Author Topic: BATB12  (Read 306660 times)

MFS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: BATB12
« Reply #1920 on: October 03, 2021, 02:40:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Is this a fortnite screenshot?

Liquid death is for sober people at parties who still want to hold a tall can, highly wack but smart idea

Fuck it Berra should give the keys to Aaron and the braille bunch and let them finish the whole contest
[close]
I don’t get it. There’s like non-alcoholic beers and stuff if that’s what you want. I mean, I’m all for peoples sobriety but drinking water that looks like a beer is like sucking oxygen through a cigarette shaped straw.
[close]
No offense, but you’ve obviously never had to get sober.
The whole non-alcoholic beer route can be a slippery slope. It hasn’t happened to me, but I’ve had sober friends relapse from pretty much the taste of beer, and their brain needing the feeling that accompanies. There’s a psychological aspect to it where a stand in is needed, and I personally would rather have fizzy water. Even the bubbles help ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dont forget that almost anytime you go out and are around drunk people if you dont have anything in your hand the whole night youll get “wHy ArEnT yOu DrInKiNg?”

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #1921 on: October 03, 2021, 03:51:45 PM »
I found this randomly today and is far more entertaining than any battle from this round:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju9bUkfyMy0

I liked this one a lot and also the Battle of the French dudes (aurelian vs vincent)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEUS4hgMUFg

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1220
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1922 on: October 03, 2021, 04:25:37 PM »
I’m sure they’re out there, but I just can’t imagine anyone without the deafening bedlam of hordes of shrieking internal demons sitting down and cracking open an ice cold O’Doul’s on a Sunday afternoon.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Letsfilmavideo

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1923 on: October 03, 2021, 10:48:00 PM »
What even is the berries these days?
I always got one of my boys holdin a jar of leak and a fat blunt, so as soon as i land the trick we gettin wet you know?

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1920
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1924 on: October 03, 2021, 11:20:39 PM »

Gigantic Cariuma billboard, check out Brandon Turner's recent post on his Switch Hardflip on Berrics' Insta, the entire place is plastered with the logo.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

you_are_all_cunts

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1925 on: October 04, 2021, 12:15:59 AM »
I don't understand why these have to strictly be posted on weekends. They'd get the same traffic regardless.

Maybe even more during the week as people sit on the shitter at work.

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 62
« Reply #1926 on: October 04, 2021, 05:10:30 AM »
I don't understand why these have to strictly be posted on weekends. They'd get the same traffic regardless.

These truly are the business secrets of the Pharos.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #1927 on: October 04, 2021, 05:58:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Gigantic Cariuma billboard, check out Brandon Turner's recent post on his Switch Hardflip on Berrics' Insta, the entire place is plastered with the logo.

Holy jebus. I just took a look and in one shot alone you can see about 7 logos. Remember when the berrics used to brag about having no logos in the park?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #1928 on: October 04, 2021, 11:34:07 AM »

berries lol

TheDingus

« Reply #1929 on: October 04, 2021, 12:02:32 PM »

A shell of what was once a decent source of entertainment.
The old battle at berries were gold. Now they’re just rusty tin.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1920
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1930 on: October 04, 2021, 06:06:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The first thing to note when discussing the business secrets of the Berrics is an acknowledgement that the current era of skateboarding was so completely different from our own that almost all cultural, political and particularly business parallels we draw between the two eras are, by their very nature, bound to be wrong.

Also, fuck off clean shirt.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #1931 on: October 04, 2021, 10:38:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Liquid death is for sober people at parties who still want to hold a tall can, highly wack but smart idea

Fuck it Berra should give the keys to Aaron and the braille bunch and let them finish the whole contest
[close]
I don’t get it. There’s like non-alcoholic beers and stuff if that’s what you want. I mean, I’m all for peoples sobriety but drinking water that looks like a beer is like sucking oxygen through a cigarette shaped straw.
[close]
The whole non-alcoholic beer route can be a slippery slope. It hasn’t happened to me, but I’ve had sober friends relapse from pretty much the taste of beer, and their brain needing the feeling that accompanies. There’s a psychological aspect to it where a stand in is needed, and I personally would rather have fizzy water. Even the bubbles help ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[close]

Dont forget that almost anytime you go out and are around drunk people if you dont have anything in your hand the whole night youll get “wHy ArEnT yOu DrInKiNg?”
Soda water with a lime.  No harmful aluminum processing or recycling and no calories

Eskorbut0

• Rep: -2
  • Be careful what you wish for
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1932 on: October 05, 2021, 12:01:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

The first thing to note when discussing the business secrets of the Berrics is an acknowledgement that the current era of skateboarding was so completely different from our own that almost all cultural, political and particularly business parallels we draw between the two eras are, by their very nature, bound to be wrong.

