Author Topic: doh dohs  (Read 1643 times)

spaghettihead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
doh dohs
« on: June 24, 2021, 10:37:34 AM »
couple q’s about shorty’s doh doh bushings. first, are they gonna fit in my indy stage 11 standards? second, do they come with washers or nah?

MaXX_I-D

Re: doh dohs
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 04:16:21 PM »
couple q’s about shorty’s doh doh bushings. first, are they gonna fit in my indy stage 11 standards? second, do they come with washers or nah?
they're the same(size) as the stock indy bushings in the forged hollows and don't come with washers

jimgrude

• Rep: 67
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 07:12:33 PM »
I have yellow DohDoh's paired with Titanium hollows on my crust setup. Takes forever to break in, but they help a bit  preventing wheelbite with my rattly loose trucks and 58mm conical full's.

edit: yeah they fit. I ride them without the bottom washer, and a flat washer on top. With normal washers they will fit about the same as stock indy bushings.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 07:45:20 PM »
They do fit as mentioned. I'm using the blue softs with no bottom washer and the nut hand tightened and it's been neat. Though I did find they took a bit to break in as well.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1396
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2021, 08:35:17 PM »
Oh nice. I found a set of blue ones along with some black panther abec 3s from like 99 or something this weekend. I might try em again  8) :o
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2021, 09:57:34 AM »
I’ve had the orange in a set of ventures and they felt great at first but were completely fucked after skating them for a couple hours

onkalo

• Rep: 28
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2021, 06:38:13 PM »
I have the blue (88a) doh doh’s on my venture 5.2 lows. They make them turn perfectly in my opinion, easy to handle the pre-wheelbite zone. I run them without the bottom washer and standard top washer.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1031
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2021, 06:54:34 AM »

I seem to recall people saying they were the best back in the day, even having a set or so and not having issues I can recall.

They fit in every truck as there were minimal conical bushings back then, just barrel, so the washers worked with all of them too, but you couldn't put them on as many current trucks now with many having the smaller conical bottom washer.

The more recent sets I have seen or helped people with all seem blown out (while still looking very new) or just do not break in well / easily, so I am wondering if what I experienced is common or not.

I see a couple of positive and a couple of negative comments about them, but I must say the other bushings from both Thunder, Independent and a few other random new old ones including some Khiro and Lucky bushings seemed to work much better than the Doh Dohs I have put in boards in the last couple of years, all with reasonable break in time and not smashing the bushings or anything.

Anyone else care to comment - what colour / hardness and experiences you had with them?

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.