Author Topic: France: Paris - Marseille - Lyon  (Read 5126 times)

Jonny7.5Alive

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 87
Re: France: Paris - Marseille - Lyon
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2022, 07:11:55 AM »
I'm there for 2 days gonna hit up slappy curb, perrache and slappy curb. Anything else worth a quick look?

All will be morning sessions. I'm with the girlfriend

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2022, 08:15:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Where is the very first spot ?
[close]
That is place de la republique in paris
[close]

Skated there a few times from 2004-2006 and it was always so fun and good times.
[close]

Were you skating the OG version of the plaza? Current iteration was built in 2013.

Yeah I guess so. I quit skating around 2008 and didnt start again until a bit ago, so I missed all of that change.
ok thanks

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2022, 09:16:31 AM »
I'm there for 2 days gonna hit up slappy curb, perrache and slappy curb. Anything else worth a quick look?

HDV!!!
Also check out wall Street for the mini/curb in the shop.

Jonny7.5Alive

« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2022, 09:48:11 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

HDV!!!
Also check out wall Street for the mini/curb in the shop.

Dam I meant to include HDV in there ha

That's the absolute must

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2022, 09:58:00 AM »
I'd go to Foch I put a pin on the previous page also.
Hit up Mark Renton also! He's there with his homies this weekend

Jonny7.5Alive

« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2022, 11:22:18 AM »
Any restaurant recommendations for Lyon

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2022, 04:00:43 AM »

What kinda food/budget?

For cheap eats can't beat https://www.chefberliner.fr/ they are skaters and also doing Kebabs at Wall St. I haven't been in ages but https://www.ninkasi.fr/ was great also, there is several locations around town. As with Ninkasi it's been ages but loved https://www.facebook.com/cosycornerlyon/ every time I ate there.
This place also was good and cheap: https://twoamigos.fr/

I will try to think of some other places as the day goes on. Can ask mates also if you let me know what your looking for.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2022, 05:25:49 AM »

When there we went to Le petit glouton and vieux Lyon.
First one was good for sure, I have vague memories about the second one cos I was drunk as fuck.
Still good I guess.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Jonny7.5Alive

« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2022, 04:12:38 AM »
Thanks for recommendations lads.

I skated HDV this morning. Fucking amazing. Such a satisfying grind off them ledges.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2022, 05:51:58 AM »

I skated HDV this morning. Fucking amazing. Such a satisfying grind off them ledges.

It's crazy hot for this time of year, you got lucky with the weather wish I was in Lyon skating instead of working up here!

Jonny7.5Alive

« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2022, 07:41:11 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's crazy hot for this time of year, you got lucky with the weather wish I was in Lyon skating instead of working up here!

Cheers bud. I also tried that kebab that you posted. Well worth the hype thanks

Ended up chilling on the river at night drinking and getting stoned with locals.

Great city I'll be back.

I'm in Cornillon now. Moving to Barcelona in a week. Can't wait.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2022, 12:16:27 AM »
Cool man enjoy your trip! Feel free to hit me up if you come back to Lyon or this area (I'm in Grenoble).

Jonny7.5Alive

« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2022, 02:11:36 AM »
Cool man enjoy your trip! Feel free to hit me up if you come back to Lyon or this area (I'm in Grenoble).

Will do

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2022, 02:33:25 AM »
Looks like I'll be in Paris from July 13 - Aug 5. I'll be staying in La Defense - dog sitting for someone - which looks like it's probably not the most exciting area but well connected enough? Haven't read through this whole thread yet but assuming spot/park recommendations have probably already been dropped on page 1-2.

If any pals are around, would be stoked to meet up and go skate.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2022, 04:03:21 AM »
Looks like I'll be in Paris from July 13 - Aug 5. I'll be staying in La Defense - dog sitting for someone - which looks like it's probably not the most exciting area but well connected enough? Haven't read through this whole thread yet but assuming spot/park recommendations have probably already been dropped on page 1-2.

