Author Topic: France: Paris - Marseille - Lyon  (Read 5134 times)

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
Re: France: Paris - Marseille - Lyon
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2022, 12:36:05 AM »
I'm sure @silhouette will answer, but I have heard good things about Vega. They have shop decks for 45 euro on their sight.

https://vegaskateshop.fr/product-category/skateboard/planche-seule/?fwp_sort=price_asc

As for the spots there is that facebook page I mentioned above.

Hopefully the weather clears up its been shite for days.

silhouette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2022, 12:37:55 AM »
I’m going to Paris this week and I was looking for fun spot recommendations in the 18th district/Chatelet/Les Halles areas. Anybody have any spots? Definitely gonna go to the Place de la Republique.

Is that wallride spot on the melting apartment statue outside Gare Du Nord a certain bust? Saw it got somewhat skatestopped with poles but it looks still possible to get a decent wallride. I heard you’ll get busted quick though.

Also, I’m not gonna be able to bring my deck, so I’ll be buying one from a skateshop there. Any shop recommendations preferably close to the areas I mentioned above? I was going to go to Dayoff skateshop because I love their crew and their vids but they’re probably gonna be closed. Looking for a shop deck because I don’t want to spend too much money on a deck I won’t be able to take home in one piece

Nozbone is in my opinion the best, a two-minute skate from République/Dayoff and as I was just checking for the shop boards they currently have in stock, turns out you're in luck and they currently have 30% discounts on a lot of them: https://www.nozbone.com/skateboard/planches-de-skate-boards/nozbone.html otherwise Vega is sweet too indeed (and also the only Parisian shop that played along back when we organized shipping skate product to Lebanon).

Area you mentioned has tons of cool little spots you'll probably just run into (it's great for cruising around and stopping at random places), some recognizable but also a lot of no-name ones, I especially enjoy getting lost with my board around le Louvre and just hitting whatever. Streets usually get pretty crowded with pedestrians though, tons of shops, restaurants etc. in the area so depending on when exactly you're going skating that may or may not be easy.

Melting building is a relatively recent official art installation and so of course skating it isn't going to be easy, more than over security though I'd be worrying about how it's literally outside the door into and out of one of Paris' main train station which means constant yet unpredictable pedestrian traffic and crowds, you sort of need a crew to handle that for you which is why it's mostly teams you see hit that thing.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 01:16:56 AM by silhouette »

Yibb-Tstll

• Rep: 52
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2022, 07:04:42 AM »
As Silhouette said, Nozbone is the go-to if you want to set-up a board right before warming up at République, but if you're in the 18th Odilon Skateshop is pretty cool too, nice guys and selection at Metro Abesses, right under the Sacre Coeur. Definitely worths stopping by if you're around

Still in the 18th, Halles Pajol is a pretty mellow chill/spot with lots of short manual pads, wooden logs/benches and a long ledge if you're staying in the area

https://goo.gl/maps/TcTccmX28G1t4tUD7

And unfortunately, the melting House in gare du Nord is not there anymore
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 01:56:07 AM by Yibb-Tstll »

usehername720

• Rep: 6
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2022, 12:49:08 AM »
Appreciate the replies, definitely gonna check out those spots. I’m gonna dedicate a day or two to just skating around and finding some chill spots but I’m definitely gonna stop by nozbone for a deck

newspaperparty

• Rep: 25
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2022, 08:47:44 AM »
Can anyone share where this spot is?

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2022, 09:27:18 AM »
That's in Paris, right outside Gare de Lyon.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 04:10:14 PM by silhouette »

newspaperparty

• Rep: 25
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2022, 05:22:37 PM »

Word thank you. in paris this week and want to take a look at it and think about skating it but probably not actually skate it and then go skate something else mellow

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2022, 05:35:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Word thank you. in paris this week and want to take a look at it and think about skating it but probably not actually skate it and then go skate something else mellow

That's actually cool, because IIRC there are some pretty good ledges that for some reason only the most dedicated locals really ever bother skating at the bottom in a corner. You'll also be one literal bridge away from Austerlitz (different train station), the vicinity of which is packed with cool spots - really a five-minute skate in a straight line, you just cross the bridge till you reach that other train station (with a plaza front that's a spot in itself), then from there I'd recommend going up the hill that runs alongside the tracks, left side of the station when arriving from Gare de Lyon. There is one really cool, recent, undercover little area with curbs and banks in particular there that I never really skated myself, but some people frequent all the time and looks fun as shit. You'll spot it.

And if you keep going, eventually you'll reach the area where Bercy used to be. There's a modular skatepark there that really is pretty shit and packed with kids but mostly some famous bench (fac de médecine) and bank (pont François Mitterand) spots that may catch your attention.

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2022, 02:47:38 AM »
Where is the very first spot ?

The bs5-0

https://youtu.be/f-0EpkuWr5g

35mm

• Rep: 27
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2022, 08:49:24 AM »
That is place de la republique in paris

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2022, 11:00:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks

Looks perfect

usehername720

• Rep: 6
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2022, 02:54:56 PM »
Place de la republique was such a dope spot. Skating local spots at home doesn’t compare at all and I already miss it lol.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2022, 08:53:52 AM »
Talked to my friends we’re thinking of road tripping to Lyon over spring break. What’s gucci there?

I saw the Skhateyou guide which is awesome.

Anyone around by that time? Let’s get clips? Some fun?

