Author Topic: bs5050s?  (Read 806 times)

I Can't Think

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 31
bs5050s?
« on: August 13, 2021, 02:37:13 AM »
I'm a fs5050 kinda guy, I fucking hate bs5050. I feel like there's plenty of people who just don't click with them despite knowing other bs slides and grinds? For me bs5050 specifically is one of the hardest bs grinds which is pretty funny.

I can do them, I've just never felt solid with them. Like, l've done them down hubbas etc. but every single time, I have to start on something small, learn the trick really quick that day, then try it on whatever, unlike fs5050 which I can just do out the gates. I want that to finally change

I have no idea what I should be doing with my where I'm looking, my shoulders, etc. Some days my shoulders are open, some days they're square, some days my gaze is on the end of the rail/ledge, sometimes it's on where I'm gonna hop on, or its on my feet. I have no consistent method which bugs the shit out of me. Every time I land one it feels like luck, even if I'm getting them repeatedly that day. I feel like I should have it down since its one of the "basics". Pls help lol

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: bs5050s?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 02:27:31 PM »
I look at the ledge where I plan to get on and then at my nose to make sure i don't hit the ledge when I pop. Once I pop, I focus on locking my back truck on the ledge (toe side wheel flush with ledge) while aligning my shoulders with the same direction as the ledge. I find if I lock my back trucks first, I have more control and I stick less than if I land into the grind front truck fist and nudge the back one on. Speaking of sticking, this is an easy trick to stick on so I aways stay in the back seat weight wise. Aligning your shoulders with the ledge helps avoid doing the dreaded unintended ledge feeble. Hope some of that helps.

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2021, 08:51:51 PM »
I look at the ledge where I plan to get on and then at my nose to make sure i don't hit the ledge when I pop. Once I pop, I focus on locking my back truck on the ledge (toe side wheel flush with ledge) while aligning my shoulders with the same direction as the ledge. I find if I lock my back trucks first, I have more control and I stick less than if I land into the grind front truck fist and nudge the back one on. Speaking of sticking, this is an easy trick to stick on so I aways stay in the back seat weight wise. Aligning your shoulders with the ledge helps avoid doing the dreaded unintended ledge feeble. Hope some of that helps.

Bless you mate

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2021, 07:07:39 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phGmF1l0X3I

Ben Degros' video is pretty good.

To me, it's all in the drag and shoulders.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 12:10:47 PM »
Or you can try Ollie from before the ledge exactly in line with the edge. (Brian wenning nose grind style) it's just like Ollie up a curb but you land grinding. Then move a bit to the side(so it's now actually backside) but still Ollie before the ledge starts. Then go from the middle like a normal back 5050. I found relearning it this way meant my shoulders/hips felt more natural because your basically just ollie up a curb and riding

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2021, 12:25:33 PM »
The first time I ever did one on anything of significant height, I visualized this Julien clip. I intentionally sliced in at the ledge before popping, and it worked... for me, starting with some distance away and then sharply turning in toward the ledge at the last moment helps me balance the little backside shift with the ollie and to get over top of the ledge and lock in.

I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead