Author Topic: BATB12  (Read 306729 times)

Dr Hass

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Re: BATB12
« Reply #1980 on: October 10, 2021, 01:06:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Much though I’d love to buy into the idea that it was fixed…didn’t he have CC at SKAT when he got the call? Like if he needed to go home it would’ve been quicker to just smoke him on one trick and clear out.
[close]

But then he'd have to come back again

Wow, I wasn’t even thinking that far ahead. 4D chess by my man Carlos.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #1981 on: October 10, 2021, 02:59:19 PM »
He’s no billy marks but that nollie inward heel was kinda tight

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1982 on: October 10, 2021, 06:19:31 PM »
If all these pros are too cool for BATB then why show up in the first place?
ableSkateMag.com

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1923
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1983 on: October 10, 2021, 06:39:08 PM »
If all these pros are too cool for BATB then why show up in the first place?

In Asia we call that giving Berra face, or face saving behavior.

"Look, I turned up to your shitty contest, you happy now?"
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1370
« Reply #1984 on: October 10, 2021, 07:03:31 PM »
It is pretty weird how there’s been a fair amount of hesitancy and unwillingness (whether intentional or not) to participate.

That plus the fact that they made such a huge bracket this time makes me wonder if they’re alluding to the series coming to an end.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #1985 on: October 10, 2021, 07:05:37 PM »
Expand Quote
If all these  pros are too cool for BATB then why show up in the first place?
[close]

In Asia we call that giving Berra face, or face saving behavior.

"Look, I turned up to your shitty contest, you happy now?"

You’re absolutely right. But I’m still just gonna sit over here and be all mad about it  >:(
ableSkateMag.com

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 133
« Reply #1986 on: October 10, 2021, 09:25:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Much though I’d love to buy into the idea that it was fixed…didn’t he have CC at SKAT when he got the call? Like if he needed to go home it would’ve been quicker to just smoke him on one trick and clear out.
[close]

[close]

He had Cody to T, tried to end it with the ”death blow” switch back 3, which should have been the end since Cody slid his on the ground, then did a couple more tricks that Cody landed, tries that shuvit revert and bailed and at that point he said ”I have to go home though”. Then he got the first letter and only after that did he take the call.

It’s all in the video, no 4D chess there. He tried to smoke Cody out straight away, couldn’t and so had to resort to the fastest way out as plan B.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Mad Max

« Reply #1987 on: October 11, 2021, 01:15:48 AM »
Next year Borra coming with that game of SQUID…

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1988 on: October 11, 2021, 01:20:42 AM »
Majority will decide to end it before first game

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #1989 on: October 11, 2021, 01:28:38 AM »

I back this if it’s influencers only.

AdditionalSlip

• Rep: -27
« Reply #1990 on: October 11, 2021, 01:48:21 AM »
Expand Quote
I envision it as something along the lines of a laundry machine breaking down or the hot water heater going out.  Pretty important, but not full-on emergency.

He gets this news as he looks at that awful, nightmarish SWAY ENERGY DRINK A-frame thing for the 800th time and something in his brain just snapped and he thought “I’m Carlos Ribiero, I don’t need to be here.  Fuck these guys.  I gotta get this hot water thing figured out.”

At least that’s what my Batb fan fiction is going to be.
[close]
Gustav when he got home

4 brackets Steve, 4? That's insane

Harrison's Fjord

• Rep: 7
« Reply #1991 on: October 11, 2021, 03:30:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
He had Cody to T, tried to end it with the ”death blow” switch back 3, which should have been the end since Cody slid his on the ground, then did a couple more tricks that Cody landed, tries that shuvit revert and bailed and at that point he said ”I have to go home though”. Then he got the first letter and only after that did he take the call.

It’s all in the video, no 4D chess there. He tried to smoke Cody out straight away, couldn’t and so had to resort to the fastest way out as plan B.

I mean Cody popped it and slid the last 90 degrees-- that's legit

Not saying it wasn't thrown though

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #1992 on: October 11, 2021, 03:58:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I thought the phone call was carlos making a joke that said “now that I missed a trick Cody is def gonna be able to beat me, so let me make a joke about needing to leave to avoid losing”. And there was not actually an urgent phone call and he didn’t really need to leave.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #1993 on: October 11, 2021, 04:11:52 AM »
This was pretty much in line with his other batb appearances. Think he's just not that great at playing skate. Doesn't do tricks cheaply, always goes fast and pops the shit out of everything. They just left the phone call bit to make the video longer and to stir up some shit

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #1994 on: October 11, 2021, 05:20:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I envision it as something along the lines of a laundry machine breaking down or the hot water heater going out.  Pretty important, but not full-on emergency.

He gets this news as he looks at that awful, nightmarish SWAY ENERGY DRINK A-frame thing for the 800th time and something in his brain just snapped and he thought “I’m Carlos Ribiero, I don’t need to be here.  Fuck these guys.  I gotta get this hot water thing figured out.”

