Author Topic: Dashawn Jordan Toy Machine pro deck review  (Read 2082 times)

al_cvbrera

Dashawn Jordan Toy Machine pro deck review
« on: June 19, 2021, 08:22:16 AM »
Dashawn Jordan’s Toy Machine pro deck

Dimensions:

Width - 8.25
Length - 31.25
Wheelbase - 14.00
Nose - 7.00
Tail - 6.50
(Dimensions from Toy Machine’s website)

note: In this video: , Dashawn says he thinks the wheelbase is 14.25in. It isn’t. Measured it and the WB is a true 14in.

I skated this board for about a month. What I have to say about this board is that atleast with Ace Classic 44s, this board was verrry easy to get up off the ground and spin and flip. Due to the fact that the wheelbase is 14in and the length is only 31.25in, it didn’t take much effort to manipulate this board in any which direction. Sometimes it felt too responsive in terms of flicking off the side of the board to flip it on say for things like kickflips and heelflips. It was like the sensitivity was cranked all the way up because it didn’t take much energy to do what you wanted with this board. The pop was very, very light due to the dimensions of the board. Even though it is an 8.25, the length made people guess that it was an 8. Scoopy tricks like 360 flips were pretty light and easy to scoop, sometimes to a point where its easy to over do it and do a 540 flip or something. That isn’t a bad thing at all about the board. Really good for flip tricks. For some, its effortless. But for others, you could say that this board is inherently “squirrely”. Short length + tight wheelbase = less effort for flip tricks but potentially less control. I think maybe putting a truck with a wider axle to axle length like Ventures would balance out the squirrely-ness of this board. Maybe it was just the Aces that I rode which made the board feel like that.

The manual point was nice. It has a pronounced concave, but not extreme. Theres not much flat area, its dished. The pocket had a nice groove to it. More wobble to get to the balance point than other boards, but its easy to stay in it once you get past that.

The shape of the tail is just like any other board. But the nose is indeed shaped like a shovel. But it isn’t a big ass shovel nose like on say FA decks. If square noses are your thing but FA noses are too much for you, I think you’ll like the more subtle but still similar shape of the nose on this.

The wood quality was alright. Not alright like it was “meh”, but it was just good. Standard wood quality I’d say. If it matters to you, just know that the bottom ply isn’t stained and its just a natural wood finish for when it gets scratched up and razor tailed on the bottom. I wish the bottom ply was stained, but thats not really big of a deal.

To conclude, this deck was really good. Its basically a traditional size 8 board but with a quarter of an inch added to its width. Stumpy. Very very nimble feeling board. It still has alot of life in it and I could keep skating it, but I prefer a deck with a little more control to it. I rate it 8/10. 8 points for being extremely easy to flip and the light pop feel, and 2 points off for the unpredictableness of the feel of this deck. If you have tons of control and want your tricks to flip and rotate super fast, I highly recommend this board. I think its suited best for a tech style of skating. Maybe not something you want to huck down a stairset down with… but if Dashawn can do it… you get what I mean.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 08:37:32 AM by al_cvbrera »

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1073
Re: Dashawn Jordan Toy Machine pro deck review
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 09:20:55 AM »
You think dashawn is skating a stock shape off the rack and not not either his own or non-production shape with a different wheelbase?

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2021, 10:03:18 AM »
Interesting scrapes

al_cvbrera

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2021, 10:08:46 AM »
You think dashawn is skating a stock shape off the rack and not not either his own or non-production shape with a different wheelbase?
Not too sure. By looking at it, it does look like the same as his pro board. Unless someone finds that same exact board, its really up in the air on if its off the rack or a custom shape only he’s riding.

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2021, 10:23:08 AM »
At the end of the day is a Toy Machine board hence crap.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Bold

• Rep: 32
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2021, 11:53:49 AM »

Dimensions:

Width - 8.25
Length - 31.25
Wheelbase - 14.00
Nose - 7.00
Tail - 6.50

note

How steep are the nose and tail. I tend to like them in the middle. Maybe not at steep as some Almost decks but for sure not shallow.

These dimensions sound great to me.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2021, 06:19:34 PM »
not even interested in this deck, but still: good review

Red Eyed Swimmer

• Rep: 2
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2021, 07:47:49 PM »

al_cvbrera

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2021, 01:02:06 PM »
Expand Quote

Dimensions:

Width - 8.25
Length - 31.25
Wheelbase - 14.00
Nose - 7.00
Tail - 6.50

note
[close]

How steep are the nose and tail. I tend to like them in the middle. Maybe not at steep as some Almost decks but for sure not shallow.

These dimensions sound great to me.
I'd say the nose and tail are pretty in the middle. On a scale of 1 to 10 for steepness, I'd say it's about a 6 or a 7. It definitely feels more steep than it is mellow, but it isn't CRAZILY steep. The concave is pretty deep though. There are some 8.25's that feel like 8's and some that feel like an 8.5. This one feels smaller than an 8.25.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1601
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2021, 09:23:52 PM »
not even interested in this deck, but still: good review

No matter who it is, there is nothing more interesting than seeing what set ups people are riding.  Even if it is a pro I hate, it is the equivalent of driving past an accident on the freeway, even though I get mad at people who slow down traffic in order to look at the accident.  Guilty pleasures
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1158
  • old and in the way
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2021, 09:33:00 PM »
Awesome review @al_cvbrera . I hope you continue to make them as your set ups change.
Dashawn is so rad.

al_cvbrera

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2021, 01:31:20 PM »
Awesome review @al_cvbrera . I hope you continue to make them as your set ups change.
Dashawn is so rad.
Thanks. I'm planning to give a review of a couple of the boards I've been skating. Stay tuned I guess

switchfrontshuv

• Rep: 48
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2021, 02:23:09 PM »
31.25 long? what the fuck?