Author Topic: Did the Olympics come too late for Nyjah?  (Read 6860 times)

valuecommonsense

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -69
Re: Did the Olympics come too late for Nyjah?
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2021, 06:25:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Yes it's too late, he's been the best skater for the past 12 years, he was likely good enough to earn 5-6 golds if the olympics was there from the start holding records that would never be beaten.
[close]

Your math adds up

Are you claiming it doesn't? He could have already won 3 golds, leaving him with two more chances before he even hit 30. That's 5 golds and his entire 30s to win just one more.

I love when the low IQ kids try to act smart.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1098
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2021, 06:32:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yes it's too late, he's been the best skater for the past 12 years, he was likely good enough to earn 5-6 golds if the olympics was there from the start holding records that would never be beaten.
[close]

Your math adds up
[close]

Are you claiming it doesn't? He could have already won 3 golds, leaving him with two more chances before he even hit 30. That's 5 golds and his entire 30s to win just one more.

You argue with ppl a lot. You should lighten up a little. What are some things you like?
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2021, 06:32:45 PM »
Expand Quote
I'd like to hear more about this person that transitions from Amebix to Lagwagon please. What has to happen for that to occur?
[close]
Conformity

Corrosion of?

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1095
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2021, 06:36:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Your math adds up
[close]

This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

valuecommonsense

• Rep: -69
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2021, 06:39:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Your math adds up
[close]

[close]

You argue with ppl a lot. You should lighten up a little. What are some things you like?
I find it interesting you called me out for defending myself but not the actual guy who quoted me and tried to clown my math skills for no reason? Care to explain?

Also i like common sense and wish it was more common.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 724
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2021, 07:40:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Jagger Eaton's arm steez makes him look like he should be skating in the adaptive skating comp.
[close]

Is Jagger Eaton the most hated Olympic athlete ever?

cuz I fucking hate him

Certainly the most Cariuma Olympic athlete ever

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2021, 07:54:18 PM »
how do you go from crust punk to liking fugazi + warped tour?

Sounds like a grade A....

PoSeR

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2021, 08:32:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Young teenagers in the early 90s. But no one would ever admit the warped tour part.

Yeah and those pinstripe dickies shorts
listen to cosmic psychos

HeapsCool

• Rep: -171
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2021, 08:47:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Let’s just forget for one second you spent time as a crust punk and now you’re an aging ex skater who works in a micro brewery with a fugazi shirt and warped ears from you’re time spent at the warped tour (both in the lobes and in the drum). It’s ok. We all hate the Olympics. But like Soy Pandays ever more irrelevant art direction these things have their place in skateboarding.

The question is did the Olympics come too late for Nyjah? If covid hadn’t happened and Nyjah hadn’t spent his lockdown super spreading and coming down from mdma and ghb highs, would yuto not have come through and snatched the gold? Would Nyjah be on these American cereal boxes, not Zion? And what does it mean for skateboarding’s future if the USA don’t get gold in the sport they invented? Or if Zion is the skate darling of the Olympic viewing public?
[close]

zion didnt even qualify for street so its not even an apples to apples comparison
also another thing, the chance of nyjah not winning is pretty damn slim. he lost like 1 contest in 2nd place to yuto. im pretty sure their track record is like 30-3 for nyjah outplacing yuto or anyone else for that matter including retired ppl like Chris Cole.  i imagine the bookies will have odds out soon and you can confirm for yourself. there is no chance he doesnt have the top seed going in or w/e. he is the most winningest contest street skater of all time like free, and i dont think he has shown any sign that he has gotten shittier or anything just cuase he got 1x second place fininsh after like a year off... idk man bit of a stretch hes not even 30 yet

Yeah but the public in general at the Olympics, it’s about who wins gold. Zion has a shot to get the Gold in park or whatever if Pedro has a bad day. Japan gold for street, Brazil gold for park. Vert is irrelevant but I hope its a fairytale Tony Hawk win.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 10:54:31 PM by HeapsCool »

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2021, 08:51:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Young teenagers in the early 90s. But no one would ever admit the warped tour part.
[close]

Yeah and those pinstripe dickies shorts

The good part about growing up poor is that I could never buy the clothes I thought were cool when I was a kid. Also I could blame questionable kits on hand me downs and 2nd hand selections.

Grip Jobs

« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2021, 08:57:29 PM »
I’m optimistic that Jaime Foy will end up skating for Nyjah as the alternate and he will get Bronze.

I also think nerves will play a role and nobody gonna land shit.

