Author Topic: BATB12  (Read 306302 times)

what is wrong with you

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
Re: BATB12
« Reply #1200 on: August 22, 2021, 09:07:42 PM »
who are these people? why is this a thing?
Who really knows anymore

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #1201 on: August 22, 2021, 10:08:19 PM »
fake humility at the end all good game bro after acting like a little bitch

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #1202 on: August 22, 2021, 10:30:26 PM »

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1203 on: August 22, 2021, 11:10:43 PM »
We're taking a family road trip up the Pacific coast and have been staying in Santa Monica these past few days. The amount of Cariuma in Venice is staggering
Enjoy the coast! Go north, I promise cariumas don’t exist on the Oregon coast.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #1204 on: August 22, 2021, 11:12:06 PM »
:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRE_mTwDEjk

I’ve been avoiding this guy because I assumed he was one of those YouTube dudes that are annoying but, he doesn’t miss on this.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

WavyDavy

• Rep: 129
« Reply #1205 on: August 22, 2021, 11:27:20 PM »
Don't want to defend this Sean guy, but before he turned off the insta comments he answered to someone that he explained and showed how to do the trick to his opponent before the match and also after the match. Drying the match they cut the conversation, but idk. Now that he turned off alle the comments it seems really weird and dramatic.

RikiTakeuchi

• Rep: 5
« Reply #1206 on: August 22, 2021, 11:49:54 PM »
wtf are you all smoking.

all of you calling it a pop shuv would, by the same logic, call every impossible a 360 shuv. The wrap would no longer make a difference in the trick.

idk about the name but it clearly wraps before he flips it back over, so it's not a pop shuv.

Regarding the whole "unsportsmanlike" behavior issue, this kind of reaction is overblown and disproportionate. The reaction to this is more appropriate for something like Nickelback lead singer focusing the other guy's board or spitting on him or something. He already tried to explain the trick to him once, and I understood it easily without him having to explain. You all are acting like the participants in every matchup have to go on a candlelit 3 course dinner date after the battle, and yet at the same time complain about all the celebratory hugging after each trick in a video. Fucks sake. No I am not Nickelback lead singer or associated with them in any way, but what he did was hardly deserving of this "burn him at the stake" reaction.

See bobby worst below for an example of worse behavior. Arrived late, battle was supposed to start at 2pm, arrived at 2:07 and his board wasn't even gripped yet, and then coolguyed mikemo cause he can't take a joke about making everyone at the berries wait on him. Are you going to burn him at the stake for this too?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtdSwXkCIj8

chill out Sean

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #1207 on: August 23, 2021, 12:45:09 AM »
We are the real loser for watching battle at the berriumas

We were the real kook last all along

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 484
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1208 on: August 23, 2021, 01:08:23 AM »
This guy has a bryte future

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1209 on: August 23, 2021, 02:56:10 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpYr_pyXQls

I usually dont watch the BATB but seeing the Trocadero and Pierre-Andre announcing in French made my day. It's just so much better to see this happening outside, and not in the sterile confines of a private skatepark....
Also the bonus tricks at le Dome double set were rad as fuck. Giraud seems to have hardlips late flip on lock everywhere which is just insane....the way he adds ollie/pop shove/ollie afterwards....it all looks too easy for the dude. It's pretty rare to see someone doing a trick on that double set and then handling the 3 subsequent stair sets.....

QixHexagon

• Rep: 31
« Reply #1210 on: August 23, 2021, 03:52:05 AM »
Sean Davis is the Karen of social media skateboarding.

gabbesucks

« Reply #1211 on: August 23, 2021, 04:35:01 AM »

lucascbn

• Rep: 21
  • #maconha
« Reply #1212 on: August 23, 2021, 05:53:47 AM »

lucascbn

• #maconha
« Reply #1213 on: August 23, 2021, 05:59:13 AM »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

LOL you're the Shawn Davis of this thread, fuck off.

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 279
« Reply #1214 on: August 23, 2021, 06:27:59 AM »
wtf are you all smoking.

all of you calling it a pop shuv would, by the same logic, call every impossible a 360 shuv. The wrap would no longer make a difference in the trick.

idk about the name but it clearly wraps before he flips it back over, so it's not a pop shuv.

Regarding the whole "unsportsmanlike" behavior issue, this kind of reaction is overblown and disproportionate. The reaction to this is more appropriate for something like Nickelback lead singer focusing the other guy's board or spitting on him or something. He already tried to explain the trick to him once, and I understood it easily without him having to explain. You all are acting like the participants in every matchup have to go on a candlelit 3 course dinner date after the battle, and yet at the same time complain about all the celebratory hugging after each trick in a video. Fucks sake. No I am not Nickelback lead singer or associated with them in any way, but what he did was hardly deserving of this "burn him at the stake" reaction.

See bobby worst below for an example of worse behavior. Arrived late, battle was supposed to start at 2pm, arrived at 2:07 and his board wasn't even gripped yet, and then coolguyed mikemo cause he can't take a joke about making everyone at the berries wait on him. Are you going to burn him at the stake for this too?
It looks like he was just trying to say hello to everyone. It's like getting to a party, trying to make the rounds, and one friend (usually drunk or something) talking your ear off about some shit. Give me a minute...we'll talk...i just got here.

