Author Topic: BATB12  (Read 307247 times)

FBK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: BATB12
« Reply #1680 on: September 18, 2021, 12:17:21 PM »
Damn, dude should have gotten a letter straightaway on the fs 360

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #1681 on: September 18, 2021, 01:06:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Everything about Gustavo's skating is terrible. At least Lucas has decent style and looks like he's having fun when skating.
[close]

dude what are you talking about? I would love to have that amount of board control. Look at the nollie double flip again, it's almost a late double flip with how precise he was with the flick. He's kinda got a Sewa thing going on, and some of his tricks weren't done that great, but saying everything about his skating is terrible is such a bitchy take
[close]

Anyone that thinks Gustavo Ribeiro is a rad skater clearly does not understand skateboarding.
[close]

Isn’t that a bit harsh? He’s just your typical south of the border contest skater. I get why he may not be your cup of tea but he does clearly have some impressive board control. Obviously Lucas is the better of the two from a style perspective but I didn’t think it was that bad to the point of saying “if you don’t hate him you don’t know shit”
brazil isn’t exactly “south of the border”

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #1682 on: September 18, 2021, 01:33:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Everything about Gustavo's skating is terrible. At least Lucas has decent style and looks like he's having fun when skating.
[close]

dude what are you talking about? I would love to have that amount of board control. Look at the nollie double flip again, it's almost a late double flip with how precise he was with the flick. He's kinda got a Sewa thing going on, and some of his tricks weren't done that great, but saying everything about his skating is terrible is such a bitchy take
[close]

Anyone that thinks Gustavo Ribeiro is a rad skater clearly does not understand skateboarding.
[close]

Isn’t that a bit harsh? He’s just your typical south of the border contest skater. I get why he may not be your cup of tea but he does clearly have some impressive board control. Obviously Lucas is the better of the two from a style perspective but I didn’t think it was that bad to the point of saying “if you don’t hate him you don’t know shit”
[close]
Neither is his home country, Portugal
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

turd fergusion

• Rep: -6
« Reply #1683 on: September 18, 2021, 01:38:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

He’s not from Brazil….

I didn’t feel like listing every country south of Mexico.

turd fergusion

« Reply #1684 on: September 18, 2021, 01:41:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
Neither is his home country, Portugal

I thought he was from Central America. My mistake. I just knew he wasn’t Brazilian but I can see why people would assume he is. I also forgot he rides for Jart.

Global Moderator

« Reply #1685 on: September 18, 2021, 03:34:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If you can't respect that board control, then you're a fucking idiot who's trying too hard to seem cool.

Todd Falcon also has tremendous board control.

stillcantreflip

• Rep: -11
« Reply #1686 on: September 18, 2021, 03:49:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

If you can't respect that board control, then you're a fucking idiot who's trying too hard to seem cool.
[close]

Todd Falcon also has tremendous board control.

yeah and todd falcon is a legend of the game, whats your point

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 110
« Reply #1687 on: September 18, 2021, 03:58:16 PM »
lucas's frontside half cab was sick

idk why but it bugs me when people go for shit like double flips and 540 shuvs when there is still so many other "normal" tricks left. like do that sw bs flip first

maybe im just a hater

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1688 on: September 18, 2021, 04:13:17 PM »
Korn sucks
Agreed but corn spelled with c is amazing.  I like it best grilled with the husk on, grilling tip throw a little butter in there after soaking the husk

turd fergusion

« Reply #1689 on: September 18, 2021, 04:14:10 PM »

idk why but it bugs me when people go for shit like double flips and 540 shuvs when there is still so many other "normal" tricks left. like do that sw bs flip first

maybe im just a hater

I agree. Especially when you have a whole bunch of basics left. Reminds me of Sewa.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1069
« Reply #1690 on: September 18, 2021, 04:53:39 PM »
Expand Quote

maybe im just a hater
[close]

I agree. Especially when you have a whole bunch of basics left. Reminds me of Sewa.