[close]
Gustav when he got home

[close]

naan > batb

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1220
« Reply #1995 on: October 11, 2021, 05:47:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
I thought the phone call was carlos making a joke that said “now that I missed a trick Cody is def gonna be able to beat me, so let me make a joke about needing to leave to avoid losing”. And there was not actually an urgent phone call and he didn’t really need to leave.

No, no.  He wanted to win.  Then he got the call and either A) immediately threw the game (which I don’t actually believe).  Or B) maybe he just started thinking about whatever the call was about, lost focus and started missing tricks.  That’s entirely possible.

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1996 on: October 11, 2021, 05:50:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

No, no.  He wanted to win.  Then he got the call and either A) immediately threw the game (which I don’t actually believe).  Or B) maybe he just started thinking about whatever the call was about, lost focus and started missing tricks.  That’s entirely possible.
I think he wanted to win also but I still feel like the way it looked and how he acted, he was still just using the “call” to make a joke.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1997 on: October 11, 2021, 06:01:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
I think he wanted to win also but I still feel like the way it looked and how he acted, he was still just using the “call” to make a joke.

Yeah, maybe
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 206
« Reply #1998 on: October 11, 2021, 06:36:58 AM »
Did anyone DM him like a man to get the real scoop?

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 982
« Reply #1999 on: October 11, 2021, 06:49:56 AM »
everyone else should've been automatically forfeited after that god like switch fs flip

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2000 on: October 11, 2021, 07:41:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Gustav when he got home

[close]

Makes sense, a boiler exploding warrants a man skipping the birth of his first child and winning a game of SKATE.

They should just scraps the pros, legends and joes. Focus on the Influencers - they are young, dumb and full of camaraderie.

Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
« Reply #2001 on: October 11, 2021, 10:17:40 AM »
I can't believe you guys. I finally watched it and "the call" is very obviously a joke.
I enjoyed watching Carlos foot positioning on all his tricks. His back foot is so close to the bolts which seems weird to me but he definitely knows what he's doing

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2002 on: October 11, 2021, 12:31:20 PM »
I can't believe you guys. I finally watched it and "the call" is very obviously a joke.
I enjoyed watching Carlos foot positioning on all his tricks. His back foot is so close to the bolts which seems weird to me but he definitely knows what he's doing
I thought it was very obvious too but I wasn’t sure if people who think it’s real in this thread were trolling or not.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

waffle

• Rep: 124
« Reply #2003 on: October 11, 2021, 01:17:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

This is correct - still not sure if all the posts saying otherwise are satire or just really, really stupid.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2004 on: October 11, 2021, 01:27:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

This is correct - still not sure if all the posts saying otherwise are satire or just really, really stupid.

Hey, in my world, plumbing emergencies happen.  They happen everyday.  If you notice, a lot of plumber vehicles have 24 hour response numbers. 

Shelving spontaneously falls off walls, tires go flat, insects swarm to kill, varmints get into the root cellar, gutters clog, children misbehave, neighbors threaten, trees fall, etc etc you get my point.  They don’t happen all the time, but all these and more can happen at any time.  Even in the middle of a game of SKATE.

I wish we could all live in whatever ivory tower you live in, but I’m just a workaday schmuck that has to live in this chaotic world.  #CALLWASREAL

TheDingus

« Reply #2005 on: October 11, 2021, 01:31:08 PM »
Perhaps the call wasn’t real, but his desire to purposefully lose was.

AdditionalSlip

« Reply #2006 on: October 11, 2021, 01:51:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Gustav when he got home

[close]

[close]

Makes sense, a boiler exploding warrants a man skipping the birth of his first child and winning a game of SKATE.

They should just scraps the pros, legends and joes. Focus on the Influencers - they are young, dumb and full of camaraderie.

I like it, real skaters out, influencers in. influencers are sexy. You're what my grandma would call a real shit.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2007 on: October 11, 2021, 06:07:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Gustav when he got home

[close]

[close]

[close]

I like it, real skaters out, influencers in. influencers are sexy. You're what my grandma would call a real shit.

These influencers are sitting behind their big marble desks, ties done up to eleven, clicking their fingers to the fucking Lighthouse Family, getting their dicks sucked by a big Alsatian dog. Don't have time to play games of SKATE.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -71
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2008 on: October 11, 2021, 10:29:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Gustav when he got home

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

These influencers are sitting behind their big marble desks, ties done up to eleven, clicking their fingers to the fucking Lighthouse Family, getting their dicks sucked by a big Alsatian dog. Don't have time to play games of SKATE.

Seriously the last place I would expect to see a Lighthouse Family reference, especially in that context lmao wtf. Wish I could gnar

AdditionalSlip

« Reply #2009 on: October 12, 2021, 12:43:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Gustav when he got home

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Seriously the last place I would expect to see a Lighthouse Family reference, especially in that context lmao wtf. Wish I could gnar

you're a real meat and potatoes, straight up and down, beef Wellington, don't trust the Argies, d--- in the vagina, Cheddar cheese and chicken tikka masala man.