Shout out to late era Pitcrew coach's jacket.

Mad Max

« Reply #1215 on: August 23, 2021, 06:33:56 AM »
wtf are you all smoking.

No no no no no... No he doesn't. He just keeps it under control. There's no pressure (scoop) or flipping involved.

When did you start skating?
It's important because I am so sick of people calling 360 shove its impossibles. It is not the same thing. At all.
I'm going to blame the misnomer on the berrics who qualified a 360 shove -it as an impossible in a game of SKATE years back.
You want to see a real impossible that actually rotates on a vertical or horizontal access with the griptape touching the top of the shoe or inside of the ankle? Check Rodney Mullen, Ed Templeton, Alex Moul, Geoff Rowley for good examples.

Seriously, stop calling the bent 360 shove-it an impossible. Claiming this heresy just shows you to be ignorant and stupid.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #1216 on: August 23, 2021, 06:45:41 AM »
Expand Quote
wtf are you all smoking.

[close]
It looks like he was just trying to say hello to everyone. It's like getting to a party, trying to make the rounds, and one friend (usually drunk or something) talking your ear off about some shit. Give me a minute...we'll talk...i just got here.

I knew a kid like this at my old local indoor park who was so bad that if he saw me pull up in the parking lot he would actually run outside and crowd my car before I could even get out. And by kid I mean grown dude the same age as me who thought he was a Berrics character or something.

atheosx

• Rep: -17
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1217 on: August 23, 2021, 06:53:21 AM »
You can tell EVERYTHING about a person based on whether they allow comments on their instagram posts or not.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #1218 on: August 23, 2021, 06:56:11 AM »
lol you guys arguing about trick names..

The other guy could have done the trick same way but he didn't and got a letter.. It's not about what the tricks are called it's about how you do it etc. style and tricks matter.. Sean just has terrible taste.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #1219 on: August 23, 2021, 07:34:29 AM »

I usually dont watch the BATB but seeing the Trocadero and Pierre-Andre announcing in French made my day. It's just so much better to see this happening outside, and not in the sterile confines of a private skatepark....
Also the bonus tricks at le Dome double set were rad as fuck. Giraud seems to have hardlips late flip on lock everywhere which is just insane....the way he adds ollie/pop shove/ollie afterwards....it all looks too easy for the dude. It's pretty rare to see someone doing a trick on that double set and then handling the 3 subsequent stair sets.....
As beautiful as Paris is, it still couldn't make up for TJ Rogers cul-de-sac gangsta costume

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1220 on: August 23, 2021, 07:40:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
wtf are you all smoking.

[close]

[close]

I knew a kid like this at my old local indoor park who was so bad that if he saw me pull up in the parking lot he would actually run outside and crowd my car before I could even get out. And by kid I mean grown dude the same age as me who thought he was a Berrics character or something.

oh yeah i knew a guy like this growing up, we called him Raptor cause he was relentless with the shit, always there as a sidler in your circles trying to get it, and he also kinda looked like a raptor. but yeah if i was skating a spot with peeps hed always be like yooooo and youd try and act like you didnt see him to not get embarrassed :( poor guy
ONTARIO CANADA

HiResDes

• Rep: -39
« Reply #1221 on: August 23, 2021, 07:49:45 AM »
Yeah that was such a horrid game, one of the worst cabs I've ever seen done in my life.

Bozo Dubbed Over

• Rep: 1

WavyDavy

• Rep: 129
« Reply #1223 on: August 23, 2021, 08:01:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
As beautiful as Paris is, it still couldn't make up for TJ Rogers cul-de-sac gangsta costume

I don't get how people have problems with girauds fit compared to TJ, wearing wife beater and cap like seen in the Thumbnail

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
« Reply #1224 on: August 23, 2021, 08:12:22 AM »
Expand Quote
We are the real loser for watching battle at the berriumas
[close]

We were the real kook last all along

https://youtu.be/1TO48Cnl66w

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #1225 on: August 23, 2021, 08:25:37 AM »
its just entertainment. they shouldnt try to be famous then. battle of the stupid hats. dude should lose twice for how he wore that. anyway in the actual game between bobby and dan lutheran years ago you can see the disappointment in mike mos face when bobby wins. sean davis on chess. idiot probably couldnt build a gingerbread house. thats not the angle thats not the angle

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #1226 on: August 23, 2021, 08:26:37 AM »
that french dude skates like a San Diego local circa fall 1997, iillusion flips. TJ does his own thing and is easy to root for.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #1227 on: August 23, 2021, 08:50:22 AM »
that french dude skates like a San Diego local circa fall 1997, iillusion flips. TJ does his own thing and is easy to root for.
Is he?  He looks like he vapes inside his modded shitbox car.

lucascbn

• #maconha
« Reply #1228 on: August 23, 2021, 10:13:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Is he?  He looks like he vapes inside his modded shitbox car. (actually accurate)

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #1229 on: August 23, 2021, 10:19:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Is he?  He looks like he vapes inside his modded shitbox car.
dude looks like he drives a lowered civic with a lot of stickers on it