Author Topic: West LA/Santa Monica  (Read 631 times)

adriankohatsu

West LA/Santa Monica
« on: July 14, 2021, 07:08:15 PM »
Hi! Returning to Slap after many years, this Sunday I am arriving in Los Angeles to get vaccinated (because in my country the vaccination process is taking a long time due to the political situation that my country is currently going through - Peru). In case some of you live near West La and Santa Monica (im staying close to that area), let me know to go skate and in case if any of you likes to film, let me know to go out to asession (I would like to know and skate some LA/surroundings spots that I always saw as a kid in the videos and film it -i will cover any expenses regarding that matter, just DM-)  Finally, I would appreciate if you could tell me which spots are nearby to West La/Santa Monica that are not a bust.

Thanks!

Ps: sorry if my english i'ts a mess (not my first language)

The Mess

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
  • please don't kill me jesse.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: West LA/Santa Monica
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 04:49:05 PM »
Courthouse, Stoner (West LA), Beach Curbs/sandgaps (Santa Monica), and Venice park.
i have nothing to fear but jesse himself.

lazer69

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -95
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2021, 05:26:34 PM »
thats interesting. My skate friend from Peru went to LA in May for the vaccine and to skate some. If I was still there I would have sesh with you. Courthouse is the best. Stoner is fun but can get crowded. Im more familiar with spots on the eastside.

liahoop9595

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 16
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2022, 09:46:59 AM »
Does anyone have any hints where this is? Pretty sure it’s in the Santa Monica area. Been trying to find it on google maps but no luck. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CaviFO7ptyY/?utm_medium=copy_link

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2022, 11:22:47 AM »
SM Triple set at the Santa Monica Pier is the most famous spot I can think of aside from Courthouse, worth seeing in person to make you realize how gnarly it is. Not a super long skate from the pier to the venice curbs/sand gaps/venice skatepark as mentioned before.