Author Topic: Yuto Part - 6/24  (Read 8207 times)

Gnarfunkell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 135
Re: Yuto Part - 6/24
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2021, 11:25:05 AM »
Backside sugarcane on a proper rail was one of those tricks I've wanted to see for ever but couldn't ever imagine how it would look. There you go.

I did one on a rail in Session last night, and wondered how long it would take before I would see it irl. I guess less than 24 hours was the answer lol.

I liked the use of the VX and some old hammer spots. It makes me wonder if he wanted to have a part that resembled the parts he watched growing up. Sort of an homage to his inspirations.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 11:36:35 AM by Gnarfunkell »

donkey

• Rep: -66
  • donk
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2021, 11:28:44 AM »
to you people saying that vx needs to be phased out because of some bullshit concerns of preservation need to get your head out of your ass or just stop skating altogether. this part is fantastic and a lot of it has to do with kevin perez and his vx. id much rather watch this over boring copy paste hd footage that seems so prevalent nowadays.

Ed boy

• Rep: 80
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2021, 11:33:00 AM »
Seemed like it could have been paced a little slower to emphasize how insane his skating is.

Part was still incredible though. Love his trick selection.
Double back 3 was really cool.

Take that Decenzo.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 02:39:03 PM by Ed boy »

mareo

• Rep: -342
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2021, 11:35:20 AM »
to you people saying that vx needs to be phased out because of some bullshit concerns of preservation need to get your head out of your ass or just stop skating altogether. this part is fantastic and a lot of it has to do with kevin perez and his vx. id much rather watch this over boring copy paste hd footage that seems so prevalent nowadays.

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2021, 11:50:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Backside sugarcane on a proper rail was one of those tricks I've wanted to see for ever but couldn't ever imagine how it would look. There you go.
[close]

I did one on a rail in Session last night, and wondered how long it would take before I would see it irl. I guess less than 24 hours was the answer lol.

I liked the use of the VX and some old hammer spots. It makes me wonder if he wanted to have a part that resembled the parts he watched growing up. Sort of an homage to his inspirations.

Matt Berger did one on Hollywood 12 for his ender here:

The fact Yuto just sat so casually on a switch tail down a round 18 rail is blowing my mind.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 135
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2021, 12:10:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Matt Berger did one on Hollywood 12 for his ender here:

The fact Yuto just sat so casually on a switch tail down a round 18 rail is blowing my mind.

Daaang. It's awesome how differently they did it. Matt's had quite a bit of hangtime before he got into the grind, while Yuto snapped into it so quickly.

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2021, 12:32:43 PM »
Dude's great, skating's great, and that heelflip around 2:20 really hit the mark.

I do feel like some fake-steez has come about from him. Has he always been the Hunchback of Kyoto-dam?
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 63
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2021, 12:55:55 PM »

Half these tricks would be amazing on ledges, let alone on the rails he's hitting.

Pretty much this. Always wanted a for real Sugarcane on a legit rail. But then I start questioning wether Berger’a bs one on HH 12 was a make?

Loved the Kalis tre flip over the two bins / trash cans.

Anyone else like / notice the (maybe accidentally some, maybe not) homage to KSL’s Ollie over the outside rail that he’s switch tailsliding- I can never remember the name of it. In Spanky’s “Am spotlight” the photo of the Ollie also had Koston in the background filming, with his foot on the ground to slow himself down.
I remember loving that little detail, seeing someone like Koston filming this Baker / PD young gun and got me sooooo excited for Baker 3- like “What, in a line?”

Not to completely derail the thread but the pictures in his interview were nuts- kickflip nose sliding a Hubba with a kink at the end and his eyes are focused on the kink while flipping, locking and sliding. It was noted in the usual pre-interview intro ramble, that I remember blowing off until I actually noticed it.
I went looking for the pictures, found the interview itselfbut the fucking pictures won’t load for me :

https://skateboarding.transworld.net/photos/kevin-spanky-long-am-spotlight/

I’m permanently on mobile so maybe it’s that.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2021, 01:00:47 PM »
Expand Quote

Half these tricks would be amazing on ledges, let alone on the rails he's hitting.
[close]

Pretty much this. Always wanted a for real Sugarcane on a legit rail. But then I start questioning wether Berger’a bs one on HH 12 was a make?

Anyone else like / notice the (maybe accidentally some, maybe not) homage to KSL’s Ollie over the outside rail that he’s switch tailsliding- I can never remember the name of it. In Spanky’s “Am spotlight” the photo of the Ollie also had Koston in the background filming, with his foot on the ground to slow himself down.
I remember loving that little detail, seeing someone like Koston filming this Baker / PD young gun and got me sooooo excited for Baker 3- like “What, in a line?”

Nothing gets past you...

I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2021, 01:14:45 PM »
If William Pham skated in rails...

Such good style.

one-off

• Rep: 107
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2021, 01:16:51 PM »
Gold, but the learner is not yet the master [insert photoshop of Emperor Zigram]

SmilingBoy

• Rep: 12
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2021, 01:23:54 PM »
I honestly did not expect April to release a VX part considering their shiny and clean aesthetic, that being said I really enjoyed this.

