Author Topic: BATB12  (Read 306292 times)

RichardBarkley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
Re: BATB12
« Reply #2010 on: October 12, 2021, 12:48:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I envision it as something along the lines of a laundry machine breaking down or the hot water heater going out.  Pretty important, but not full-on emergency.

He gets this news as he looks at that awful, nightmarish SWAY ENERGY DRINK A-frame thing for the 800th time and something in his brain just snapped and he thought “I’m Carlos Ribiero, I don’t need to be here.  Fuck these guys.  I gotta get this hot water thing figured out.”

At least that’s what my Batb fan fiction is going to be.
[close]
Gustav when he got home

[close]

4 brackets Steve, 4? That's insane
[close]

Makes sense, a boiler exploding warrants a man skipping the birth of his first child and winning a game of SKATE.

They should just scraps the pros, legends and joes. Focus on the Influencers - they are young, dumb and full of camaraderie.
[close]

I like it, real skaters out, influencers in. influencers are sexy. You're what my grandma would call a real shit.
[close]

These influencers are sitting behind their big marble desks, ties done up to eleven, clicking their fingers to the fucking Lighthouse Family, getting their dicks sucked by a big Alsatian dog. Don't have time to play games of SKATE.
[close]

Seriously the last place I would expect to see a Lighthouse Family reference, especially in that context lmao wtf. Wish I could gnar
[close]

you're a real meat and potatoes, straight up and down, beef Wellington, don't trust the Argies, d--- in the vagina, Cheddar cheese and chicken tikka masala man.

Don't trust the Argies is probably one of the funniest in it🤣

This is my favorite. Peak Mark

I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

AdditionalSlip

• Rep: -27
« Reply #2011 on: October 12, 2021, 01:16:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I envision it as something along the lines of a laundry machine breaking down or the hot water heater going out.  Pretty important, but not full-on emergency.

He gets this news as he looks at that awful, nightmarish SWAY ENERGY DRINK A-frame thing for the 800th time and something in his brain just snapped and he thought “I’m Carlos Ribiero, I don’t need to be here.  Fuck these guys.  I gotta get this hot water thing figured out.”

[close]
Gustav when he got home

[close]

[close]

Makes sense, a boiler exploding warrants a man skipping the birth of his first child and winning a game of SKATE.

They should just scraps the pros, legends and joes. Focus on the Influencers - they are young, dumb and full of camaraderie.
[close]

I like it, real skaters out, influencers in. influencers are sexy. You're what my grandma would call a real shit.
[close]

These influencers are sitting behind their big marble desks, ties done up to eleven, clicking their fingers to the fucking Lighthouse Family, getting their dicks sucked by a big Alsatian dog. Don't have time to play games of SKATE.
[close]

Seriously the last place I would expect to see a Lighthouse Family reference, especially in that context lmao wtf. Wish I could gnar
[close]

you're a real meat and potatoes, straight up and down, beef Wellington, don't trust the Argies, d--- in the vagina, Cheddar cheese and chicken tikka masala man.
[close]

Looking at you Milton 😂

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #2012 on: October 12, 2021, 01:44:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Gustav when he got home

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It'll freak em out! What's an influencer's bracket doing in BATB? Jesus, I need a drink. Yeah? And boom, they'll have to have one of our organic Catiba Pros

warmonke

« Reply #2013 on: October 12, 2021, 01:45:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Gustav when he got home

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Is there an accessible BATB bracket, you know, for the average joe?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #2014 on: October 12, 2021, 07:09:49 AM »
Cariuma manager on the phone with an offer to let Cody win.
Or
Emergency, Carlos can do tricks on demand, he can probably miss them on demand, make it look legit and not put the match in the bin for steve.

I want to believe

Rigged anyway

It's crazy how good Carlos is, the body language and speed between the two is night and day. One of them skates all the time, one doesn't.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 07:34:17 AM by Xen »

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2015 on: October 12, 2021, 07:17:47 AM »

You're a Vans Half Cab, black griptape on the top, Indy Standard 144, don't trust the Riptides, FS 50-50 the ledge, Kickflip and BS Noseslide man.

I imagine the inner monologue of the pros who took Cariuma shoe deal went something like this:
I've sold out. A little bit of me has died.
But you know what? A lot of me doesn't give a shit.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

warmonke

« Reply #2016 on: October 12, 2021, 07:20:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Or
Emergency, Carlos can do tricks on demand, he can probably miss them on demand, make it look legit and not put the match in the bin for steve.

I want to believe

Rigged anyway
[close]
Nah the phone call was Orange ringing up to say they wiped the twins

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2017 on: October 12, 2021, 07:22:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Or

I want to believe

Rigged anyway
[close]
[close]
Nah the phone call was Orange ringing up to say they wiped the twins

Oh, I'll never forgive Orange if they've wiped the twins.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

HiResDes

• Rep: -39
« Reply #2018 on: October 13, 2021, 09:14:50 PM »
I'm with Skate Nerd Carlos definitely threw that fucking game.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #2019 on: October 13, 2021, 09:47:51 PM »
I don’t understand this thread any more.

