Author Topic: New Nintendo Switch  (Read 577 times)

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
New Nintendo Switch
« on: July 06, 2021, 11:57:57 AM »
I think I'm gonna get this. I haven't owned a video game console, or really played a lot of games, since the Super Nintendo, so it will be a big change. Anyone else thinking of getting this?

https://gizmodo.com/nintendos-new-oled-switch-is-real-and-it-arrives-on-oct-1847234367

Powdered Toast Man!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
Re: New Nintendo Switch
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 04:37:05 PM »
im soo out of the loop with videogames overall.
so many consoles and games and online gaming and shit it's overwhelming in a good way kinda. being this lost makes me feel old lol

last time i played something was metal gear solid snake eater for the ps2 whenever that came out and then i became a teenager and skateboarding, music, partying, and girls slowly took over.
i was always a sucker for nintendo and i did play super smash bros for n64 ALOT, and even got the gamecube just for melee but i wouldn't call myself a gamer back then.

that said, i'd consider making this purchase just because i'm an adult and slowed down a bit and i can afford it.
although, i do have the snes classic mini and rarely play it, so idk if spending $350 on a toy i might not even fully use is worth it

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

Jordan Wiens

• Rep: 49
  • @wardenjeans
    • portfolio avatar image
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 05:29:24 PM »
i dont think theres anything new processor or battery wise, but the screen is bigger and oled now so if you dont already own a switch id say hop on it. so many good exclusives for it and great for travelling.
youtube.com/wardenjeans
twitch.tv/wardenjeans

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2021, 05:28:13 AM »
I'm honestly kinda relieved that it's not a crazy upgrade that might have exclusive software. I've had a Switch since day one and it's probably the most fun I've had with a console since I was a kid and I don't want to have to upgrade anytime soon.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2021, 02:08:32 PM »
im soo out of the loop with videogames overall.
so many consoles and games and online gaming and shit it's overwhelming in a good way kinda. being this lost makes me feel old lol

last time i played something was metal gear solid snake eater for the ps2 whenever that came out and then i became a teenager and skateboarding, music, partying, and girls slowly took over.
i was always a sucker for nintendo and i did play super smash bros for n64 ALOT, and even got the gamecube just for melee but i wouldn't call myself a gamer back then.

that said, i'd consider making this purchase just because i'm an adult and slowed down a bit and i can afford it.
although, i do have the snes classic mini and rarely play it, so idk if spending $350 on a toy i might not even fully use is worth it

Do you see yourself possibly playing games in a party environment? Because the Switch is the ultimate party game console

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2021, 02:12:47 PM »
i dont think theres anything new processor or battery wise, but the screen is bigger and oled now so if you dont already own a switch id say hop on it. so many good exclusives for it and great for travelling.

Yeah, that's all, plus a new dock that has Ethernet which is confirmed to work with old Switch models and will likely be sold separately.

There's long been reports of an upgraded 4k Switch coming and some of the people that leaked it said they think it's still in the cards and was always rumored for 2022 anyways but I don't see them doing another refresh that quick, not unless it's just a Switch 2 for 2023 release. That said it is Nintendo and after seeing all the different 3DS versions I wouldn't put it past them.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2021, 04:59:30 PM »
Swooped up the New Leaf Crossing special edition what was maybe 6 months ago, the most. Honestly, I don’t think this is worth upgrading. The dimensions are the same. It just has a higher def. Nintendo games aren’t generally big on looking hyper realistic so I’m not worried. Plus my console looks adorable, and I say it with my chest
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2021, 06:38:31 PM »
Not really worth buying if you already have a switch.