If any pals are around, would be stoked to meet up and go skate.

Don't trip about being in La Défense, it's super well connected to downtown Paris with the metro (ride isn't too short but also not too long) and most importantly, although it's no longer what it used to be 10, 20 years ago La Défense is basically ten square kilometers of spots, it's its own microcosm and full of nooks and crannies with all kinds of skatable stuff ranging from nugs you've definitely seen in videos (although a lot of them are gone now) to the most obscure piss corner. For a skateboarder it's basically akin to staying in Créteil or Ivry, you'll be alright.

(Anyone know if people still skate literally inside the mall on rainy Sundays there? Mega group sessions used to go down there with Fabien Le Toullec and all the usual Dôme heads, flatground lines for day then hit the four stair, but now I think this one underground parking lot with ledges nearby has replaced it as the go-to over the years).

Took note of your dates just in case but honestly am completely unable to predict the next time I'll be in Paris right now. Either way, hope you enjoy!

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2022, 08:40:06 AM »
Dates are out for Lyons slappy contest. Highly recommend it to anyone who can make it, hit me up if you are!

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2022, 02:34:30 AM »
I‘ll be in Paris next week and have planned to skate Place de la République, Place de la Bastille and the spot under the bridge at Quai de la Rapée.

I was wondering if the bank spot at Place d‘Italie still exists and where it is exactly.

Any other suggestions are welcome, I‘ll stay in a Hoel in the Marais.

Merci!
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2022, 02:48:54 AM »
I‘ll be in Paris next week and have planned to skate Place de la République, Place de la Bastille and the spot under the bridge at Quai de la Rapée.

I was wondering if the bank spot at Place d‘Italie still exists and where it is exactly.

Merci!

Pretty sure the bank spot you're thinking of is gone, and has been for a couple of years now. Shame because it was one of my favorite spots in Paris too. That's the one I was talking about in the skate harassment thread where people used to lunge capped two-liter piss or water bottles at you from the 15th floor, so you constantly had to be on the lookout and well that part was never fun. Another area I like getting lost in is around Le Louvre. And if you're ever going towards the outskirts, Porte de Bagnolet also has some stuff (but mostly one fun little plaza with stairs, ledges and a hill).

The area you're planning on skating (anywhere in between Bastille/Austerlitz/Quai de la Rapée) is fucking prime, tons of blocks spreading out in every direction all chockfull of pretty evident spots, and smooth pavement. République can get really crowded during the day (especially right now at peak touristic season) so I'd recommend you go early. I'm only one hour away by train if you ever happen to have like thirty, forty bucks round trip to spare, a day to yourself and fancy seeing a bit more of the country than the capital, show up in the morning and I would love to show you around the smaller and more authentic city of Blois for the day. We have spots. Have fun!

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2022, 04:17:17 AM »
Expand Quote

Merci!
[close]

Pretty sure the bank spot you're thinking of is gone, and has been for a couple of years now. Shame because it was one of my favorite spots in Paris too. That's the one I was talking about in the skate harassment thread where people used to lunge capped two-liter piss or water bottles at you from the 15th floor, so you constantly had to be on the lookout and well that part was never fun. Another area I like getting lost in is around Le Louvre. And if you're ever going towards the outskirts, Porte de Bagnolet also has some stuff (but mostly one fun little plaza with stairs, ledges and a hill).

The area you're planning on skating (anywhere in between Bastille/Austerlitz/Quai de la Rapée) is fucking prime, tons of blocks spreading out in every direction all chockfull of pretty evident spots, and smooth pavement. République can get really crowded during the day (especially right now at peak touristic season) so I'd recommend you go early. I'm only one hour away by train if you ever happen to have like thirty, forty bucks round trip to spare, a day to yourself and fancy seeing a bit more of the country than the capital, show up in the morning and I would love to show you around the smaller and more authentic city of Blois for the day. We have spots. Have fun!