If it’s a competitive match, fuck normal tricks. If I’m trying to when I’m going out the gate with my weird shit.

turd fergusion

« Reply #1691 on: September 18, 2021, 05:34:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

maybe im just a hater
[close]

[close]

If it’s a competitive match, fuck normal tricks. If I’m trying to when I’m going out the gate with my weird shit.

You’re not wrong, it just Irritates the shit out of the “core” skaters. They’d say that’s jock mentality and there’s no room in skateboarding for that….

I do think it’s lame to throw a double flip 6-7 tricks in though

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #1692 on: September 18, 2021, 05:59:16 PM »
Lucas' frontside half cab and frontside 360 were both pretty incredible. I watched the 360 in slow motion and it looks like they don't turn the board frontside until the ollie is almost at full height and then spins so fast and their shoulders don't rotate back forward until he's rolling away. So sick.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 06:22:18 PM by funeral_tuxedo »

conqueso

« Reply #1693 on: September 18, 2021, 06:25:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Damn, dude should have gotten a letter straightaway on the fs 360
[close]

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1694 on: September 18, 2021, 06:54:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Never paid attention to lucas or that whole group of red bull wearin euro(no bias, just a description) robots but dude has some style and pop.
[close]
No doubt they rip i just kinda boring. I’d watch that new emerica vid a hundred times before i’d watch any of their parts.
Different taste i guess

the only thing gustavo and lucas have in common is the redbull hat and the portuguese sounding name (though lucas is from brazil and gustavo from portugal)

lucas' skating is on a whole different category

TheDingus

« Reply #1695 on: September 18, 2021, 07:38:27 PM »
Ironically worn Korn shirt with intentionally ripped sleeve. I’d expect nothing less from something on the berriumas. Lucas rips though.

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 280
« Reply #1696 on: September 18, 2021, 08:02:04 PM »
Sorry to detour from this match but can someone tell me more about Clean Cause, the yerba mate the Berrics is promoting/has a partnership with? I saw that they did a feature with a rider recently and they have tagged it in a bunch of their videos.

From the website, I see that the way they market themselves is "to support individuals in recovery from alcohol and drug addiction. 50% of profits fund sober living scholarships, intended to bridge the critical gap between rehab & reintegration...Clean Cause has created a sustainable source of funding for addiction recovery efforts. These sober living scholarships afford people coming out of rehab, homelessness, or incarceration the opportunity to focus on establishing a recovery routine and finding employment. " In the FAQ, they state "We do not donate financially to organizations or charities, but grant our sober living scholarships on an individual basis via our online scholarship application."

On one hand, I could give the benefit of the doubt and laud the goal of giving individuals in recover help during a serious housing crunch. Getting help making rent in a private group home would be a fine thing. A scholarship could provide first and last month's rent/fees/security (something that is a barrier to many folks) and lessen the burden while trying to establish a permanent residence for job applications, etc.

On the other hand, I could be pessimistic, see this as another charity angle the berrics runs for its products. It's one thing to sell your stuff by marketing around helping trees but a marketing around people is something else. Additionally, the application is a little weird as (among other things) they discuss collecting info for statistical analysis, stating contact info will not be sold but I guess everything else is fair game. (I don't imagine a yerba mate company has a lot of time to be doing statistical analysis on addiction but I could be wrong.) There's also the other uneasy points of them requiring AA. Or the Berrics past partnerships with alcohol companies, whether it be bryte x angry orchard or koston with st archer. (Oddly enough Bryte has done a collabo with both angry orchard and Clean Cause this past year.)

I'm ignorant on some of intricacies of sober living, so I was wondering what folks thoughts on this is? I'm not necessarily questioning dude giving folks money for rent; but I am a little weary of the marketing, questioning the efficacy of scholarships, and, of course, sus of the Berrics involvement in this.

