Author Topic: The Nine Club with Ronnie Creager  (Read 5687 times)

hadouken

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 54
Re: The Nine Club with Ronnie Creager
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2021, 09:38:23 PM »
honestly, the nine club hate on this forum is sooo fucking wack

is it amazing? no. but it is something cool to watch if you like the skater. 

honestly disappointed that everyone is so "disgusted" by innocuous skaters making a show and talking to legendary pro skateboarders.  its so fucking dumb that everyone has so much criticism about all of this. 

it's sad ya'll.  not a good look

You make it sound like it’s just some dudes who are having fun with a podcast instead of a bunch of industry dudes who have spent more time figuring out how to sell merch and advertising than they have researching the person they’re interviewing.

The reason people are bummed at it is they have the keys to the kingdom in terms of access and exposure and instead they blow it. It’s genuinely confusing to me that they’ve been doing it this long and still can’t interview people properly.
&& lives to fuck the tits off new mums

hartt3

• Rep: 5
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2021, 10:07:02 PM »
ronnies cool and all but i wanted some talk on lavar and penny

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2021, 11:51:56 PM »
What I’ve never understood about the Nine Club and it’s format is who the hell wants to watch an interview for 3 hours?    I could maybe understand listening to it, but it seems like it’s mostly popular as a video.    Aside from Muckmouth who seems like an avid viewer, don’t people have better things to do and infinitely more interesting subjects at their disposal?

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2209
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2021, 05:57:18 AM »
Is there any footage of him skating outside of the US? I've seen one trick in Australia, but it seems like 98% of his footage is California and Arizona.

There's something not quite adding up with his sponsors though. I barely remember his second stint on Etnies in the What If? era, mustn't have lasted long. Also he mentioned once he was about to get on Adio and was about to sign a contract, that never ended up happening.
His second stint on Etnies was around "The Blind Video" IIRC.

I don't think there are Euro Ronnie clips, he kept a 5 mile radius of spots skated. There was a dude in SD that was the same way but I don't think it worked for his career. Ronnie made it work for his time in the spotlight somehow.

@GardenSkater77 agree on the Wray similarities. Both rip on a board,but of...well...

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2021, 06:14:47 AM »
Expand Quote
honestly, the nine club hate on this forum is sooo fucking wack

is it amazing? no. but it is something cool to watch if you like the skater. 

honestly disappointed that everyone is so "disgusted" by innocuous skaters making a show and talking to legendary pro skateboarders.  its so fucking dumb that everyone has so much criticism about all of this. 

it's sad ya'll.  not a good look
[close]

You make it sound like it’s just some dudes who are having fun with a podcast instead of a bunch of industry dudes who have spent more time figuring out how to sell merch and advertising than they have researching the person they’re interviewing.

The reason people are bummed at it is they have the keys to the kingdom in terms of access and exposure and instead they blow it. It’s genuinely confusing to me that they’ve been doing it this long and still can’t interview people properly.

Also if they wanna be a "chill conversational" podcast then fine, but they're not even good at that. The last half hour was Chris and the gang on their phone talking amongst themselves while Ronnie awkwardly tried to explain a pretty straightforward project.

Copthorne14

• Rep: -24
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2021, 06:52:46 AM »
Finally getting around to this and I'm kinda bummed they can't be bothered to pull clips now they're done with stop and chat.

They need to keep pulling clips even though guys are back in the studio now.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2021, 06:55:17 AM »
Finally getting around to this and I'm kinda bummed they can't be bothered to pull clips now they're done with stop and chat.

I would maybe watch it rather than just listen to it if that were the case from the get go. I did like that they were talking about the spots he skated, and if the clips were with it would work well.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2021, 07:05:04 AM »

I think they're doing Stop n Chats on Fridays now for returning guests to discuss clips and whatnot.

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 64
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2021, 07:50:38 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think they're doing Stop n Chats on Fridays now for returning guests to discuss clips and whatnot.