Have a gnar mon ami!

I‘ll be there only three full days and most of it will be spent shopping with the missus so I‘ll squeeze in a sesh in the mornings or evenings. After that we are off to the Ile de Groix for some hiking and relaxing. But I‘ve been planning to visit the Loire castles for a long time and when that happens I‘ll make sure to hit you up for a session in Blois.
why come?

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2022, 05:17:07 PM »
whats up pals, I'll be in paris october 10th - 13th to hang and skate and meet up with my girlfriend before going to Italy

I spent a month there in 2008 filming, skating and living on a couch in an apartment a few of us rented. Excited to go back and see how much has changed. 

crazy to hear that bank spot was notorious for water bottles being tossed at you, our homie loved skating that spot when we were there and would go by himself, but we must have had 5-8 bottles thrown at us at that spot over the course of the month. Good times!

any recommendations on places to stay in paris? hostels, hotels, whatever, gonna be there monday oct 10th-Thurs oct 13th , would be nice to stay near Republique or Bastille , relatively cheap would be nice too.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2022, 11:43:18 PM »
whats up pals, I'll be in paris october 10th - 13th to hang and skate and meet up with my girlfriend before going to Italy

I spent a month there in 2008 filming, skating and living on a couch in an apartment a few of us rented. Excited to go back and see how much has changed. 

crazy to hear that bank spot was notorious for water bottles being tossed at you, our homie loved skating that spot when we were there and would go by himself, but we must have had 5-8 bottles thrown at us at that spot over the course of the month. Good times!

any recommendations on places to stay in paris? hostels, hotels, whatever, gonna be there monday oct 10th-Thurs oct 13th , would be nice to stay near Republique or Bastille , relatively cheap would be nice too.

Depends on what‘s cheap for you, I was staying the last three nights at Villa Beaumarchais. It‘s right between Bastille and Republique, both only a few minutes to skate to. It‘s around € 150 for a double per night, decent beds for the old body.

I was skating la Place de la République on the first night, mad busy but good vibes, and then the Port de la Rapée flatbars for two days in a row, all by my lonely (bar a few friendly homeless dudes and cycling tourists). These flatbars are so much fun for a mediocre dude like me. And the setting is idyllic, right by the Seine river shores. From there it is only a stone’s throw to spots like Gare d’Austerlitz or Bercy.

Now I am of to new adventures.
why come?

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2022, 11:55:25 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Depends on what‘s cheap for you, I was staying the last three nights at Villa Beaumarchais. It‘s right between Bastille and Republique, both only a few minutes to skate to. It‘s around € 150 for a double per night, decent beds for the old body.

I was skating la Place de la République on the first night, mad busy but good vibes, and then the Port de la Rapée flatbars for two days in a row, all by my lonely (bar a few friendly homeless dudes and cycling tourists). These flatbars are so much fun for a mediocre dude like me. And the setting is idyllic, right by the Seine river shores. From there it is only a stone’s throw to spots like Gare d’Austerlitz or Bercy.

nice! Is that the spot with the benches that drop down onto the flat bars, under the bridge and right on the seine ? I noticed that all the ledges were now waxed at that spot too, when we were there everything was bone dry .

I ended up booking 3 nights at generator hostel, some ritzy-ish looking hostel / hotel situation that is about a ten minute skate from republique . it was $55 a night to stay in a 4 bed dorm style . I'm gonna try and keep my shit pretty minimal in terms of what I need to travel.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2022, 11:59:20 AM »
also anyone know where those white manual pads with the gap in between them are ? Need to skate those again!

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2022, 12:11:10 PM »
also anyone know where those white manual pads with the gap in between them are ? Need to skate those again!

Boulevard Richard-Lenoir? Maybe Google Street View that and see if it's the same ones you're talking about (it's a long street and so you might have to wander up and down blocks for a minute to find them, but it's got a lot of other fun stuff to hit).

