Author Topic: BATB12  (Read 308134 times)

urbneathme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
Re: BATB12
« Reply #1890 on: October 02, 2021, 10:46:28 AM »
Can we talk about this?

https://theberrics.com/sway-energy-and-the-berrics-partner-to-launch-inclusive-community-focused-competition

"One-of-a-kind community-focused skateboarding event where skateboarders of all backgrounds can present their professional skills while promoting the community, inclusivity, and teamwork...teams must work together in what is known as a “Party Line” to present the best and most technical moves back-to-back...We want to empower women to ambitiously follow their passions and find excellence in any athletic pursuit...As a beverage that provides the athletic community with an energy outlet, it also supports the opportunity to express creativity, individuality, sportsmanship, and inclusion...The idea to create event focused on individuality & community was a breath of fresh air in our industry...The idea that this is not a specific “men’s” or “women’s” contest speaks volumes and is a great representation of skateboarding at its core."

So it's a contest that is about creativity but is also is about most tech. It is a contest to empower women with no way to highlight women. It's a press release that says a lot and nothing at all. And yeah it's sponsored by a terrible booze company.

Nice.

who is donovan dresti? are we just letting anyone call themselves a pro now?

rusty knees

• Rep: -10
  • I had a photo in SLAP
« Reply #1891 on: October 02, 2021, 10:58:52 AM »
I remember his name from old mags and videos. he was pro but for one of the lesser known brands.

BinkyConklinFan

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1892 on: October 02, 2021, 10:59:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Can we talk about this?

https://theberrics.com/sway-energy-and-the-berrics-partner-to-launch-inclusive-community-focused-competition

"One-of-a-kind community-focused skateboarding event where skateboarders of all backgrounds can present their professional skills while promoting the community, inclusivity, and teamwork...teams must work together in what is known as a “Party Line” to present the best and most technical moves back-to-back...We want to empower women to ambitiously follow their passions and find excellence in any athletic pursuit...As a beverage that provides the athletic community with an energy outlet, it also supports the opportunity to express creativity, individuality, sportsmanship, and inclusion...The idea to create event focused on individuality & community was a breath of fresh air in our industry...The idea that this is not a specific “men’s” or “women’s” contest speaks volumes and is a great representation of skateboarding at its core."

So it's a contest that is about creativity but is also is about most tech. It is a contest to empower women with no way to highlight women. It's a press release that says a lot and nothing at all. And yeah it's sponsored by a terrible booze company.

Nice.
[close]

I'm glad you said that because I was feeling out of touch. Maybe he was like a 'professional+skateboarder'

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Get bent
« Reply #1893 on: October 02, 2021, 11:02:42 AM »
Where can I see an actual image of the bracket as it is now?
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #1894 on: October 02, 2021, 12:04:07 PM »
All the videos get a lot of views so i doubt they will just cancel it. It is pretty ridiculous tho

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #1895 on: October 02, 2021, 12:15:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Can we talk about this?

Nice.
[close]

[close]

I'm glad you said that because I was feeling out of touch. Maybe he was like a 'professional+skateboarder'

He was on vision streetwear and shuvit skateboards, now represents a brand called rekon skateboards (?) and works with street league.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2209
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #1896 on: October 02, 2021, 12:54:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Can we talk about this?

Nice.
[close]

[close]

[close]

He was on vision streetwear and shuvit skateboards, now represents a brand called rekon skateboards (?) and works with street league.
Seems legit.  ::)

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -82
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1897 on: October 02, 2021, 01:30:00 PM »
I bought a can of Liquid Death at a gas station cause I was curious why it was being so hyped and it’s literally poland spring in a can. Not even Fiji or Skyra quality, even Smart water blows it away. It’s overhyped tap water.

mushroom slice

« Reply #1898 on: October 02, 2021, 01:59:17 PM »
I bought a can of Liquid Death at a gas station cause I was curious why it was being so hyped and it’s literally poland spring in a can. Not even Fiji or Skyra quality, even Smart water blows it away. It’s overhyped tap water.
Better then plastic. That’s the only thing I back about this shit. It’s not in plastic. Clean safe water in 2021 should be a human right and free to all. This water selling shit is bad. The people selling it will find themselves in a bad spot next trip. They will come back and always be thirsty and have no money for the system they make.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/04/29/us/nestle-water-california.amp.html

dustyassrocketswitchv

• Rep: -137
« Reply #1899 on: October 02, 2021, 02:13:32 PM »
where the fuck is today's game of skate
big texas cummer

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 617
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #1900 on: October 02, 2021, 02:21:14 PM »
where the fuck is today's game of skate

I'd guess nobody showed up at the park today. You know the sun was shining outside.
IG: @flowterspace

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #1901 on: October 02, 2021, 03:19:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Can we talk about this?

Nice.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Seems legit.  ::)

Haha yeah I knew I heard the name so I just googled him, he doesn’t seem relevant to skating, like, at all.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #1902 on: October 02, 2021, 03:26:04 PM »
Where can I see an actual image of the bracket as it is now?