RikiTakeuchi

• Rep: 5
« Reply #2020 on: October 13, 2021, 11:58:45 PM »
Just noticed a bracket change on IG. This weekend's match is Erik Bragg vs Shrimpdaddy in the influencers section

AdditionalSlip

• Rep: -27
« Reply #2021 on: October 14, 2021, 12:30:55 AM »
I don’t understand this thread any more.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2022 on: October 14, 2021, 12:33:04 AM »

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #2023 on: October 14, 2021, 03:39:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You're a Vans Half Cab, black griptape on the top, Indy Standard 144, don't trust the Riptides, FS 50-50 the ledge, Kickflip and BS Noseslide man.

I imagine the inner monologue of the pros who took Cariuma shoe deal went something like this:

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2024 on: October 14, 2021, 07:10:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You trippin @palelight ?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Spirit

• Rep: -20
  • Personal Text
« Reply #2025 on: October 14, 2021, 08:15:17 AM »
Okay so... I have a question for discussion.
Do you think it is possible for another flatground Game of Skate competition to take BATB's place and bring integrity back to this? I love watching these battles since my favorite way to skate myself is flatground and it seriously makes me sad to see where it went. Pros vs. Joes was such a fun concept back where there was no conflict of interest and it bums me out so much.
King of MACBA is fun and so is Grinds and Slides, but if the only flatground GoS is BATB in this state and some corporate X-Games bullshit it's just depressing.

warmonke

« Reply #2026 on: October 14, 2021, 08:25:41 AM »
Do you think it is possible for another flatground Game of Skate competition to take BATB's place and bring integrity back to this? I love watching these battles since my favorite way to skate myself is flatground and it seriously makes me sad to see where it went. Pros vs. Joes was such a fun concept back where there was no conflict of interest and it bums me out so much.
King of MACBA is fun and so is Grinds and Slides, but if the only flatground GoS is BATB in this state and some corporate X-Games bullshit it's just depressing.
Does the world really need a flatground game of SKATE competition? I'd rather watch something like King of MACBA

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #2027 on: October 14, 2021, 08:28:43 AM »
If anyone could pull it off it would be DLX's extended network of team riders/Actions REALized family. I would hazard a guess that 90% of sponsored skaters have had some support from DLX in one way or another over the years: Super generous and less interested in making a quick buck.

Sure there will inherently be conflicts of interest but DLX's spirit would reign magnificently over the proceedings and it would be clear that it's all in good fun, whoever wins.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #2028 on: October 14, 2021, 08:55:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Gustav when he got home

[close]

[close]

naan > batb

Just a Christmas Joke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ38jTQcO1k

warmonke

« Reply #2029 on: October 14, 2021, 09:31:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Gustav when he got home

[close]

[close]

naan > batb
[close]

Just a Christmas Joke

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2030 on: October 14, 2021, 09:33:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Gustav when he got home

[close]

[close]

naan > batb
[close]

Just a Christmas Joke

[close]

Lol

Double lol

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #2031 on: October 14, 2021, 10:16:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Or

I want to believe

Rigged anyway
[close]

It's crazy how good Carlos is, the body language and speed between the two is night and day. One of them skates all the time, one doesn't.

To be fair Brazil produces a lot of really dope skate rats and from what I recall didn't Cody come from some midwest city with no real skate spots?  and after his first berries win got put on flow for hook ups and moved to LA?

Red Eyed Swimmer

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2032 on: October 14, 2021, 11:03:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Or

I want to believe

Rigged anyway
[close]

[close]

To be fair Brazil produces a lot of really dope skate rats and from what I recall didn't Cody come from some midwest city with no real skate spots?  and after his first berries win got put on flow for hook ups and moved to LA?
Horny jail confimed

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 59
« Reply #2033 on: October 14, 2021, 02:56:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Or

I want to believe

Rigged anyway
[close]

[close]

“flow for hookups”  has got to be one of the more insane ideas I’ve ever heard on these boards.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #2034 on: October 14, 2021, 04:59:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Or

I want to believe

Rigged anyway
[close]

[close]

Hes from a small town in michigan. Was flow for sovrn. I was rooting for him to do thangs

SkollieJol

• Rep: 1
« Reply #2035 on: October 16, 2021, 08:42:22 AM »

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #2036 on: October 16, 2021, 08:53:41 AM »
https://youtu.be/2yJGCJsKROk

Censored?

Dumb clickbait comment. That was an incredible game. These are the types of games I miss watching.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #2037 on: October 16, 2021, 08:57:49 AM »
https://youtu.be/2yJGCJsKROk

Censored?
Felipe was solid af in that, i can't lie. For a second there i thought he might skunk corny ol double flip noone cares headass Sewa

mar1eyk1lla

• Rep: -2
« Reply #2038 on: October 16, 2021, 08:59:55 AM »
justin

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #2039 on: October 16, 2021, 09:11:10 AM »
These things are edited sooo fucking slow now. was able to use the 5 sec skip button between most tricks

Felipe still doing the yo tre, shit hasn't even been trendy for at least like a decade right?