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2021, 10:36:01 PM »
Is longboarding on the  olympics?

wilk

• Rep: -2
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2021, 11:20:58 PM »
Dudes actually pretty broke off for his age, I guess has a fucked up knee that like won't ever heal properly, bone bruise or something. So idk. I watched Rome worlds, prelims and all...he killed it in prelims, was way ahead. Next day finals...he was off, same run, pretty much same best tricks besides his last attempt whatever it was heel flip spinny boardslide thing that he bailed on...finals day he looked out of it...bailed a lot more stuff etc.  while everybody else looked pretty fresh, he has the skill to win every time which is crazy, that's why a bad contest for him is still podium. Yeah he still came in second. It's easy to forget that even at his age he's been skating for over 20 years, been pro for like 15 years...and let's not pretend the dude hasn't taken some of the nastiest slams we've ever seen. Like when he slipped off those white rails and smashed his head into the ground and had a seizure, it was the beginning of till death but they didn't actually show it...the raw footage was kind of scrapped from the internet but it was pretty brutal if you happened to see it, definitely a life ender he's lucky to be alive. I honestly wonder how long he even has left to be skating at the level he does let alone winning summer Olympics, which happens every 4 years...so next Olympics he'll be 30. And the way he skates who knows how hurt he'll get in that time.so idk maybe it is too late for him to get gold. I wouldn't bet against him this year...but just know the judges aren't gonna be the same people who've been Judging these contests for a while now. And if you're into anything else Olympics (I'm into boxing) the judging can be some bs...host countries like to give their athletes the bump... clear robberies have taken place.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2021, 07:27:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Fugazi does have that all subgenre appeal. However, I’ve never once known of a kid to rip off his nausea shirt and antischism ass flag to put on a nofx shirt and pogo at a pennywise show.

I can picture it now…. A man finally moves back in with his parents after months of pleading with him to utilize the degree they paid $60k+ for and not beg for change and pretend to train hop with his questionable friends who also came from an upper middle class home. He finally gets to his parents house in New Haven, CT after a long flight from Louisville. He drops his Alice pack at the door but his faithful mutt, Barney, was left at a train station three states and a time zone away.

He goes to the bathroom and looks in the mirror. He picks up a set of sheers and lops of his dreads and shaves off the disgusting patch work beard he spend his gap years trying to grow. He cuts off his patch laden black pants, his lips tremble as he sees the skitsystem patch staring back at him, he knows this is the end of his prolonged youth. His Doom shirt is on the floor, permeating the stench of stale 211 and hand rolled cigarettes. “I guess that’s going in the trash too.” He mumbles. He glances at his iPhone and sees a text from his father, “Great news, Brandon! I got you an interview at this really exciting finance start up. We’ll talk when I get home!” He smiles, excited for this next chapter. With phone in hand he does the unthinkable, opens up Spotify and finds a Fat Wreck playlist and hits play. “Now this is what I’ve been looking for…”
[close]

Holy shit hahahaa
so good!
Rock for Sustainable Capitalism by Propagandhi is the first that pops up on said Spotify playlist

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -376
  • ants suck!
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2021, 10:07:54 PM »
Last year he was probably a shoe in, this year maybe not but he'll probably still win. He knows how to turn it on for big events. That world championships last week didn't really matter as he'd already qualified and he still came 2nd pretty easily.

Expand Quote
what does it mean for skateboarding’s future if the USA don’t get gold in the sport they invented?
[close]

Lol I think it will be ok. Some countries actually encourage their sports to grow outside of their own country. England invented football and we're terrible at it
*stole football from mexico.
Fixed it for ya

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2021, 10:19:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Last year he was probably a shoe in, this year maybe not but he'll probably still win. He knows how to turn it on for big events. That world championships last week didn't really matter as he'd already qualified and he still came 2nd pretty easily.

Expand Quote
what does it mean for skateboarding’s future if the USA don’t get gold in the sport they invented?
[close]

Lol I think it will be ok. Some countries actually encourage their sports to grow outside of their own country. England invented football and we're terrible at it
[close]
*stole football from mexico.
Fixed it for ya

Did they?   I know England’s no stranger to swooping up other cultures’ hallowed items, but I don’t think they can claim provenance for ALL games that involves balls and feet and Mexico has never really been in their sphere of influence let alone for some churchgoers in the mid1800s.   I think it’s more likely that every culture had a foot/ball based game but England gets credit because their specific rule structure became the norm

HeapsCool

• Rep: -171
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2021, 10:35:16 PM »
Bump. If you want any other tips on the future, HMU.

chrisskates808

« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2021, 10:43:17 PM »
Is longboarding on the  olympics?

Haha better not be

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2021, 05:33:24 AM »
Expand Quote
"Is this the line to come for the olympics or am I too late?"

[close]

Like silly putty on an adult coloring book

Hot damn these were supposed to be medals. Is he going to replace them with two sevens now?