Author Topic: BATB12  (Read 310313 times)

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 796
Re: BATB12
« Reply #2970 on: April 11, 2022, 07:28:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Back 3 heel on flat is beyond fucked regardless of how staged and scientologist this whole shitshow is. How the fuck do you even think to do that. His back 3 flip is flawless too.
[close]
*backside heelflip late spin. Amazing trick if done properly, this was rather weak though.

"amazing trick if done properly" like you've ever seen a good one before. was it ever "done properly"? doesn't count if it's on vert or a hip or a fucking jump ramp, i'm talking flatground.

ilchymis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -8
« Reply #2971 on: April 16, 2022, 01:04:23 PM »
Another mike mo game, you can tell he’s clearly in pain. Kinda fucked up to make him play so many games.

Brguy

« Reply #2972 on: April 16, 2022, 01:31:03 PM »
Marcos had possibly the worst fitting t-shirt I've ever seen, I have to assume it's very fashionable and expensive. Also, he did an impossible and Tyler did not, so fuck that.
That shirt would never fly if bullying was still a thing.

BieberStance

• Rep: -18
« Reply #2973 on: April 16, 2022, 01:51:11 PM »
Manny Santiago disgusts me visually

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2974 on: April 16, 2022, 01:57:31 PM »
Love that they seemed like they were going to try to get this back on track only to have two back to back games be a Legion of Doom one with Cole (who doesn’t want to be there) and a gimmick Mike Mo game against Koston again and in which he’s clearly uncomfortable. Just fucking A+ work

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1185
  • old and in the way
« Reply #2975 on: April 16, 2022, 03:22:21 PM »

seeing Mike Mo still hold his own against someone like Koston was actually pretty rad

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #2976 on: April 16, 2022, 05:10:23 PM »

seeing Mike Mo still hold his own against someone like Koston was actually pretty rad

It's pretty rare that I watch a skateboarding video and am completely bummed out afterwards. Even really bad slam or injury  videos I'm at least perturbed. This was so depressing. An over the hill/over it dude and a permanently disabled dude come together to show you exactly what getting old is like. It hurt a little to watch this one.

What a wet sock of a game of SKATE
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #2977 on: April 16, 2022, 05:13:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's pretty rare that I watch a skateboarding video and am completely bummed out afterwards. Even really bad slam or injury  videos I'm at least perturbed. This was so depressing. An over the hill/over it dude and a permanently disabled dude come together to show you exactly what getting old is like. It hurt a little to watch this one.

I was really hoping everybody would just pretend it never happened and move on

What a wet sock of a game of SKATE
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

conqueso

« Reply #2978 on: April 16, 2022, 05:19:34 PM »
tbh they should do the rest of them on that caffeine thing so we don't have to watch them

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #2979 on: April 16, 2022, 06:14:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Back 3 heel on flat is beyond fucked regardless of how staged and scientologist this whole shitshow is. How the fuck do you even think to do that. His back 3 flip is flawless too.
[close]
*backside heelflip late spin. Amazing trick if done properly, this was rather weak though.
[close]

"amazing trick if done properly" like you've ever seen a good one before. was it ever "done properly"? doesn't count if it's on vert or a hip or a fucking jump ramp, i'm talking flatground.
Yes i have seen it done before. Havent done a proper one myself but have seen them regular and switch. Sit down at macba for a few hours and youll see a couple. Of course, since you know what i have seen before you already know that too.

TheDingus

« Reply #2980 on: April 16, 2022, 09:52:50 PM »
Another staged game. You can always tell by how few people are there. Such a bummer.

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #2981 on: April 17, 2022, 04:55:27 AM »

That was sad

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #2982 on: April 17, 2022, 05:25:22 AM »
Another staged game. You can always tell by how few people are there. Such a bummer.

you can also tell from the rock paper scissors that they tried to give mike mo first go.

very very fake and not very entertaining game of skate

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1185
  • old and in the way
« Reply #2983 on: April 17, 2022, 09:59:20 AM »

Yikes

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2254
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #2984 on: April 17, 2022, 11:16:41 AM »

Yikes
Berra trotting out that trophy from the early aughts (to remind of us that he was once a skateboarder too?) was pretty embarrassing, even through a tiny phone screen.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #2985 on: April 17, 2022, 11:40:16 AM »
He’s always making everything to be about himself. I’ve been tolerant of Berra through all these years but his last little shred of like-ability has worn thin. For the good of the Berrics, Steve needs to stay off camera till he gets his issues sorted out.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 01:08:08 PM by able »
ableSkateMag.com

k-nutz

• Rep: 53
« Reply #2986 on: April 17, 2022, 01:04:58 PM »