I swear I’m not coming to Lyon to break your fucking fisheye man.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2022, 12:47:29 AM »
don't bother going to the spot electric box from the map. we went there in 2009 when there were nearly no pictures on the OG map and pre-smartphones, so needless to say the spot was a rather big letdown haha. but lyon is sick. there is a certain area, gorge de loup, where literally on every corner there is a spot from ali's sorry part. it's like historical sightseeing.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2022, 07:51:26 AM »
When is spring break?

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Choose life.
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2022, 07:58:18 AM »
When is spring break?

Yeah sorry I actually don’t even know what spring break is lol.

I meant Easter weekend.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2022, 03:40:54 AM »
Expand Quote
When is spring break?
[close]

I meant Easter weekend.

I'm supposed to be in Toulouse that weekend, also not sure if I will be able to skate by then. That said if this change I might be able to come over for a day or two.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Choose life.
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2022, 06:06:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
When is spring break?
[close]

I meant Easter weekend.
[close]

I'm supposed to be in Toulouse that weekend, also not sure if I will be able to skate by then. That said if this change I might be able to come over for a day or two.

Hell yeah mon frere I’ll DM you like a week before leaving when we will have a clearer idea on dates etc.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2022, 08:48:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
When is spring break?
[close]

I meant Easter weekend.
[close]

[close]

Hell yeah mon frere I’ll DM you like a week before leaving when we will have a clearer idea on dates etc.
Cool dude

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Choose life.
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2022, 12:58:07 AM »
@Síota dude..

How’s weed rules there? Is there a max amount that if they catch you they don’t fuck you up or is a bit dodgy?

What’s the core skateshop there?

Places to party?

We’re gonna follow the skate map for parks and spots.

I also wanna check the French Fred spots and do a pilgrimage to the Ali Boulala stairset. Which I guess is in Lyon?

Thank you

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2022, 04:17:38 AM »
Weed rules. I don't really know the laws but it's illegal here, but it easy to find.

Wallstreet and ABS are both dope shops. There is two ABS's now I guess they opened a new location at HDV.

Depends what your into. I like the catus cafe, the voxx, periscope if there is a show etc. I'll think of of more places when I fully wake up.

Yeah the Lyon 25 is in Lyon haha. I'll get a Google map later also. Don't miss the Venice Lyon slappy spot also. Can send a Google map if you need. It's so fun.

I'm not from or live in Lyon I'm like an hour and a half away. I have to wait till the 25th at least before I can skate, but my Toulouse trip is off so might be able to come party. There must be a Lyonnais Pal on here!

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Choose life.
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2022, 04:29:10 AM »
Weed rules. I don't really know the laws but it's illegal here, but it easy to find.

Wallstreet and ABS are both dope shops. There is two ABS's now I guess they opened a new location at HDV.

Depends what your into. I like the catus cafe, the voxx, periscope if there is a show etc. I'll think of of more places when I fully wake up.

Yeah the Lyon 25 is in Lyon haha. I'll get a Google map later also. Don't miss the Venice Lyon slappy spot also. Can send a Google map if you need. It's so fun.

I'm not from or live in Lyon I'm like an hour and a half away. I have to wait till the 25th at least before I can skate, but my Toulouse trip is off so might be able to come party. There must be a Lyonnais Pal on here!

Yeah fuck it dude come party let’s go.

Thanks and please add all you can, even via DM if you don’t wanna share here.

Thanks again.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2022, 04:32:28 AM »
The Lyon 25, here is a video of it:
https://youtu.be/JNIkjUbH74g

And a Google map.
25 marches de lyon
https://maps.app.goo.gl/KDi8UqXnqiVoEkVSA

You can take a bus there or it's like a 20 minute skate from HDV.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2022, 12:33:03 PM »
Here is the slappy spot
Bellecour Carnot
https://maps.app.goo.gl/WccAoJR61o5qwoVv6
It's between the bike path and walkway as you go down from the bridge along the river.
https://youtu.be/JrQEnaCulGc
I'll DM you tomorrow.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2022, 12:28:16 PM »
Lots of spots are missing off that site. This skatepark is killer the upper part under the bridge is this weird red bowl,flow,pump track thing but fun. The lower part, down the stairs on the river is ledge/Manny pad section. Plus there is a great bank to skate, the walls of the Quays.

https://g.co/kgs/5Agwyc

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CKMW82MqxOw/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqAQ1S9gCYj/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I'll try to add a few more spots before Friday. I'll pm you also.

Edit don't miss Foch also
https://g.co/kgs/r4WnPs
I'm not sure if the mini is still there, but the Huba and the DIY stuff is.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2022, 04:52:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Skated there a few times from 2004-2006 and it was always so fun and good times.
ok thanks

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Choose life.
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2022, 09:56:29 PM »
Thanks @Síota !!

I’m trying to make this a almost strictly street skating trip. You know what usually happens when a bunch of stoners go to a new park. I don’t want my mates to pile in a nice skatepark for 3 days haha.

Is HDV the meetup spot?

Those party places you listed are places where skaters usually hang out right? And also ladies that like skaters? Lol.

We’re staying around Gare Dieu (?) if that helps.

Cimer dude and yeah DM whenever.
We’re going there tomoz in the AM.

Gnarred.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2022, 05:47:33 AM »
Forgot dude the best kabobs in France are in Lyon (they won an award)
https://instagram.com/chef.berliner?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2022, 05:59:38 AM »
Forgot dude the best kabobs in France are in Lyon (they won an award)
https://instagram.com/chef.berliner?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

ALL the best food is in Lyon!!
ok thanks

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2022, 06:47:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Skated there a few times from 2004-2006 and it was always so fun and good times.

Were you skating the OG version of the plaza? Current iteration was built in 2013.