Good, some of the best content they’ve put out have been the segments they break out onto the Nine Club Highlights channel - all the talk with Reynolds about his iconic clips was great, breaking down standout tricks in recent / classic video reviews.
Pros talking about their clips - Foy too.
All this stuff is much more enjoyable than the full podcast episodes.
Having said all that, I still watch the Billy Marks one once every six months.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2021, 08:12:46 AM »
The fact that Joe Rogan can interview a neuroscientist in a hour and it takes 3 hours for Crob to brown nose the skater that he didn't do prior research on is amazing. It's hard to think he's learning and developing his interviewing skills when he couldn't be bothered to skate while it was his full time job.
Now that we're all accustomed to a Podcast interview format, nobody wants to listen to dead end stories for 3 hours.
I realized Crob has never done anything out of chronological order or done anything to expand a question.
I think the 9 Club is objectively bad, but it's the only thing of it's kind in skateboarding right now.

If Crob just did a long ass nosegrind and posted it on instagram I would be much happier than listening to that show.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2021, 08:20:36 AM »
this episode 188 and yall complaining about Crob like it's episode 25.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2021, 08:47:52 AM »
The fact that Joe Rogan can interview a neuroscientist in a hour and it takes 3 hours for Crob to brown nose the skater that he didn't do prior research on is amazing. It's hard to think he's learning and developing his interviewing skills when he couldn't be bothered to skate while it was his full time job.
Now that we're all accustomed to a Podcast interview format, nobody wants to listen to dead end stories for 3 hours.
I realized Crob has never done anything out of chronological order or done anything to expand a question.
I think the 9 Club is objectively bad, but it's the only thing of it's kind in skateboarding right now.

If Crob just did a long ass nosegrind and posted it on instagram I would be much happier than listening to that show.

Comparing Crob to Joe Rogan is setting the bar real low.

Every Joe Rogan episode every:

Guest will do their best to explain some complex concept about time and space.
JR: wow that's crazy hey Jamie pull up that clip of the gorilla attacking that man, can you imagine a gorilla on Alpha Brain?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2021, 09:33:23 AM »
I agree they still need to pull clips! And talk about full board setups. I kept waiting and then it was over. Kinda bummed on that.  They didn't mention anything on his latest run at Es or did they? Whats up with that?  Like Kelly said I'd love to see him back on Blind but that's never going to happen. I downloaded the Qwizpop app. It was pretty fun! I hope he does well with it and his new shop.

Side note...Does anyone know how Shepard Fairey is tied in with Rodney and Dwindel??? Roger are you lurking plz respond.

hartt3

• Rep: 5
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2021, 02:47:20 PM »
the amount of psychic pain crob causes slappers

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2021, 03:00:16 PM »
I always enjoy anything Creager related. Have a few of his old Blind decks on ice.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2021, 04:06:16 PM »
I always enjoy anything Creager related. Have a few of his old Blind decks on ice.
Pictures please! Had quite a few too

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2021, 04:47:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Pictures please! Had quite a few too

Can't pull them out now but I have the one with the little dragon next to the apple tree, and a bunch of the later darker-themed decks. Honestly just happy for any Creager decks as he was def a favorite growing up.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Grip Jobs

« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2021, 06:19:10 PM »
Fell asleep like 2min in. Ronnie is a good skater but these Cali dudes are full douche

yep yep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2021, 06:27:18 PM »
yea Creager one of the greats!

Tuff Lover

• Rep: 4
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2021, 11:18:45 PM »
I agree they still need to pull clips! And talk about full board setups. I kept waiting and then it was over. Kinda bummed on that.  They didn't mention anything on his latest run at Es or did they? Whats up with that?  Like Kelly said I'd love to see him back on Blind but that's never going to happen. I downloaded the Qwizpop app. It was pretty fun! I hope he does well with it and his new shop.

Side note...Does anyone know how Shepard Fairey is tied in with Rodney and Dwindel??? Roger are you lurking plz respond.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 11:31:27 PM by Tuff Lover »

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2021, 11:33:38 PM »
If it's anything like his skate parts he probably just says the same thing in a couple different ways, then leaves me holding the lotion, wanting more.
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2021, 01:41:07 PM »
If it's anything like his skate parts he probably just says the same thing in a couple different ways, then leaves me holding the lotion, wanting more.

nailed it.

rothdigga

• Rep: 574
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2021, 02:22:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
the story about getting kicked off Foundation with no explanation was strange considering he was easily the best guy on the team and had just put this part out: https://youtu.be/j66UhYpXYdA?t=2688
[close]
yes, Add that with his dismissal from ES shoes, and not leaving blind on good terms and it all seems rather fishy.
[close]

I thought Rocco told Swank he was taking him for Blind.

