Author Topic: Skate shoes with decent arch support?  (Read 2432 times)

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -332
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Skate shoes with decent arch support?
« on: July 02, 2021, 09:02:52 AM »
Been noticing my feet are starting to hurt and I’m finding Vans suck for arch support....

Any recommendations? New Balance Nike has a narrow toebox but I’m liking the Tyshawn so far..... maybe the Stevie Slim?
Dueces Bitch's

Paperclip20

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
Re: Skate shoes with decent arch support?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 09:06:27 AM »
Your best bet is most likely going to be aftermarket insoles. I can't think of any skate shoe I have gotten arch support from.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2021, 09:20:10 AM »
Your best bet is most likely going to be aftermarket insoles. I can't think of any skate shoe I have gotten arch support from.
As someone with flat feet, I agree with this. I have some Superfeet insoles that are really nice and supportive. Honestly too, you should consider not wearing skate shoes when you're not skating, and getting other shoes that offer more support (if you don't already do that).

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2021, 10:00:28 AM »
Tyshawn's are really nice, I love my pair
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2021, 11:46:37 AM »
Etnies Marana, and the Joslin 1 & 2 have a solid cupsole with a comfortable and supportive PU insole. It’s slightly contoured with the arch so it helps there in my experience. I highly recommend them for skating!
Super Champion Fun Zone

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2021, 12:35:54 PM »
Adidas coronado

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2021, 12:52:33 PM »
I'm with this. I've got hella foot problems and tried FP, Superfeet, and a couple other brands more aimed towards fitness, all didn't work for me. I thought i'd try Remind just for the hell of it, and  remind medics have been great so far. Figure out what kind of arch you have and pick the one they make for that level, I think it's worth a try.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2021, 02:24:37 PM »
I also vouch for the FP insoles game changers are great the orthotics hurt my feet.

As for shoes, I loved the Adidas Lucas Premiere but those are harder to find now. The Vans Berle is a bad shoe but it was supportive. A shoe you will find and performs great is the new Kalis shoe. It’s supportive and comfortable, although a little big for me.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

pro club blanks

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2021, 04:37:04 PM »
Samba advs felt really good to my arches

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1000
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2021, 10:35:57 PM »
NB1010

Damn I wish their sizing was a better fit for me.

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2021, 11:38:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
As someone with flat feet, I agree with this. I have some Superfeet insoles that are really nice and supportive. Honestly too, you should consider not wearing skate shoes when you're not skating, and getting other shoes that offer more support (if you don't already do that).

Which super feet are you using? I get a deal through work, so I’m thinking about getting a pair for skating

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2021, 09:26:02 AM »
NB1010

yeah the tiago has the most amount of arch in any recent shoe I've tried on and I couldnt' wear them because of it. If only they made the shoe a little wider with less pronounced arch. I'd rock that shoe all the time.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2021, 09:35:12 AM »
Expand Quote
NB1010

[close]

yeah the tiago has the most amount of arch in any recent shoe I've tried on and I couldnt' wear them because of it. If only they made the shoe a little wider with less pronounced arch. I'd rock that shoe all the time.

This brings up a good point: not everyone's feet are the same and if you've got normal or high arches too much arch support can be a bad thing. Gamechangers always give me back pain, but something like G6 or Popcush are my key.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2021, 09:40:00 AM »
I have high arches. I’ve had 4 pairs of tiagos since they came out, and I’m breaking in a pair right now.  They’re supportive, but the arch support isn’t what people are saying. My rowans have more arch support.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2021, 09:46:56 AM »
NB1010

I think we have similar fit issues with this shoe. Nike just fits my narrow heel. I now have a wider forefoot. Heel fit aside, the 1010 has turned into my fave skate shoe. I have to shut off a lifetime of undersizing shoes (always liked em tight), but I skate decently in the 1010 in my ‘true’ size, and my feet feel better than they usually do after skating.

Embrace the slop my dude.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2021, 07:38:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Which super feet are you using? I get a deal through work, so I’m thinking about getting a pair for skating

For skate shoes, you probably want green or blue. Blue are a little thinner (so they'll fit in more shoes), but green are a little more supportive. If you can, take them out of the box at the store and stand on them to get a feel for how your foot will sit in them, and get the ones that feel better.

sweet son of a bitch

• Rep: 62
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2021, 09:03:46 AM »
I’ve been rocking these in the grosso vans and they are amazing . My left foot is super flat . I had custom orthotics made & wore them Out . Made the arch flat in a year . As @crap said go to rei & just run through the insoles . Also a big fan of super feet .
https://yoursole.com/us/shop/footbeds