Just realize I wrote a book. TLDR:  Berrics selling yerba mate that markets itself as a force of good helping those in recovery: Yay or nay?

https://cleancause.com/blogs/press/theberrics-and-cleancause-team-up-to-fight-addiction

http://www.ladowntownnews.com/business/the-berrics-clean-cause-support-addiction-therapy/article_addc7122-4479-11eb-9cb7-8761cebb6ba5.html

Edit:  Seems like the marketing dude/one of the people involved with Clean Cause in those articles also is highly associated with Sway, the energy drink the Berrics pushes (and sponsors Mamaskate). Oh and alcoholic beverages. Lots of alcoholic beverages. https://www.elegance-brands.com/brands/

Edit edit: And it seems like it's not just the marketing dude. The Berrics trumpets their relationship with Elegance brands:  https://www.bevnet.com/news/2021/sway-energy-drink-and-the-berrics-announce-new-partnership/ Wonder if you can Elegance Vodka next to your Clean Cause?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 08:38:03 PM by DanCorteseFromMTVSports »

flippy lippy

• Rep: -23
« Reply #1697 on: September 18, 2021, 08:04:37 PM »
Tj seems mad fake like he's tryna be nice, why he the ref if he's just gonna shrug whenever they need a ref? Gustavo skated sooo fucking slow for a sponsored skater, idk what board control yall talking bout took him like 4 tries to land a sw tre at 1mph. Dude clearly spent hours practicing his 540 shuvs but can't even fudge an fs 360? Nice double cariuma logos dog. Shoutout Lucas for rocking the Penny mushroom board

DM

• Rep: 25
« Reply #1698 on: September 18, 2021, 11:45:59 PM »
..and penny shirt, good shit.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1699 on: September 19, 2021, 01:15:46 AM »
The rules guy with the “whoops, is my sleeve ripped?  Hadn’t even noticed” shirt.  ::)
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 606
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #1700 on: September 19, 2021, 03:13:34 AM »
'Put on your shoes and don't forget about the tshirt, stuff the viewers til they puke'
Cariuma's Marketing Head

Trilogy

• Rep: -263
« Reply #1701 on: September 19, 2021, 04:23:47 AM »
I am portuguese, but that dude Gustavo Ribeiro has one of the corniest and worst styles ever!!!!!!!!!!!

Rein

• Rep: -21
« Reply #1702 on: September 19, 2021, 04:28:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Everything about his skating just screams 'I've been practicing flip/360 flip fs board/bs lip/fs blunt/fs feeble/fs lip/bs crook every day for the past 10 years at my local park. My local park also has some of those dudes as well and when you play a game of SKATE with them they can't do any basic switch or nollie trick. It feels like a really mechanical way of skateboarding which I think is incredibly boring. Same thing applies to Kelvin Hoefler and Aurelien Giraud.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1703 on: September 19, 2021, 08:15:27 AM »

How BATB end up at this state?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Spirit

• Rep: -20
  • Personal Text
« Reply #1704 on: September 19, 2021, 08:22:09 AM »

How BATB end up at this state?

I can't wait for the first round to be over. I am very very bad at handling cringe and this made me grind my teeth.

kilgoret

• Rep: -35
« Reply #1705 on: September 19, 2021, 08:23:14 AM »
just went on that tony dudes ig. he's got 105k followers. what a shit show farce this social media bullshit world is we're all living in now. shit's a straight up joke. i want out.

flippy lippy

• Rep: -23
« Reply #1706 on: September 19, 2021, 08:25:17 AM »
Rocket ollies dude? Is this a fucking joke?

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -78
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1707 on: September 19, 2021, 08:29:17 AM »
Love how that dude looked so disappointed at missing his nollie tre as if he had any chance of landing it. 10/10 game

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #1708 on: September 19, 2021, 08:40:50 AM »
I was really hoping he was gonna lose the game on that kickflip.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

TheDingus

« Reply #1709 on: September 19, 2021, 08:43:46 AM »
New marketing ploy; put the guy wearing berriumas up against the guy that can barely Ollie.