Author Topic: Houseplants  (Read 1428 times)

KoRnholio8

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Houseplants
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2021, 12:10:40 AM »
I guess the disdain for mothers-in-law is universal across Europe then, ha

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2021, 01:25:02 AM »

Confirmed it's the same in German (at least Swiss German)  ;D
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2021, 04:55:25 AM »
Just counted 38 plants inside. A fair amount of those are clippings that were propagated. Moved from an apartment that would maybe get An hour of direct light a day to a place that’s east facing with big windows. So much sun in here I don’t even need to use lights until the sun goes down. So all the plants are lovin it and we’ve accumulated some more. A few people in the family are green thumbs so plants are abundant and tend to appear often. Have the range of your classic house plants. Also have some cactuses that came from my grandma, who was the OG Green thumb of the family. No idea where she got them as I live in a northern country, but she was known to take clippings or plants from places she might have visited.

Got this from her when she passed, it’s an avocado tree she started from the pit. It’s loving life now that it gets sun all day

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2021, 12:13:28 PM »

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2021, 02:44:11 PM »

A guy here recently did an outdoor event where he played this and encouraged people to bring their plants. I brought my African violet. It seems to be happier since (though it could also be me watering it more frequently).

Either way, good album.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2021, 12:03:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Confirmed it's the same in German (at least Swiss German)  ;D
Hahaha cool ;D
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2021, 05:10:14 AM »
i got cactus bbys. just watered em

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2021, 06:38:56 PM »

Just some of the lil homies. They are enjoying this room now much more than in the winter.  They get great morning light (although I took this picture in the early evening, doh) Elsewhere in the room are two little snake plants that I have totally ignored and are growing like wild.

This is maybe about a third of what’s in the house, never enough plants. IKEA is a great place for plants too if you have one nearby. You can get some big ones for cheap.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2021, 06:16:15 AM »

Just some of the lil homies. They are enjoying this room now much more than in the winter.  They get great morning light (although I took this picture in the early evening, doh) Elsewhere in the room are two little snake plants that I have totally ignored and are growing like wild.

This is maybe about a third of what’s in the house, never enough plants. IKEA is a great place for plants too if you have one nearby. You can get some big ones for cheap.

Yo, what is the one in the white and blue pot (light blue stripe) on the table?? When we moved offices a couple years ago a rescued one from the trash and it is huge now.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2021, 08:20:40 AM »
Great variety! Pachira looks nice.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 115
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2021, 12:01:28 PM »
I've had a jade plant for years that is kind of a bonsai at this point, and just recently I think it may have started to get root rot. I've repotted it and haven't watered it. Sometimes root rot/lack of water can look similar. I really hope this plant pulls through cause as weird as it sounds, I've kind of grown attached to the little guy.

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2021, 03:29:35 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yo, what is the one in the white and blue pot (light blue stripe) on the table?? When we moved offices a couple years ago a rescued one from the trash and it is huge now.

I’m pretty sure it’s a a type of dracaena, but I couldn’t be more specific. I’m so bad with the names of plants. (I had to Google pachira to figure out which one layzieyez was complimenting ha. But thank you!)

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2021, 06:52:31 AM »
good album btw. think they liked it