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2022, 12:46:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Boulevard Richard-Lenoir? Maybe Google Street View that and see if it's the same ones you're talking about (it's a long street and so you might have to wander up and down blocks for a minute to find them, but it's got a lot of other fun stuff to hit).

yup thats it , found them at 22 blvd richard - lenoir , thanks !

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2022, 01:22:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

nice! Is that the spot with the benches that drop down onto the flat bars, under the bridge and right on the seine ? I noticed that all the ledges were now waxed at that spot too, when we were there everything was bone dry .

I ended up booking 3 nights at generator hostel, some ritzy-ish looking hostel / hotel situation that is about a ten minute skate from republique . it was $55 a night to stay in a 4 bed dorm style . I'm gonna try and keep my shit pretty minimal in terms of what I need to travel.

Yes, that‘s the spot and the ledges are waxed but there is quite a few tents under the bridge and the homeless guys have set up a table and chairs next to the ledge and chill out there.
why come?

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2022, 01:29:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yes, that‘s the spot and the ledges are waxed but there is quite a few tents under the bridge and the homeless guys have set up a table and chairs next to the ledge and chill out there.

Did you get to see the amazing (but narrow) banks on the bridge itself? The run-up sucks (wooden planks going the wrong way) so they're only so fun to skate, but I love them. Also no one else seems to skate them but I also like the pillars underneath the bridge (right next to the flatbars) as a steep wallie to wallride channel gap kind of thing (I do a no-comply off one pillar into the other there in the Magenta video Balade, with a giant cock spray painted on the wall in the background that I never noticed until I saw the footage).

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2022, 12:18:18 PM »
Do you live there full time silhouette? Would love to meet up with someone to skate with while I’m there .

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2022, 03:18:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Did you get to see the amazing (but narrow) banks on the bridge itself? The run-up sucks (wooden planks going the wrong way) so they're only so fun to skate, but I love them. Also no one else seems to skate them but I also like the pillars underneath the bridge (right next to the flatbars) as a steep wallie to wallride channel gap kind of thing (I do a no-comply off one pillar into the other there in the Magenta video Balade, with a giant cock spray painted on the wall in the background that I never noticed until I saw the footage).

No I didn‘t see the narrow banks nor the wallie pillars and tbh I can‘t even wallride. I have earmarked the bd Richard Lenoir manny pad tho, as I will stop over in Paris when I get back from the Ile de Groix (where I arrived today after spending last night in the Mont St Michel).
why come?

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2022, 11:42:05 PM »
Do you live there full time silhouette? Would love to meet up with someone to skate with while I’m there .

Nah I'm just over an hour away, or I would have instantly PM'd you and Easy Slider. I do visit quite a bit, but these days am pretty bound to my town for a gazillion of personal reasons, making it a struggle to leave on even small trips. I did take note of your dates though, and will let you know if I get to come around, it's always a pleasure to skate with people. Otherwise perhaps I can try and hook you up with my friend Masaki, he's the best spot guide and person. And if by chance you just so happened to have one day to spare during your stay and would like to see a bit more of the country than the capital, then I would be glad to extend the invite I made earlier to Easy Slider.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

No I didn‘t see the narrow banks nor the wallie pillars and tbh I can‘t even wallride. I have earmarked the bd Richard Lenoir manny pad tho, as I will stop over in Paris when I get back from the Ile de Groix (where I arrived today after spending last night in the Mont St Michel).

Ah the banks and pillars would have been a good place to learn wallrides at actually, the banks are pretty steep but not excessively so and the pillars have this little banked curb cut thing leading up to them that really helps send you onto them. Maybe you could learn that move here and then take it back as a souvenir! Unless the board potentially shooting out and into the Seine would be a deterrent, but realistically I've never had or seen that happen there. Enjoy Ile de Groix! I was on a family vacation at Ile d'Oléron just a couple weeks ago, fun times. Cheers!