At the end of the latest video. Aaron Kyro has no opponent listed in his bracket lol.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 984
« Reply #1903 on: October 02, 2021, 04:54:17 PM »
highest thetan count gets a first round bye everyone knows that

foureyedjim

« Reply #1904 on: October 03, 2021, 12:09:57 AM »

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 432
« Reply #1905 on: October 03, 2021, 04:26:24 AM »

QixHexagon

• Rep: 31
« Reply #1906 on: October 03, 2021, 06:39:05 AM »
No BATB this weekend, so throwback to one of the craziest S&G games:

So many hard tricks first try...

flippy lippy

• Rep: -23
« Reply #1907 on: October 03, 2021, 07:10:23 AM »

Is this a fortnite screenshot?

Liquid death is for sober people at parties who still want to hold a tall can, highly wack but smart idea

Fuck it Berra should give the keys to Aaron and the braille bunch and let them finish the whole contest

djoekr

• Rep: 300
« Reply #1908 on: October 03, 2021, 07:20:46 AM »

Fuck it Berra should give the keys to Aaron and the braille bunch and let them finish the whole contest

Braille wouldn't fuck their bracket up this bad to be honest. Berra has to take a flight back home and 'save the day' about two times a week at this rate. I'd be surprised if there's going be finals to this trainwreck of a competition.

Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #1909 on: October 03, 2021, 07:46:13 AM »

I'm pretty sure one of the influencers could take them out.

ninformatic

• Rep: -7
« Reply #1910 on: October 03, 2021, 07:48:06 AM »
so no more batb? sick

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #1911 on: October 03, 2021, 09:39:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Liquid death is for sober people at parties who still want to hold a tall can, highly wack but smart idea

I don’t get it. There’s like non-alcoholic beers and stuff if that’s what you want. I mean, I’m all for peoples sobriety but drinking water that looks like a beer is like sucking oxygen through a cigarette shaped straw.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

WavyDavy

• Rep: 128
« Reply #1912 on: October 03, 2021, 09:47:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I don’t get it. There’s like non-alcoholic beers and stuff if that’s what you want. I mean, I’m all for peoples sobriety but drinking water that looks like a beer is like sucking oxygen through a cigarette shaped straw.

https://quitgo.com/products/inhaler

Also, aluminum cans are better than plastic bottles, but still shit for environment. Just use a water filter and a reusable bottle.

That liquid death shit comes from Austrian Alp springs and shipped to the us. No so sustainable.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 09:57:13 AM by WavyDavy »

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1913 on: October 03, 2021, 10:01:18 AM »

Its wild how much longer Carlos slides and grinds compared to the other guy.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1914 on: October 03, 2021, 10:15:16 AM »
Anyone who can hold their own in a shared part with Tiago is freak.

This must be the worst batb to date. The skating has been shit. Some of it, embarrassingly so. And the whole thing seems painfully drawn out and poorly managed.

'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #1915 on: October 03, 2021, 10:18:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Amazing.
If you like SWAY just wait till their next product drop! SWASS all the energy and alcohol accompanied with a smooth salt and nut finish.

Coldpizza

• Rep: 166
« Reply #1916 on: October 03, 2021, 10:32:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
No offense, but you’ve obviously never had to get sober.
The whole non-alcoholic beer route can be a slippery slope. It hasn’t happened to me, but I’ve had sober friends relapse from pretty much the taste of beer, and their brain needing the feeling that accompanies. There’s a psychological aspect to it where a stand in is needed, and I personally would rather have fizzy water. Even the bubbles help ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #1917 on: October 03, 2021, 10:56:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
No offense, but you’ve obviously never had to get sober.
The whole non-alcoholic beer route can be a slippery slope. It hasn’t happened to me, but I’ve had sober friends relapse from pretty much the taste of beer, and their brain needing the feeling that accompanies. There’s a psychological aspect to it where a stand in is needed, and I personally would rather have fizzy water. Even the bubbles help ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh definitely, I just wanted to make that joke about a cigarette shaped straw and of course that had been invented already as well. Non-alcoholic beers usually (from what I’ve seen) have very low amounts of alcohol as well so I wouldn’t assume it’s something recovering alcoholics would consume, but I resisted the urge to edit the post right after sending it.

Thinking about it I can also see how the appearance of the can could be considered to be more directed at the other people and not the person consuming it, I know how much badgering you can get when people see you’re not drinking.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Mazzer

• Rep: -20
« Reply #1918 on: October 03, 2021, 01:28:17 PM »
what would it take for billy to be the brad marchand of skateing?  people don't think brad is as good as he really is, and that's kind of how i see billy if you say he's as good as marchand in the overall picture, but setting skill aside i'd really like to see this happen.  billy needs to pack some mean in his sass and get his antics to be purposeful to gaining and unfair competitive advantage.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 967
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1919 on: October 03, 2021, 01:58:43 PM »
Carlos R might be my favorite skater. His Tampa win was insanely good. He does all my favorite ledge tricks but from nollie. The stomp is breath taking.

Just amazing.

My homie from Campinas said that somre skate host guy is a creep. Likely a government agent.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)