Author Topic: Monarch Project  (Read 12820 times)

Grip Jobs

Re: Monarch Project
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2021, 11:08:26 AM »
This is scary

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2021, 11:12:36 AM »
the monarch project sacrifices a web designer to the rockefeller’s every business meeting

lucascbn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 21
  • #maconha
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2021, 11:20:28 AM »
Gary Rogers mentioned Leticia and Sky Brown being on some website for a company called Monarch Project (another shitty company name IMO). I just did a quick bit of Googling and found that the brand is registered as being owned by Highline Industries Corporation, which seems to owned by Bravo Sports. According to Bravo's website, "Highline Industries is a manufacturer of higher-end Skateboards and Helmets." Highline seems to own Sector9, Protec, Nutcase Helmets and Sixsixone Protection (whoever the fuck they are).

The trademark for Monarch Project covers "skateboards; skateboard decks; skateboard wheels; skateboard trucks; ball bearings for skateboards; skateboard grip tape; skateboard bags; skateboarding gloves; protective padding for skateboarding; athletic protective knee pads for skateboarding; athletic protective elbow pads for skateboarding; athletic protective arm pads for skateboarding; athletic protective wrist pads for skateboarding."

Kinda weird that this new brand is under Highline when Bravo also owns Dwindle. I guess the guys over at Dwindle didn't want any part of this so its with the helmets and longboards.

Do you Pals think this is being set up to cash-in on the Olympics?

congrats on the research

Cornrowwallace

• Rep: -26
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2021, 03:04:38 PM »
Leticia is trans????

Clown the company all you want but mocking a 12 year old girls appearance and making transphobic comments about Leticia makes you look like a real piece of shit

ThisFuckingDude

• Rep: -11
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2021, 04:07:14 PM »
This is scary
You’re trash simple as that.

veritas

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2021, 04:11:25 PM »
How many Olympic pros are getting their own generic cookie cutter brands to be the star pro on? Besides nyjah

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1096
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2021, 04:19:11 PM »
I remember reading for the Olympics skaters can use products that have been in the market 6 months prior to the event. If this is all new recently how can they use it if it's not even in the market?

I don’t know how the Olympic skateboarding rules work, but in sports like tennis and cycling, these rules usually apply to new technologies, not just a new brand name on an existing product.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2021, 06:40:04 PM »
Perfect name for young ladies

Fuck me, you’re right yeah they mean sprouters, ay

These cunts!

Edit

Cannot unsee this deadset I mean even the fucking logo holy shit
listen to cosmic psychos

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2021, 08:53:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
He works for Johnny Bravo
[close]

Based on her voice in the Trojan ad her transformation is almost complete.

Dr. Mrs. The Monarch is such a babe. And, as long as you were on her good side, I bet she'd be great company and have all sorts of smart/interesting shit to say. She deserves way better than the Monarch or Phantom Limb.

Dr. Mrs. The Monarch >>> Leticia.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

John Kreese

• Rep: -22
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2021, 09:12:08 PM »
Got kicked off Plan B, couldn't seal the deal with Element, so why not start another brand? Board manufacturers are still struggling to keep up with current companies. Too bad she didn't go to Meow.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2021, 04:23:15 AM »
Monarch like a queen?

Like a butterfly?

Like the dude from Venture Bros?

Like the company that chills with Godzillas?

A ton of potential here to define themselves in ways that I will not really be interested in because this type of skateboarding is not for me. Which is fine. Maybe some others (people that identify as jock girls?) will be into it.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2021, 07:30:09 AM »
Monarch could be a sick name for a company with good art direction, team and branding.

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2021, 08:01:45 AM »
Leticia rips, the fact that she can’t get a non-cringe inducing sponsor is very puzzling.

Ric Leonetti

• Rep: 20
  • Sorry if my name offends you
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2021, 08:03:25 AM »
Monarch could be a sick name for a company with good art direction, team and branding.

something like Darkstar
The Man From The Place Of Clay

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2021, 08:34:23 AM »
the only monarch i recognize

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2021, 08:34:39 AM »
Leticia rips, the fact that she can’t get a non-cringe inducing sponsor is very puzzling.

I imagine her personality and image have a lot to with it. Her and Sheckler/Jagger strike me as two sides of the same coin: Talented but mainstream jocks who really belong in a traditional sport where winning, money, and bro culture are highly valued.