Steve Kelly

• Rep: -227
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2021, 01:28:16 PM »
well, that felt very generic- his style feels very forced. freeze frame landings don t help i guess.

kinda bummed actually because i always had a soft spot for him

gerat skill level though- perfect contest skater

Lol, you have a great eye for amazing skating and style...Just stretching it so fucking far at this point it’s embarrassing....

homegrown83

• Rep: -83
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2021, 01:47:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That was beautiful. He sure gave decenzo something to eat his words with. Amazing
[close]

What did Decenzo say that he must now eat?
[close]

1:09:40 he calls Yuto a contest skater: https://soundcloud.com/thebuntlive/the-bunt-ft-ryan-decenzo-s12-episode-08-this-covid-shit-is-really-fin-up-my-paul-machnauing

Yuto rips, much love to him. The skating in that part is absolutely epic.

Surprising. I feel like that stigma/belief was killed awhile ago. I feel like almost all of the guys that kill it in the contests can kill it in the streets as well. Anyways, this was part was amazing. The double back 3 was my favorite.

Complements4U

• Rep: 397
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2021, 01:49:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Should be wild. 

[close]
I thought Yuto was on venture and Koston was on Indy but in that second pic It looks like costumes riding ventures and Yuto’s using Indys lol.
[close]

Both look like ventures to me…
[close]
I kind of see it but I still can’t unsee that they look like Indys.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/oldskoolpaul/14229607932

Either way I’m sure they are Ventures and the lighting/angle is the reason they look like indys too me but I just thought it was funny how they look like they are riding each other truck sponsors. Not that Koston hasn’t been in multiple photos riding ventures and thunders.
Those are venture lows

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2021, 02:26:48 PM »
Great skating, I'm a fan of Yuto but he's getting shafted with the bland board sponsor and edits. That edit was terrible. Why start out with one song then switch to another completely different genre with no segue or reason for switching? The video was 3:40, just use one fucking song. Preferably neither of those because they both sucked.

Also when are people gonna realize that cutting to a second angle in the middle of a trick looks shit? It's 2021 for christ's sake.
the last song is sick...youre white as hell

NeimanMarxist

• Rep: -11
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2021, 02:28:49 PM »
Using a vx in 2021 is the most artistically bankrupt thing imaginable. 99% of the time it looks like shit and is done just to impress people who are stuck in 1999. It’s like Tarantino using 70mm stock just because that’s what the movies he likes used, but using it in the dumbest way possible.

Yuto is sick as fuck and, just in terms of the tricks, this is probably the hardest part that’s come out in a minute.

PrettyRicki

• Rep: 10
  • Symmetrical boards <3
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2021, 02:42:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Great skating, I'm a fan of Yuto but he's getting shafted with the bland board sponsor and edits. That edit was terrible. Why start out with one song then switch to another completely different genre with no segue or reason for switching? The video was 3:40, just use one fucking song. Preferably neither of those because they both sucked.

Also when are people gonna realize that cutting to a second angle in the middle of a trick looks shit? It's 2021 for christ's sake.
[close]

Wtf is up with using white as an insult? That shits messed up.

This part was sick and his style looks effortless. I couldn't even imagine these tricks being done 10+ years ago.

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 24
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2021, 02:56:02 PM »
fitting of Koston to film that opening line, thought the first half of this part was very reminiscent of Koston in Menikmati.

lovermangenius

• Rep: 16
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2021, 03:01:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Tyler The Creator, an artist notorious for not having a white fanbase

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 424
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2021, 03:34:19 PM »
That switch front board looked terrifying. Jesus christ.

Also, sick song. And the April logo is pretty good.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2021, 03:57:42 PM »
im pretty sure on tricks that big and that technical ,that you do not fake steeze...you fags

again for the people in the back

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2021, 04:51:23 PM »
I dig this
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 578
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2021, 04:55:40 PM »
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2021, 05:09:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Tyler The Creator, an artist notorious for not having a white fanbase

Bingo.

"youre white as hell" ... for hating on a Tyler song??? There is no way "youre white as hell" guy isn't himself also white.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1481
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2021, 05:33:59 PM »
I'm stoked dudes think this is fake steez.

Same guys making that noise will buy a mcrib and not only think it's an actual rib sandwich but will get mad that they can't buy more of them whenevs.

tl;dr version. Their opinion is trash.

Yuto destroys with an authentic smile and perfect landings. Get used to it. There's much more of it to come.

donkey

• Rep: -66
  • donk
« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2021, 05:47:41 PM »
yeah i see nothing wrong with the april logo. i think the team is heavy and although bland, the logo has an enjoyable simplicity to it which makes their footage look great.

i was really taken aback to find how much i enjoyed seeing the board flipping around on vx1 footy. it was a combo i didn’t know i would like so much

and yeah the people thinking that he’s faking steez have absolutely no clue what they’re talking about. there’s absolutely no way you can fake steez at that caliber of skating

Don

• Rep: -31
« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2021, 06:03:31 PM »
I fucking hate april but I love Yuto, I want him skate to some black metal

conqueso

« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2021, 06:04:55 PM »
the logo for sure looks like some kind of vaginal cleansing product. however yuto is amazing. fs nollie 180 nosegrind back to reg on that big rail was also so insane....didnt even notice it till the second watch.

serd

• Rep: -7
« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2021, 06:21:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Not to completely derail the thread but the pictures in his interview were nuts- kickflip nose sliding a Hubba with a kink at the end and his eyes are focused on the kink while flipping, locking and sliding. It was noted in the usual pre-interview intro ramble, that I remember blowing off until I actually noticed it.
I went looking for the pictures, found the interview itselfbut the fucking pictures won’t load for me :

https://skateboarding.transworld.net/photos/kevin-spanky-long-am-spotlight/

I’m permanently on mobile so maybe it’s that.

wasn't too crazy about this, kinda felt like more of a one up than a homage. sick skating nonetheless.