covered, but three questions:

1. How much is Cariuma paying these guys (their skaters/the berries)?

2. Is there some kind of requirement and/or bonus for be sponsored by Cariuma?

3. Joslin on vaxxing?

TheDingus

« Reply #1058 on: August 10, 2021, 09:01:28 PM »
Berriuma is probably just paying their rent at this point.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #1059 on: August 10, 2021, 09:50:33 PM »
Sorry if any of this has been covered, but three questions:

1. How much is Cariuma paying these guys (their skaters/the berries)?

2. Is there some kind of requirement and/or bonus for be sponsored by Cariuma?

3. Joslin on vaxxing?
they were a game short because of a covid scare followed by a joslin game. probably nothing, but an interesting coincidence

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
« Reply #1060 on: August 10, 2021, 10:18:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
He was checking for weaknesses, then moved straight for the kill. The real master strives for efficiency.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #1061 on: August 10, 2021, 11:59:15 PM »
Expand Quote
I think some Joe tried some ugly ass double heelflips or tricks he knew Koston wasn't great at (hardflips) in the first pros vs joes early on, and I think Koston just fucked him over by responding with some fucked up early 90's pressure flips. I thought that was the best response to the try hards, but I don't think many pros have that many crazy early 90's tricks.
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah, pretty sure that was it. The whole joe concept ruined it, to be honest. I can't blame these kids with no industry name to play respectfully when there is a cash price and they have no reputation to lose. But, it probably stops a ton of pros who may have gone on before to continue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnce9Mq_TGs

out of interest i rewatched this game (lol, yeah i know.) and that's not really what happened. kid already got three letters and koston none. so he had to make a move and try some shit to get some letters on koston (i.e. hardflips). also koston was the first one to set a pressure flip he didn't make, even though he had zero letters and was not really under pressure and the kid hasn't even set his double heels but did a hardflip and tried fakie hardflip. double heel variations came after koston's pressure flip attempt. but yeah as someone pointed out already, joes have nothing to lose and a lot to prove, in whatever ways. it's death or glory for them. so it's only rational for them to come out of the gates swinging with some fucked up double-unusual-flip-stance-much-rotation-revert-circus-tricks. that's then probably two different things, rationality for the joe and aesthetics for the viewers. whatever. i enjoy watching this shit, even the bad games...

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1062 on: August 11, 2021, 12:09:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnce9Mq_TGs

out of interest i rewatched this game (lol, yeah i know.) and that's not really what happened. kid already got three letters and koston none. so he had to make a move and try some shit to get some letters on koston (i.e. hardflips). also koston was the first one to set a pressure flip he didn't make, even though he had zero letters and was not really under pressure and the kid hasn't even set his double heels but did a hardflip and tried fakie hardflip. double heel variations came after koston's pressure flip attempt. but yeah as someone pointed out already, joes have nothing to lose and a lot to prove, in whatever ways. it's death or glory for them. so it's only rational for them to come out of the gates swinging with some fucked up double-unusual-flip-stance-much-rotation-revert-circus-tricks. that's then probably two different things, rationality for the joe and aesthetics for the viewers. whatever. i enjoy watching this shit, even the bad games...
It's more a lot of the joes do these tricks while also looking horrifically doing them. I thought it was cool when Cory came out doing crazy shit vs Ramondetta but he was generally doing the tricks pretty well with pop and not skating at a snail's pace.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #1063 on: August 11, 2021, 01:46:35 AM »
haha yeah well, you are right. that's definitely true. :D

dustyassrocketswitchv

• Rep: -128
« Reply #1064 on: August 13, 2021, 01:43:05 PM »
No death blow videos from berrie this week. Are we getting battles tomorrow or what?
big texas cummer

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1065 on: August 14, 2021, 08:39:43 AM »
Alex midler is quickly running up the ranks as my most hated skater. Hes good but i’d be happy if i never saw him again.

Does he have a permanent sinus infection?

Fraserjamesjollyjamieson

• Rep: -17
  • Brown 2
« Reply #1066 on: August 14, 2021, 08:43:46 AM »
Alex midler is quickly running up the ranks as my most hated skater. Hes good but i’d be happy if i never saw him again.

Does he have a permanent sinus infection?

I laughed so hard when he talked shit on sunnys sw fs flip then proceeded to bail 3 atempts at one blaming the berrics groundafter every try

flippy lippy

• Rep: -23
« Reply #1067 on: August 14, 2021, 09:07:35 AM »
Midler on some weird shit

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #1068 on: August 14, 2021, 09:49:01 AM »
its pretty terrible watching midler skate

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #1069 on: August 14, 2021, 10:23:06 AM »

quadcuff

• Rep: -5
« Reply #1070 on: August 14, 2021, 10:37:23 AM »
not really that interesting yet

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2157
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #1071 on: August 14, 2021, 11:03:48 AM »
This Berra fuck really gonna try to play off his fumble like it's because they wanna disinfect all the park's surfaces, out of an abundance of concern for the safety of others?
All true Xenites know that with high enough of an operating thetan level, they'll be immune from the affects of the infection.
Everybody else is, by now, aware that COVID viral transmission usually results from contact w/ airborne droplets of bodily fluids (spit/mucus/etc.) and NOT typically by touching shared/common surfaces.
What might/could contribute to spreading the virus though, would be to put a group of people together, inside of an enclosed environment, while an athletic endeavor (read: skating) is underway. But hey, let's just pretend we're sanitizing the joint as a cover for the fact that a bunch of our competitors are declining to participate.
They actually came clean in that very same announcement from the start of the video, but then redirected & started fronting like they were looking out for public health.
It's a fucking online forum, for crying out loud... They can't skip the 15/20 pointless guests & just have the essential staff & talent be a) vaxxed, and b) tested within 24 hours of the battle?!? If the freaking olympics can pull it off on that massive scale, surely these goofs can manage to wrangle a weekly warehouse meeting of about 10 people.
Fucking rooks.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

dustyassrocketswitchv

• Rep: -128
big texas cummer

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
« Reply #1073 on: August 14, 2021, 02:08:03 PM »
That sunny kid is defo on Scientology.
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #1074 on: August 14, 2021, 02:38:39 PM »
weak. half that shit wouldnt be considered a make back in the day. or today

Don

• Rep: -31
« Reply #1075 on: August 14, 2021, 07:27:33 PM »

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #1076 on: August 14, 2021, 07:44:01 PM »
these games aren't live, right? so hypothetically, the whole season could be over but they're postponing broadcasting for bullshit? and if the park is open for sunny soljah and bette midler's kid, why not the real players?

Welcome back.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #1077 on: August 14, 2021, 10:28:35 PM »

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #1078 on: August 15, 2021, 06:44:36 AM »
Mid-ler crisis come early for this one

Spirit

• Rep: -20
  • Personal Text
« Reply #1079 on: August 15, 2021, 07:22:46 AM »
That sunny kid is defo on Scientology.

I remember someone on the /esg/ general posting a link to how deep both Berra and Koston were. There is a site which has extensive data on this. Anyone know which one it is? I'd love to check if Sunny is in there.