Chance would be a fine thing, a fine thing indeed…

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 62
« Reply #1933 on: October 05, 2021, 01:59:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Chance would be a fine thing, a fine thing indeed…

They should pull their fucking fingers out. It’s important

Mother Goose.

« Reply #1934 on: October 06, 2021, 05:35:27 PM »
The berrics should have made it an entire day event spanning a whole weekend. Quick games. Es game of skate style. Pros ams several joes

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #1935 on: October 06, 2021, 05:59:21 PM »
The berrics should have made it an entire day event spanning a whole weekend. Quick games. Es game of skate style. Pros ams several joes

doubt it...covid still going down in CA.  Id be funny if they Zoom'd it...might watch if BATB wasnt actually at the berries

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #1936 on: October 06, 2021, 06:30:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
Soda water with a lime.  No harmful aluminum processing or recycling and no calories
I do bitters and soda with a lime. I think if you have a lime in a drink, no one bugs you.

-i think the goal is to avoid plastic. Cans can be recycled better i guess.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #1937 on: October 08, 2021, 10:50:26 AM »
https://youtu.be/lon5hO-rR40

Finally something that could be decent

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1220
« Reply #1938 on: October 09, 2021, 08:39:11 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neFJm0J9Hdw&feature=share

Controversial, dark conspiracy theory: Carlos has Cody at SKAT, gets a call, says he has to go home, doesn’t land another trick.  He threw the game because he had to go home and do something.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #1939 on: October 09, 2021, 08:53:53 AM »

Controversial, dark conspiracy theory: Carlos has Cody at SKAT, gets a call, says he has to go home, doesn’t land another trick.  He threw the game because he had to go home and do something.
Plot twist of the century.

What's even the deal with Cody Cepeda? Wasn't sure he still skated, haven't seen anything since his Berrics Push part but it looks like he's pretty cosy in Berra's pocket. I thought flatground was his gimmick, would've expected him to land more of Carlos' sets.

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #1940 on: October 09, 2021, 09:09:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Plot twist of the century.

What's even the deal with Cody Cepeda? Wasn't sure he still skated, haven't seen anything since his Berrics Push part but it looks like he's pretty cosy in Berra's pocket. I thought flatground was his gimmick, would've expected him to land more of Carlos' sets.

Getting one check for $20k for BATB 6 years ago wasn’t enough to live in CA indefinitely. He went home to Michigan or whatever and just works. Also he’s had background props on Berrics videos since at least BATB 3, meaning he’s been prepped and primed way ahead of time. You don’t make it to OT VIII without going through the Sea Corps and getting some screwdrivers up your ass. Ahh yes, its all starting to come together nicely.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1370
« Reply #1941 on: October 09, 2021, 09:18:17 AM »

This was a good one. How about that nollie inward heel

Magnolia

• Rep: 426
  • She/They
« Reply #1942 on: October 09, 2021, 09:33:54 AM »

Hard to belive he would miss 5 straight tricks like that otherwise. I think you're on to something.
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #1943 on: October 09, 2021, 10:09:00 AM »

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1944 on: October 09, 2021, 10:20:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

“You take sugar?”

“No thanks Berra...I’m sweet enough.”

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #1945 on: October 09, 2021, 11:49:31 AM »
Cody has the worst RBF but i’m not mad he won.
Aside from that nollie flip(i think) carlos did every trick proper, waist high inward heel!?!

Has there been a match without a pair of crapiumas in it?

TheDingus

« Reply #1946 on: October 09, 2021, 01:00:54 PM »
Cariuma shoes and a bryte board? Even if he wins he loses.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 592
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #1947 on: October 09, 2021, 01:05:36 PM »
Cariuma manager on the phone with an offer to let Cody win.
Or
Emergency, Carlos can do tricks on demand, he can probably miss them on demand, make it look legit and not put the match in the bin for steve.

I want to believe

Rigged anyway

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #1948 on: October 09, 2021, 02:24:32 PM »
the fix is in

conqueso

« Reply #1949 on: October 09, 2021, 03:17:35 PM »
wow. imagine getting paid to lose at something.