It is interesting that few of the Olympic skaters have legit board sponsors, but it also makes sense cause who would ever want to go on tour with Jagger? I wouldn't even want have lunch with him, let alone be stuck on a trip with him for three weeks. Same for Leticia, past the superficial is anything about her cool?

Not to mention, her image wouldn't really fit with Real, Polar, or a brand that matters.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 08:44:29 AM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2021, 09:28:51 AM »
the only monarch i recognize

Great for mowing

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1000
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2021, 09:41:29 AM »
A BBQ essential.

roastbeef

• Rep: -47
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2021, 10:05:44 AM »
There is always one person that has to turn every subject into a CIA conspiracy theory. Go outside dude.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2193
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2021, 11:52:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I imagine her personality and image have a lot to with it. Her and Sheckler/Jagger strike me as two sides of the same coin: Talented but mainstream jocks who really belong in a traditional sport where winning, money, and bro culture are highly valued.

It is interesting that few of the Olympic skaters have legit board sponsors, but it also makes sense cause who would ever want to go on tour with Jagger? I wouldn't even want have lunch with him, let alone be stuck on a trip with him for three weeks. Same for Leticia, past the superficial is anything about her cool?

Not to mention, her image wouldn't really fit with Real, Polar, or a brand that matters.
I know, RIGHT?!? You just know that Jagger kid is gonna insist on going to Chipotle to cash in on that sponsorship. Even if dude offers to buy, I’m going to take a hard pass on that one, regardless of his personality.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1200
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2021, 01:08:54 PM »

Well sounds like we’re in luck because I think that’s exactly what we’ve got. 

That Thrasher ad was next level.  Surely you wouldn’t deny that, Bruce.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2021, 02:56:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I know, RIGHT?!? You just know that Jagger kid is gonna insist on going to Chipotle to cash in on that sponsorship. Even if dude offers to buy, I’m going to take a hard pass on that one, regardless of his personality.
i know this isn’t his thread, but i happened upon one of those heart supply boards in target today and the wheels legitimately do not rotate

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2021, 04:14:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
i know this isn’t his thread, but i happened upon one of those heart supply boards in target today and the wheels legitimately do not rotate
No, bro… you just don’t understand!!! The bearings (as well as the REST of the set up have to be broken in. The recommended technique is soak the bearings in gasoline (no need to remove them from the wheels, just leave them right where they are. Next, simply apply a flame, or ignition source, and VOILA!  You’re all set to begin enjoying your new Heart Supply complete!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1096
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2021, 04:31:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It really demonstrates just how little money there must be in board sales that so many of skateboarding's marquee talent can't even be fucked with. Must be some perverse incentives us plebs are unaware of.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2021, 04:53:40 PM »
Leticia rips open so many condoms, the fact that she can’t get a non-cringe inducing sponsor is very puzzling.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2021, 05:35:46 PM »
I think it’s just like what she wants to do?
Like you know how those primetime sort of tier skaters often do their own stuff to make more money, she’s probably got like a stake in it or something?

Like, these people aren’t stupid they have managers and stuff if they wanted to wear clothes we think are cool and like do a big push to get on a diff company they probably would? Idk just thoughts
listen to cosmic psychos

cky enthusiast

« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2021, 08:03:13 PM »
i think it’s funny to accuse competitive skateboarding of “bro culture” when they have had 0 proven sexual misconduct allegations. core skating cannot say the same. i think you dudes with baggy pants and 35mm cameras need to do some self exam.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2021, 08:31:30 PM »
i think it’s funny to accuse competitive skateboarding of “bro culture” when they have had 0 proven sexual misconduct allegations. core skating cannot say the same. i think you dudes with baggy pants and 35mm cameras need to do some self exam.
I see where you’re going here, but before you head too far on down that road, may I ask if you are familiar with the Nyjahgate incident?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2021, 08:34:46 PM »
if you can find me an accuser i’ll be more than happy to change 0 to 1- still a lot less than the side of the industry still reissuing gator boards

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2021, 08:41:37 PM »
if you can find me an accuser i’ll be more than happy to change 0 to 1- still a lot less than the side of the industry still reissuing gator boards
It’s not my job to find accusers. My job is to show up on these bloards, post stupid thoughts, & be an irritating dipshit.
Clearly, my work here is done, good sir, or madam; I shall now take my leave.  ;)