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 796
« Reply #2987 on: April 17, 2022, 02:59:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Yes i have seen it done before. Havent done a proper one myself but have seen them regular and switch. Sit down at macba for a few hours and youll see a couple. Of course, since you know what i have seen before you already know that too.

and my homie did a front 720 flat no revert yesterday, im tryna see a clip

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #2988 on: April 17, 2022, 03:48:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

i feel like i've seen it done elsewhere before. i just googled the trick, this one is a fair bit cleaner than cole's dirty little one, still sliding the second 18o but not pivoting. i think you're coming in a bit hot with nbd treatment you're giving the trick. no doubt a wild trick though. obviously you can just skip to the end of the video, i didn't watch him try them for 5 minutes.

that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #2989 on: April 17, 2022, 06:25:21 PM »
Expand Quote

Yikes
[close]

Dude got erased.

It seemed like official 420 holiday skater Mota just took a huge hit off his last name in that battle.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2990 on: April 17, 2022, 08:54:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

i feel like i've seen it done elsewhere before. i just googled the trick, this one is a fair bit cleaner than cole's dirty little one, still sliding the second 18o but not pivoting. i think you're coming in a bit hot with nbd treatment you're giving the trick. no doubt a wild trick though. obviously you can just skip to the end of the video, i didn't watch him try them for 5 minutes.

2:07

Switch but best one i've seen

steezenking

• Rep: 15
« Reply #2991 on: April 18, 2022, 06:06:33 AM »
Another mike mo game, you can tell he’s clearly in pain. Kinda fucked up to make him play so many games.

A lot can happen in 5 months. On the nine club after his first battle with Koston he was talking about how it was the first time skating in a long time that he enjoyed it and his back didn't hurt and he was excited to go skate the next day. But yeah he looked like he was hurting.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 983
« Reply #2992 on: April 18, 2022, 06:08:44 AM »

Yes, they make him play so many games and he's definitely not there by his own choice.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
« Reply #2993 on: April 18, 2022, 06:12:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A lot can happen in 5 months. On the nine club after his first battle with Koston he was talking about how it was the first time skating in a long time that he enjoyed it and his back didn't hurt and he was excited to go skate the next day. But yeah he looked like he was hurting.

He somewhat recently posted a fs half cab flip on the hip at Primitive Park that was really sick.

Magnolia

• Rep: 462
  • She/They
« Reply #2994 on: April 18, 2022, 06:14:18 AM »
Expand Quote

Yikes
[close]
Berra trotting out that trophy from the early aughts (to remind of us that he was once a skateboarder too?) was pretty embarrassing, even through a tiny phone screen.
He should have brought out a 3rd place trophy, it would be a better symbol of batb's status as a weak substitute for slides and grinds and king of macba
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
« Reply #2995 on: April 18, 2022, 06:20:38 AM »

Yikes

Is Felipe Mota’s board made out of concrete?  What’s happening here??

marty mcfly

« Reply #2996 on: April 18, 2022, 09:41:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He’s still so good..

ish_wav

• Rep: 100
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2997 on: April 18, 2022, 03:31:04 PM »
Just watched a Jamie Griffin YouTube video on Hop King’s channel of his doing flat ground in preparation for the Giger vs Griffin game. The Hop King crew are flying to Switzerland and they’re playing there. Hop King replied with a comment saying that this was the “only financial way this match would happen” which implies that the Berrics wouldn’t fly them both out to LA. If that’s true, that is incredibly fucked up seeing as that the Berrics is going to make an insane amount of ad revenue on this match.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -278
« Reply #2998 on: April 18, 2022, 05:53:15 PM »
Just watched a Jamie Griffin YouTube video on Hop King’s channel of his doing flat ground in preparation for the Giger vs Griffin game. The Hop King crew are flying to Switzerland and they’re playing there. Hop King replied with a comment saying that this was the “only financial way this match would happen” which implies that the Berrics wouldn’t fly them both out to LA. If that’s true, that is incredibly fucked up seeing as that the Berrics is going to make an insane amount of ad revenue on this match.

That and didn’t Berra just invite whoever he thought would make good content on the assumption that they would want to do it?

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1262
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2999 on: April 18, 2022, 11:14:14 PM »
back in the day you’d see an 8 and a half minute batb and it was sure to smack your noggin but now you see it and much rather chop your own dick off