Es shoes he previously said his low impact skateboarding was not valued.

He was, in theory, let go from blind cause he got old and I don’t think ‘legacy’ pros weren’t a thing 10 years ago.

For me, creager and wray are one in the same. Sk8 rats with no gimmick.

I’ll make myself watch this one day but I gotta get into the mental space to watch a nine club.

He definitely got kicked off Foundation because it happened not long after I got kicked off the ole F.  I remember meeting up with him at Ramona (school with the grey 2 stair we all used to skate) and Ronnie came up and was like "duuuuude, I got kicked off too!"  I believe he was gearing up to quit anyways and maybe Todd found out and did a preemptive strike on him and kicked him before he had the chance to quit.  Whereas I just got straight up kicked off.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2021, 09:58:56 PM »

i have a feeling Guy is gonna be in the next few weeks.
Like like like like like.

https://youtu.be/5ZU5K3y7QhU?t=1406

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2021, 10:27:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
the story about getting kicked off Foundation with no explanation was strange considering he was easily the best guy on the team and had just put this part out: https://youtu.be/j66UhYpXYdA?t=2688
[close]
yes, Add that with his dismissal from ES shoes, and not leaving blind on good terms and it all seems rather fishy.
[close]

I thought Rocco told Swank he was taking him for Blind.

Es shoes he previously said his low impact skateboarding was not valued.

He was, in theory, let go from blind cause he got old and I don’t think ‘legacy’ pros weren’t a thing 10 years ago.

For me, creager and wray are one in the same. Sk8 rats with no gimmick.

I’ll make myself watch this one day but I gotta get into the mental space to watch a nine club.
[close]

He definitely got kicked off Foundation because it happened not long after I got kicked off the ole F.  I remember meeting up with him at Ramona (school with the grey 2 stair we all used to skate) and Ronnie came up and was like "duuuuude, I got kicked off too!"  I believe he was gearing up to quit anyways and maybe Todd found out and did a preemptive strike on him and kicked him before he had the chance to quit.  Whereas I just got straight up kicked off.

Doesn't add up considering he said he'd still be riding for Foundation to this day (Not like he wouldn't have got kicked off anyway) if he didn't get kicked off.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2021, 12:56:28 AM »

For anyone who lack the patience of dealing with a 3 hour podcast. It sounds like he faded into obscurity in Blind, didn't press the issue about a job in the company past his pro career. Plus board companies doing their riders dirty with shitty contracts (no fixed, board royalties only).

After 10 minutes of the podcast I'm reminded why I don't bother listening.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2021, 04:02:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Is there any footage of him skating outside of the US? I've seen one trick in Australia, but it seems like 98% of his footage is California and Arizona.

There's something not quite adding up with his sponsors though. I barely remember his second stint on Etnies in the What If? era, mustn't have lasted long. Also he mentioned once he was about to get on Adio and was about to sign a contract, that never ended up happening.
[close]
His second stint on Etnies was around "The Blind Video" IIRC.

I don't think there are Euro Ronnie clips, he kept a 5 mile radius of spots skated. There was a dude in SD that was the same way but I don't think it worked for his career. Ronnie made it work for his time in the spotlight somehow.

@GardenSkater77 agree on the Wray similarities. Both rip on a board,but of...well...
I remember seeing him on those 411 europe videos in late 90’s.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -215
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2021, 04:15:37 AM »
Expand Quote

i have a feeling Guy is gonna be in the next few weeks.
[close]
Like like like like like.

https://youtu.be/5ZU5K3y7QhU?t=1406

Shit a 3 hour podcast of this and the CIA will have something new to play as a way to torture people

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2021, 10:23:50 AM »
ronnie and jeremy wray both skate like army men

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375